Injury Crisis 2023/24 | Martínez and Casemiro back in training

Hughie77

It would be a disastrous move. The last thing this club needs is more drama and brining back DDG (through no fault of his own) has tele-novela written all over it.
Maybe .. Ronny came back and that was a disaster in the End .. DDG for a season that's it.. even think Onana would improve with him there.. but what do I know. Just stick with Onana.. I'd rather see Heaton in there can't be any worse than the ones who's there.. but he did save a pen. World beater now

Hughie77

Shaw and Martinez coming back will be such a lift to the team. We severely underrate how good a player Shaw is at times.
Back in training let's hope it goes well for both and they become available in few weeks..

AFC NimbleThumb

Shaw and Martinez coming back will be such a lift to the team. We severely underrate how good a player Shaw is at times.
He’s been present for a lot of the spankings we’ve had over recent years.

I like Shaw & he’ll of course be an improvement on Evans [old], Dalot [crap right back] or Lindelof [crap centre back] but I’d temper those expectations a bit. He’s hardly a massive character.

Lucho on the other hand. . .

tomaldinho1

OK we go with Tom Heaton. The Turk maybe they be OK.. Onana has been Awsome hasn't he ..so we can stay with him .. last season DDG declined so far he had golden glove ?? .. if that's not a legitimate argument I don't know what is.. DDG wasn't as good a keeper than Onana because he only used 1 hand to save ..??
Tell me you know nothing about how the golden glove is awarded without telling me…you’re trying to defend a keeper who shipped 7 versus Pool…

Hughie77

Tell me you know nothing about how the golden glove is awarded without telling me…you’re trying to defend a keeper who shipped 7 versus Pool…
How many has Onana shipped in?? 1 game 7 goals better than 7 games and more than 1 goal per game.. and I'd still have DDG in goal.. through a season he will get you more points than ETHs golden boy..

tomaldinho1

How many has Onana shipped in?? 1 game 7 goals better than 7 games and more than 1 goal per game.. and I'd still have DDG in goal.. through a season he will get you more points than ETHs golden boy..
I reckon we'll end up on about similar as last year to be honest (43) and that's with the bulk of these first games being with basically no first choice defenders.

Hughie77

I reckon we'll end up on about similar as last year to be honest (43) and that's with the bulk of these first games being with basically no first choice defenders.
43pts just above relegation that be OK.. this utd side imo will scrape 60 plus points 7th 8th .. that's it.. because they can't score goals.. and that's another thread ..

tomaldinho1

43pts just above relegation that be OK.. this utd side imo will scrape 60 plus points 7th 8th .. that's it.. because they can't score goals.. and that's another thread ..
Goals against. FYI Onana is currently joint 2nd for the golden glove - assuming you might drop that silly line of argument now

Hughie77

Goals against. FYI Onana is currently joint 2nd for the golden glove - assuming you might drop that silly line of argument now
No.. he's still not good enough and will concede more silly goals than most Keepers and its going to cost Utd and maybe ETH...even with Defenders back assuming Martinez comes in or Shaw.

tomaldinho1

No.. he's still not good enough and will concede more silly goals than most Keepers and its going to cost Utd and maybe ETH...even with Defenders back assuming Martinez comes in or Shaw.
Ok so golden glove is not a good barometer, neither are his stats, shall we just chat end of season and see if he's been good or not. Your mind seems quite made up for pre December.

tomaldinho1

Seems to be a lot of so called supporters who are only interested in slagging off our players, however they perform.
Reading the posts it’s actually a bit weird, as if they maybe watched the Bayern and Gala games live and have then followed United by reading the Mail since then.

Hughie77

Ok so golden glove is not a good barometer, neither are his stats, shall we just chat end of season and see if he's been good or not. Your mind seems quite made up for pre December.
Yep he's a mix of Bartez and Taibi.. and if ETH gets the bullet this guy will be one the next Manager Replaces.. He's Fit now so have put up with him..

peridigm

Shaw's a good player but it shows how shite our squad is that the fanbase is reacting like prime Rio is coming back from injury.
He’s one player and will not suddenly transform us into anything more than what we already are. We’ve got too many problems that can’t be solved even if we had our entire starting back 4 fit.

Amsterdam Devil

Could the many injuries maybe help us in the second part of the season because the injured players that are getting back to fitness now are more rested because they didn’t play a lot of matches yet in this season?

TheRedHearted

Back in training let's hope it goes well for both and they become available in few weeks..
Why don’t we put players playing in the under 21 when they are coming back from injury? I thought that was the system so they can get fitness

Could the many injuries maybe help us in the second part of the season because the injured players that are getting back to fitness now are more rested because they didn’t play a lot of matches yet in this season?
It doesn’t really work that way. An injured player was rehabilitating, they weren’t resting

TrueRed79

Farcical at this stage. People need to be getting sacked for this crisis. It's never ending and unprofessional for me. Can't just be a simple case of "players just get injured" at this point.

DownRiver

Farcical at this stage. People need to be getting sacked for this crisis. It's never ending and unprofessional for me. Can't just be a simple case of "players just get injured" at this point.
The silver lining from Sir Jim and his pals coming is that they will definitely nip this in the bud. Their whole thing is looking at small margins.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
This sounds like wishful thinking that the current lot of injured players wont constantly be replaced by others being injured instead. It's really quite remarkable what's going on.

Yorke to Cole

Ten Hag needs to be brought by the new sports science members coming in and asked why this is occurring?

This is ridiculous, this onslaught of injuries.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I really don’t understand the hate that Mount gets for no reason at all