International peak draft

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Brilliant. Double wind-up of @antohan - not only does Francescoli not get the call until the 12th round, he also has to suffer the disrespect of his name getting misspelled.
I have long given up on this being about great tourno performance TBH. Three Copa wins, two as best player, should have gone ages ago.

Same for Forlán tbh, he was immense in 2010.

I followed Annahs lead and went for a shadow wank Uruguay tourno XI. Layed out the pick order from the start and never checked until now. Suffice to say I would have gotten the whole lot.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I have long given up on this being about great tourno performance TBH. Three Copa wins, two as best player, should have gone ages ago.
Yeah, it's a shame. We even talked with Edgar about picking him, despite having both Cruyff and Messi since the beginning. Should've been one of the main stars of the draft (maybe he'll still be one though, now it's on @Tuppet)

Moby

Dick

Same for Forlán tbh, he was immense in 2010.

I followed Annahs lead and went for a shadow wank Uruguay tourno XI. Layed out the pick order from the start and never checked until now. Suffice to say I would have gotten the whole lot.
Not like there's a plethora of top players in his position or anything..

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Not like there's a plethora of top players in his position or anything..
True, I understand that's an issue (I had it myself just wondering how to fit the great UY performers!).

The difference with Enzo though is he had different roles in the different Copas so should have been easier than the average classic #10 one tourno wonder.

In fact, I sorted my problem using his 1983 outside left playmaking role that cut into inside left/second striker when the attack came from the right side. He picked Brazil apart in that role.

Moby

Dick
True, I understand that's an issue (I had it myself just wondering how to fit the great UY performers!).

The difference with Enzo though is he had different roles in the different Copas so should have been easier than the average classic #10 one tourno wonder.

In fact, I sorted my problem using his 1983 outside left playmaking role that cut into inside left/second striker when the attack came from the right side. He picked Brazil apart in that role.
I considered him for left forward, but had enough playmakers/creative presence in my team (surprise surprise) and it would be a disservice to have him and not have the team built around him.

Enigma_87

You know who
I considered him for left forward, but had enough playmakers/creative presence in my team (surprise surprise) and it would be a disservice to have him and not have the team built around him.
Same for me. I considered him for the #10/SS and left forward role but got Stoichkov long time ago and IMO Hagi/Ballack had excellent tournaments on a bigger stage (WC) hence going for them before him.

Pat_Mustard

Funny enough that's what made me pick his compatriot Schiaffino as my 12th man. He seems to have filled in all over the show as well as excelling in his usual inside forward role:

Next, in a sweltering Sunday afternoon quarter-final, England gave Uruguay a powerful run for their money. But it was Schiaffino's controversial goal, which made it 3-1, that really tipped the balance. Varela illicitly took a free kick from hand; Ambrois and Miguez conjured the ball to Schiaffino; and goalkeeper Gil Merrick was too slow to stop the shot. When injuries led Uruguay to realign their forces, Schiaffino, in the words of a commentator, "was withdrawn to take over the central defensive position, from where he was to show his real mastery as one of the greatest and most balanced all-round footballers on the contemporary scene".

In a magnificent semi-final against Hungary, a depleted Uruguayan team virtually used Schiaffino as centre-forward. With 15 minutes left, and Uruguay 2-0 down, his pass sent Hohberg, a naturalised Argentinian, racing through to score. Three minutes from time, Schiaffino made Hohberg the equaliser, but Hungary scored twice in extra time. In the meaningless third-place match against Austria, Schiaffino yet again sent Hohberg clear to score the first goal, though weary Uruguay lost the game 3-1.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
@Pat_Mustard heh just watching the highlights of that game, you have plenty of footage on youtube so check it out if you didnt already :)

Pat_Mustard

@Pat_Mustard heh just watching the highlights of that game, you have plenty of footage on youtube so check it out if you didnt already :)
Cheers mate. I watched Uruguay vs Hungary during the South American Draft (great game :drool:), but I'm not sure if I've seen anything of the game vs England. I'll look it up. That Schiaffino pick has turned into a pain in the arse really, as I was perfectly happy with my first XI before that and now I'm looking into all sorts of different starting XIs.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Alexis Sanchez.

@Tuppet

Could someone update the list please.

