International Friendlies May/June

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Looking forward to seeing Nani and perhaps a cameo from Rashford tonight. Guess it’ll be more or less Hodgson’s ideal XI, interesting to see.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
anybody here from Macedonia? :D need lineups for their friendly with Iran....

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Hoping Barkley gets a start tonight to make one last claim for starting place in the tournament.

top1whoisman

Scout

Pretty much expected, the strongest XI from Roy’s point of view.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I'm shocked every time I see Carvalho's name in a Portugal line-up. He's about 50 in my mind.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Milner - creating space for the opposition, superb.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Rooney and Milner out of position. Roy couldn't resist to drop one of his favourites. Looks like England will have the same problem they usually do in forcing certain players in the starting line up leaving us unbalanced.

I hope for once it actually works though as I'd love to get excited about England in a tournament. Don't think I have since 04.

top1whoisman

Scout
The team looks quite unbalanced to me.
Rooney and Milner out of position. Roy couldn't resist to drop one of his favourites. Looks like England will have the same problem they usually do in forcing certain players in the starting line up leaving us unbalanced.

I hope for once it actually works though as I'd love to get excited about England in a tournament. Don't think I have since 04.
Dier & Milner have a quite defending role, Rooney box-to-box and Alli a bit more attacking, or the other way round. I’d say it’s quite balanced actually. Rooney is a midfielder these days, so he’s playing the position he’s played for United this spring.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Well Rooney and Milner will both play in their positions :confused: Milner CM and Rooney CM / AM.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

I really wouldn't say Rooney and Milner are playing "out of position".

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Milner is not really a centre midfielder and plays much better on the wing. Rooney has had a handful of games in Centre midfield and according to most on here he he's not very good in that position.

top1whoisman

Scout
To me Milner was better on the wing while he was still at City, these days he’s better suited to the middle. To some extent I agree that Rooney’s shoehorned into the side. Then again we all knew that’d happen. I’m sure he’s got more to offer in midfield than further forward.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I really wanted to watch this. Unfortunately working till 10 pm. Was curious to see us without Ronaldo against a top opponent.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Mourinho is there. He is scouting someone i hope or maybe watching rooney.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Rafa silva/mario/ moutinho the three players i think mou will be looking at. Maybe even danilo? I hope we can see andre gomes.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Cheers fella!
I'm not anti England. Even with Hodgsaurus i consider England a top national team. I hope it's a good match but with Santos defensive stance i doubt it.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Looks like Rooney is playing further forward than Ali. Has Ali got much experience playing deeper?