International call ups

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Might have misheard but I think Ole just said (at the Player Awards) on MUTV that Corry Evans is in the full Northern Ireland squad for their game with Italy next month. Impressive if true.
No way. Really? I wonder whether he'll get any time on the pitch? Either way it's all good experience. I suppose being Jonny's brother they'll be more willing to give him a chance too. Good news.

Decotron

Might have misheard but I think Ole just said (at the Player Awards) on MUTV that Corry Evans is in the full Northern Ireland squad for their game with Italy next month. Impressive if true.
Imagine both him and Norwood could end up as full internationals before they make their 1st team debuts, how impressive is that.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Imagine both him and Norwood could end up as full internationals before they make their 1st team debuts, how impressive is that.
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't both of Gibson & Evans become full internationals before their competitive 1st team debuts for United?

Edit: Evans was a Full International before making his 1st appearance for us.. On the other hand Gibson had already appeared for us before becoming a full International for his country..

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't both of Gibson & Evans become full internationals before their competitive 1st team debuts for United?

Edit: Evans was a Full International before making his 1st appearance for us.. On the other hand Gibson had already appeared for us before becoming a full International for his country..
Don Givens was the first in the late 1960's early 1970's.....made his international debut before his first team debut.

David Healy was another.

Meanwhile...David McCreery, Guiseppe Rossi made their first team debut before playing in the youth team!

jb8521

Danny Drinkwater and Matty James both starting for the England under 19s against Scotland on Setanta Sports 1 now

cj_sparky

James and Drinkwater have both had a decent half to be honest. Both use the ball well, also both get back and forward well.

I've seen Drinkwater for the reserves this year and have enjoyed many of his performances. As for James he looks a good prospect, everything he does seems to be at a canter and done with such ease.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
James had a solid game. A year younger than most of the other lads as well.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Congrats, lads. Really happy to see Welbeck's name on the list. Been a bit concerned about the knee injury that kept him out of the U21 championships.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Congrats, lads. Really happy to see Welbeck's name on the list. Been a bit concerned about the knee injury that kept him out of the U21 championships.
Same here.. Good to see he is back and it will be nice to see him start the season with a good tournament..

Also looking forward to seeing Ljajic in action!

cj_sparky

Good luck to the lads, is this going to be on T.V at all?

I wonder if any of the English lads will be in the U20's World Cup squad too. Which is in September.

PS18

Eurosport's showing some of the games.

Would imagine most of these will be in U20 contention.