Tuppet

International Peak Draft

EAP 1. J. Cruyff 2. Cafu 3. L. Messi 4. J. Masopust 5. B. Schuster 6. U. Seeler 7. O. Ruggeri 8. F. Collovati 9. H.P. Briegel 10. N. Stiles 11. D. Zoff 12. D. Forlan 13. S. Busquets

Sjor/Physio 1. F. Beckenbauer 2. E. Figueroa 3. A. Iniesta 4. L. Figo 5. P. Lahm 6. M. Coluna 7. J. Nasazzi 8. T. Cubillas 9. G. Batistuta 10. L. Yashin 11. N. Hidegkuti 12. Y. Zhirkov 13. A. Giresse

Isotope 1. D. Maradona 2. E. Davids 3. R. Baggio 4. S. Kocsis 5. D. Passarella 6. C. Gentile 7. A. Nesta 8. I. Netto 9. L. Júnior 10. G. Banks 11. J. Angloma 12 D. Deschutes 13. Trantini

2Mufc0 1. Pele 2. P. Rossi 3. R. Rivellino 4. R. Koeman 5. Dunga 6. G. Zambrotta 7. A. Pirlo 8. E. Abidal 9. T. Müller 10. M. Neuer 11. HG Schwarzenbeck 12. S. Pluskal 13. A. Sanchez

Tuppet 1. M. Garrincha 2. Romario 3. N. Santos 4. F. Puskas 5. J. Bozsik 6. V. R Andrade 7. J. Santamaria 8. M. Zagallo 9. J. Mascherano 10. A. Shesternyov 11. S. Maier 12. E. Fransescoli 13. F. Redondo

Pat Mustard 1. M. Platini 2. F. Cannavaro 3. L. Thuram 4. M. Kempes 5. B. Lizarazu 6. P. Elkjaer 7. P. McGrath 8. S. Lerby 9. A. Ghiggia 10. J. Chilavert 11. L. Fernandez 12. J. Schiaffino

Skizzo 1. L. Ronaldo 2. Rivaldo 3. Ronaldinho 4. A. Cabrini 5. J. Kohler 6. T. Burgnich 7. M. Tardelli 8. G. Buffon 9. M. Senna 10. M. Olsen 11. Maicon 12. T. Zagorakis

Enigma 1. G. Müller 2. B. Moore 3. P. Maldini 4. Didi 5. H. Stoichkov 6. M. Amoros 7. Z. Boniek 8. C. Makélélé 9. S. Campbell 10. M. Ballack 11. U. Fillol 12. G. Hagi

Onenil 1. M. van Basten 2. F. Rijkaard 3. R. Krol 4. P. Breitner 5. R. Gullit 6. W. van Hanegem 7. B. Laudrup 8. P. Vieira 9. E. Gerets 10. M. Overmars 11. D. Seaman 12. K. Poborský

Mazhar/Arbitrium 1. Jairzinho 2. J. Neeskens 3. Zico 4. D. Santos 5. Gérson 6. W. Schulz 7. D. Villa 8. M. Bossis 9. C. Puyol 10. Neymar 11. Gilmar 12. Denilson

Joga Bonito 1. F. Baresi 2. G. Facchetti 3. P. Falcao 4. B. Charlton 5. K. Rummenigge 6. B. Vogts 7. KH Förster 8. Z. Czibor 9. J. Klinsmann 10. V. Voronin 11. H. Schumacher 12. B. Conti

Gio/Theon 1. L. Matthäus 2. M. Sammer 3. Z. Zidane 4. R. Carlos 5. D. Džajić 6. B. Schweinsteiger 7. J. Zanetti 8. P. Schmeichel 9. C. Gamarra 10. C. Vieri 11. G. Buchwald 12. Leonidas

Raees/Invictus 1. Eusébio 2. A. Brehme 3. M. Desailly 4. O. Varela 5. J. Tigana 6. G. Bergomi 7. P. Nedvěd 8. A. Robben 9. H. Chumpitaz 10. O. Kahn 11. L. Suarez 12. Zizinho

Annahnomoss 1. K. Hamrin 2. N. Liedholm 3. G. Nordahl 4. G. Gren 5. L. Skoglund 6. O. Bergmark 7. E. Nilsson 8. B. Gustavsson 9. S. Andersson 10. B. Rosengren 11. K. Svensson 12. P. Kock

Moby 1. Xavi 2. G. Scirea 3. C. Alberto 4. L. Suárez Miramontes 5. G. Meazza 6. G. Lato 7. L. Monti 8. J. Stam 9. R. Rensenbrink 10. S. Marzolini 11. W. Zenga 12. D. Suker

