Internationals June (Pre-Euro Friendlies + World Cup Qualifiers)

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It was a 1 on 1 against a 48 year old Pepe, but wow, Llorente looks rapid.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Bruno scored v every top side bar Chelsea in the top 7 last season if i remember correctly. That doesnt include PSG, RBL etc in Europe.
What else can he do? Become Lewandowski?
Didn't against WHU either. So 4/6 sides. However scoring penalties against PSG, Spurs, Leipzig, Aston Villa and Man City does not equate to good performances in those games..

Zoo

Morata is a lost cause. Spain may as well play without a CF.

steffyr2

I'd like to trade the announcers in for some that aren't completely and totally negative. They need to find another sport to watch. (I assume this is the US only feed.)

cyberman

Didn't against WHU either. So 4/6 sides. However scoring penalties against PSG, Spurs, Leipzig, Aston Villa and Man City does not equate to good performances in those games..
But thats all Bruno. His output. He doeent run games, he scores or assists.
Even West Ham away was his best 45 mins of the season. Feck knows how many he assisted in those games. He was sensational away v PSG and RB as well. Came on as a sub v RB at home and destroyed them with through balls.
Its also retconning the criticism. He was literally criticised for not scoring against top sides. Now its what did he do apart from scoring or assisting?
Very strange

BarcaSpurs

Morata's still a complete donkey. Spain have to start Gerard Moreno surely?

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If Spain had a better striker, I'd have fancied them to be among the favourites.

But Jesus Christ Morata. That finishing was worse than Werner

Paul_Scholes18

If Spain had a better striker, I'd have fancied them to be among the favourites.

But Jesus Christ Morata. That finishing was worse than Werner
The midfield is also not at the level when they won things it is not just about striker. They got some talent, but far from the level Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets(prime), Xabi Alonso, David Silva etc.

KC91

Looking like Italy is going to be heading into the Euro's on a 27 match unbeaten run, haven't faced too many high quality teams in that run but still impressive.

PoTMS

Looking like Italy is going to be heading into the Euro's on a 27 match unbeaten run, haven't faced too many high quality teams in that run but still impressive.
Turkey will beat them on opening night.

KC91

Turkey will beat them on opening night.
There seems to be a lot of hype around Turkey as a dark horse. I wouldn''t be surprised to see Italy beat them quite comfortably tbh.

KC91

Any thoughts on Insigne? Him and Immobile have had cracking games today.

They look terrible today.
Insigne was buzzing today, it'll be his first chance to really shine for Italy in a major tournament and he's coming off a great season with Napoli.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Czech look useless. Even Scotland might beat them.
TBF Scotland can also lose 4-0 to Italy, so this match doesn't say anything.

I believe Czech is a bit better than Scotland, but not big difference though.

Okey

Italy looked mighty impressive today. Yes, the Czechs were poor but still the Italian quality shone through. Mancini has them purring with confidence.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
What's your strongest line up in your opinion?
The strongest under this coach? Anything that doesn’t involve a midfield partnership between Oliveira and Danilo. Sanches is a strange one, has stupid decisions with the ball but his anarchical nature usually shakes off the game a little bit.

Probably something like this:

Patricio, Cancelo, Dias, Pepe, Guerreiro,Danilo,Sanches, Fernandes, Bernardo, Jota, Ronaldo.

Not what I like, but what I think works better under this coach. It’s always painful to predict. 7 years of this and if I didn’t knew we are in 2021 I would say we are on the 2016 group stage. Again.

kidbob

The guy is a number 10 though. His insane output in terms of goals make people forget what his main role is. I'd like to see the stats for chances created in the games against those teams that you mentioned. The fact is our attack has been very underwhelming this season but his contribution has still been the same. The fact that you are expecting him to score like a striker is a testament to how talented he is. For me he has undoubtedly been in at least the top 10 players in the World this year which is a truly top class achievement.

kidbob

But thats all Bruno. His output. He doeent run games, he scores or assists.
Even West Ham away was his best 45 mins of the season. Feck knows how many he assisted in those games. He was sensational away v PSG and RB as well. Came on as a sub v RB at home and destroyed them with through balls.
Its also retconning the criticism. He was literally criticised for not scoring against top sides. Now its what did he do apart from scoring or assisting?
Very strange
I actually disagree with this to an extent. He does run games by the very fact that he constantly makes the most direct attacking contributions of any player on the pitch. Not every pass he plays is attempting to be a direct assist but he is constantly the one who makes the most progressive passes. He isn't going to keep the ball like David Silva but who says that that is the only way to run a game? As great as he was Silva was able to do that because the likes of KDB were the ones with a worse pass percentage but much higher output. The problem for us right now is that we actually don't have the controlling support act next to Bruno. Pogba is also more of a moments player for example. You put Bruno in front of Keane and Scholes and he wouldn't have to bother controlling a game. That's what we need to find to be honest because he is worth finding the perfect foils for him. Sancho is actually one part of that because he is more of a playmaker wide player.

However I would say that Bruno absolutely controls games in his own unique way. As you said he came on and started to destroy RBL, so what is that if not controlling the game? Our problem against the big teams is that we don't have the other personnel in midfield yet that gives Bruno the platform to be as effective against them as he is against the other lesser teams.

cyberman

I actually disagree with this to an extent. He does run games by the very fact that he constantly makes the most direct attacking contributions of any player on the pitch. Not every pass he plays is attempting to be a direct assist but he is constantly the one who makes the most progressive passes. He isn't going to keep the ball like David Silva but who says that that is the only way to run a game? As great as he was Silva was able to do that because the likes of KDB were the ones with a worse pass percentage but much higher output. The problem for us right now is that we actually don't have the controlling support act next to Bruno. Pogba is also more of a moments player for example. You put Bruno in front of Keane and Scholes and he wouldn't have to bother controlling a game. That's what we need to find to be honest because he is worth finding the perfect foils for him. Sancho is actually one part of that because he is more of a playmaker wide player.

However I would say that Bruno absolutely controls games in his own unique way. As you said he came on and started to destroy RBL, so what is that if not controlling the game? Our problem against the big teams is that we don't have the other personnel in midfield yet that gives Bruno the platform to be as effective against them as he is against the other lesser teams.
Buy Bruno continually plays the killer pass to a fault. Bruno playing well isnt dictating play, he is always rushing the ball forward. Our best game this season was against City away and Bruno scored and played well. Thats never brought up because he scored a pen and recycled the ball instead of the through pass. Thats not what makes him special.
Apparently he was crap against big sides, fair enough if people think that way. Then this place spent most of the remaining games claiming Bruno was tired and burnt out. Thats just how he plays. He will get you a goal or assist every game, he isnt there to control the flow of matches imo. Thats why Ole played Pogba so high up when he got fit.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bruno scored v every top side bar Chelsea in the top 7 last season if i remember correctly. That doesnt include PSG, RBL etc in Europe.
What else can he do? Become Lewandowski?
Also scored a free kick winner to knock Liverpool out of the cup. The myth just carries on