International peak draft

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Same here. I reckon 13 is the sweet spot whereby you are close enough to the turn and well positioned to keep tabs on how things are shaping up.

I was first once and I hated it, although picking pairs can be quite nice.
Was first in one of the cricket drafts and nearly walked away with it, felt much easier being at the top and picking combos.

@Raees @Invictus When's a good time for you guys ? I am free till Thursday, so would prefer before that.
Can you do weekend? If not Wednesday or Thursday will have to do.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Shut it. I love Beckenbauer 66.

Doesn't sound a great idea though, I'll admit.
It wasn't the Beckenbauer in midfield which didn't make sense but dropping Netzer in his peak '72 form with the likes of Beckenbauer, Breitner in the same side. Beckenbauer-Netzer at the foundation with Kopa-Fontaine being the cherry on top of it all sounds lovely to say the least :drool:. Anyway let's wait and see how Downcast lines up, he might surprise us all after all.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
16th is my favourite position. being initial drafting you still have a big enough pool to build a solid team even without the obvious GOATs and being 1st in reinforcements will help a lot. And double picks :drool:
As the #16, it's also my favourite position for 2 reasons:

1. Because you can make double picks: less uncertainty about the shape of your team.
2. Because you don't need to check regularly the drafting process: generally around 24-32 hours between each double pick.

Breitner, Schnellinger, Beckenbauer, Netzer :drool::drool::drool:
He has Ancheta and Perfumo but I can see Schnellinger-Beckenbauer working like a charm, with Breitner-Andrade and Netzer in a 1972-esque side. Even Schwarzenbeck had the freedom to burst forward at times for that side and express himself occasionally. That being said, it's always nice to have the physicality of a stopper at the back but Schnellinger is one of the more wily and complete CBs around who should be a great fit for Beckenbauer afaik
It wasn't the Beckenbauer in midfield which didn't make sense but dropping Netzer in his peak '72 form with the likes of Beckenbauer, Breitner in the same side. Beckenbauer-Netzer at the foundation with Kopa-Fontaine being the cherry on top of it all sounds lovely to say the least :drool:. Anyway let's wait and see how Downcast lines up, he might surprise us all after all.
Surely he won't drop Blanc? Downcast loves his French star players and rightfully so.
Ancheta instead of Khurtsilava would have made more sense in hindsight.

The first game was the opportunity to speak about France 58. It's no longer a surprise: I will renew myself and put the spotlight on Germany 72-74.

I hope you will be proud of my team :) Surprises?

Yes. Definitely Downcast/Joga FC. :D
:lol:

I think the French team ship has sailed there. He has long bowed down to German superiority.
:lol: All I can admit is I have 5 German players against 4 French players.

Gary Lineker after the SF England-Germany in 90

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I'm good for weekdays mostly for the regular afternoon UK kickoff.
Sorry not got back to you yet. Really busy week, I'm not free until late Sunday/Monday. If that's too late for the draft master, I can try for Thu/Fri, but probably won't be able to contribute much.

Moby

Dick
Sorry not got back to you yet. Really busy week, I'm not free until late Sunday/Monday. If that's too late for the draft master, I can try for Thu/Fri, but probably won't be able to contribute much.
Alright, I will try to get across the write up today itself, after then whenever you are free just ask @green_smiley to start the game, preferably the regular after 2 pm GMT time.

Annahnomoss

I'm fine with it! Don't want it to be a boring game.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
No. :)

Tomorrow 12:00

I will only post tomorrow evening. The idea is to have a lot of posts from neutrals so that I can answer tomorrow evening

Thanks
Just bear in mind it is United game tomorrow so will be lack of interest.

Enigma_87

You know who
Thanks for clearing that up. Would be a mess otherwise if he finishes and you guys are away.
No worries. I'm around generally till Friday morning/noon and off for the weekend. Still even with United game, weekday is better than the weekend from experience.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@Annahnomoss think for @Downcast was better time tomorrow in terms of free time, but if he decides to go with it today I'm ok with it as I have finished my write up.
Tonight ?

Not my intention to denigrate your strategy or players: you have great players and your strategy is consistent.

So, I don't need to make a lot of posts

Last edited:

Enigma_87

You know who
Tonight ?

Not my intention to denigrate your strategy or players: you have great players and your strategy is consistent.

So, I don't need to make a lot of posts
Sure mate, whenever is ok for you as well. I'm ok with either tonight or tomorrow noon so if you have some time, we can kick off today. @Annahnomoss

Annahnomoss

Thought I read Downcast saying tomorrow. Tell me when you are finished Downcast and I'll get it up.

Annahnomoss

The quality of the write ups has been great so far. Enjoyed reading every OP with interest.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Thought I read Downcast saying tomorrow. Tell me when you are finished Downcast and I'll get it up.
Let's start now and present like this!

1st post:the pictures of the 2 teams only + disclaimer
2nd post: write up of enigma
3rd post: write up of downcast

thanks