DownCast 1. J. Fontaine 2. R. Kopa 3. T. Henry 4. L. Blanc 5. G. Netzer 6. KH Schnellinger 7. Zito 8. J. L. Andrade 9. H. Rahn 10. F. Albert 11. L. Mazurkiewicz 12. M. Khurtsilava

Reminder: Please don't hesitate to leave your pick to somebody (Annah, GreenSmiley or somebody else) if you expect to be busy while your turn is coming up.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Just to explain the GS comment. I referred to him as my apprentice after his assistant modding for the last Billy No Mates draft. There is no conspiracy, @Edgar Allan Pillow just fake news.

Pat_Mustard

International Peak Draft

EAP 1. J. Cruyff 2. Cafu 3. L. Messi 4. J. Masopust 5. B. Schuster 6. U. Seeler 7. O. Ruggeri 8. F. Collovati 9. H.P. Briegel 10. N. Stiles 11. D. Zoff 12. D. Forlan 13. S. Busquets

Sjor/Physio 1. F. Beckenbauer 2. E. Figueroa 3. A. Iniesta 4. L. Figo 5. P. Lahm 6. M. Coluna 7. J. Nasazzi 8. T. Cubillas 9. G. Batistuta 10. L. Yashin 11. N. Hidegkuti 12. Y. Zhirkov 13. A. Giresse

Isotope 1. D. Maradona 2. E. Davids 3. R. Baggio 4. S. Kocsis 5. D. Passarella 6. C. Gentile 7. A. Nesta 8. I. Netto 9. L. Júnior 10. G. Banks 11. J. Angloma 12 D. Deschutes 13. Trantini

2Mufc0 1. Pele 2. P. Rossi 3. R. Rivellino 4. R. Koeman 5. Dunga 6. G. Zambrotta 7. A. Pirlo 8. E. Abidal 9. T. Müller 10. M. Neuer 11. HG Schwarzenbeck 12. S. Pluskal 13. A. Sanchez

Tuppet 1. M. Garrincha 2. Romario 3. N. Santos 4. F. Puskas 5. J. Bozsik 6. V. R Andrade 7. J. Santamaria 8. M. Zagallo 9. J. Mascherano 10. A. Shesternyov 11. S. Maier 12. E. Fransescoli 13. F. Redondo

Pat Mustard 1. M. Platini 2. F. Cannavaro 3. L. Thuram 4. M. Kempes 5. B. Lizarazu 6. P. Elkjaer 7. P. McGrath 8. S. Lerby 9. A. Ghiggia 10. J. Chilavert 11. L. Fernandez 12. J. Schiaffino 13. Jorginho

Skizzo 1. L. Ronaldo 2. Rivaldo 3. Ronaldinho 4. A. Cabrini 5. J. Kohler 6. T. Burgnich 7. M. Tardelli 8. G. Buffon 9. M. Senna 10. M. Olsen 11. Maicon 12. T. Zagorakis

Enigma 1. G. Müller 2. B. Moore 3. P. Maldini 4. Didi 5. H. Stoichkov 6. M. Amoros 7. Z. Boniek 8. C. Makélélé 9. S. Campbell 10. M. Ballack 11. U. Fillol 12. G. Hagi

Onenil 1. M. van Basten 2. F. Rijkaard 3. R. Krol 4. P. Breitner 5. R. Gullit 6. W. van Hanegem 7. B. Laudrup 8. P. Vieira 9. E. Gerets 10. M. Overmars 11. D. Seaman 12. K. Poborský

Mazhar/Arbitrium 1. Jairzinho 2. J. Neeskens 3. Zico 4. D. Santos 5. Gérson 6. W. Schulz 7. D. Villa 8. M. Bossis 9. C. Puyol 10. Neymar 11. Gilmar 12. Denilson

Joga Bonito 1. F. Baresi 2. G. Facchetti 3. P. Falcao 4. B. Charlton 5. K. Rummenigge 6. B. Vogts 7. KH Förster 8. Z. Czibor 9. J. Klinsmann 10. V. Voronin 11. H. Schumacher 12. B. Conti

Gio/Theon 1. L. Matthäus 2. M. Sammer 3. Z. Zidane 4. R. Carlos 5. D. Džajić 6. B. Schweinsteiger 7. J. Zanetti 8. P. Schmeichel 9. C. Gamarra 10. C. Vieri 11. G. Buchwald 12. Leonidas

Raees/Invictus 1. Eusébio 2. A. Brehme 3. M. Desailly 4. O. Varela 5. J. Tigana 6. G. Bergomi 7. P. Nedvěd 8. A. Robben 9. H. Chumpitaz 10. O. Kahn 11. L. Suarez 12. Zizinho

Annahnomoss 1. K. Hamrin 2. N. Liedholm 3. G. Nordahl 4. G. Gren 5. L. Skoglund 6. O. Bergmark 7. E. Nilsson 8. B. Gustavsson 9. S. Andersson 10. B. Rosengren 11. K. Svensson 12. P. Kock

Moby 1. Xavi 2. G. Scirea 3. C. Alberto 4. L. Suárez Miramontes 5. G. Meazza 6. G. Lato 7. L. Monti 8. J. Stam 9. R. Rensenbrink 10. S. Marzolini 11. W. Zenga 12. D. Suker

DownCast 1. J. Fontaine 2. R. Kopa 3. T. Henry 4. L. Blanc 5. G. Netzer 6. KH Schnellinger 7. Zito 8. J. L. Andrade 9. H. Rahn 10. F. Albert 11. L. Mazurkiewicz 12. M. Khurtsilava

Reminder: Please don't hesitate to leave your pick to somebody (Annah, GreenSmiley or somebody else) if you expect to be busy while your turn is coming up.

@Skizzo

Annahnomoss

Cheers mate. I watched Uruguay vs Hungary during the South American Draft (great game :drool:), but I'm not sure if I've seen anything of the game vs England. I'll look it up. That Schiaffino pick has turned into a pain in the arse really, as I was perfectly happy with my first XI before that and now I'm looking into all sorts of different starting XIs.
:drool: That's what I was hoping could happen with 14 picks. 11 obvious ones then you realize your bench is class and you have a headache at your hand. And also for the possibility of those players stepping in when you make a reinforcement and they make more sense than another starter.

Skizzo

International Peak Draft

Pat Mustard 1. M. Platini 2. F. Cannavaro 3. L. Thuram 4. M. Kempes 5. B. Lizarazu 6. P. Elkjaer 7. P. McGrath 8. S. Lerby 9. A. Ghiggia 10. J. Chilavert 11. L. Fernandez 12. J. Schiaffino 13. Jorginho

Skizzo 1. L. Ronaldo 2. Rivaldo 3. Ronaldinho 4. A. Cabrini 5. J. Kohler 6. T. Burgnich 7. M. Tardelli 8. G. Buffon 9. M. Senna 10. M. Olsen 11. Maicon 12. T. Zagorakis 13. H. Szymaniak

@Enigma_87

Pat_Mustard

:drool: That's what I was hoping could happen with 14 picks. 11 obvious ones then you realize your bench is class and you have a headache at your hand. And also for the possibility of those players stepping in when you make a reinforcement and they make more sense than another starter.
It's definitely worked in my case mate. I've got to decide between a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1, a 5-3-2 and the infamous Magic Square now, with a few different possible line-ups for each :D

Enigma_87

You know who
International Peak Draft

Skizzo 1. L. Ronaldo 2. Rivaldo 3. Ronaldinho 4. A. Cabrini 5. J. Kohler 6. T. Burgnich 7. M. Tardelli 8. G. Buffon 9. M. Senna 10. M. Olsen 11. Maicon 12. T. Zagorakis 13. H. Szymaniak

Enigma 1. G. Müller 2. B. Moore 3. P. Maldini 4. Didi 5. H. Stoichkov 6. M. Amoros 7. Z. Boniek 8. C. Makélélé 9. S. Campbell 10. M. Ballack 11. U. Fillol 12. G. Hagi 13. R. Ayala

@oneniltothearsenal

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
International Peak Draft

Isotope 1. D. Maradona 2. E. Davids 3. R. Baggio 4. S. Kocsis 5. D. Passarella 6. C. Gentile 7. A. Nesta 8. I. Netto 9. L. Júnior 10. G. Banks 11. J. Angloma 12 D. Deschamps 13. Tarantini

Enigma 1. G. Müller 2. B. Moore 3. P. Maldini 4. Didi 5. H. Stoichkov 6. M. Amoros 7. Z. Boniek 8. C. Makélélé 9. S. Campbell 10. M. Ballack 11. U. Fillol 12. G. Hagi 13. R. Ayala

@oneniltothearsenal