Internationals June (Pre-Euro Friendlies + World Cup Qualifiers)

Classical Mechanic

Well he's an idiot for not including them then, he could've given them minutes in change for TAA but chose to hand out token caps to Lingard, Watkins, Godfrey, White etc who likely won't be playing anyway.
He really isn’t. The City and Chelsea players played in a final four days ago. The United players played in a final 7 days ago. The City and a United players had no pre-season. They need a rest before going in to a major international tournament of a week at the very least. You can criticise Southgate for lots of things but he’s applying basic common sense here. That’s why loads of fringe players have been involved.

Superunknown

Roy Keane just referred to Grealish as a "quality player".

Can't we just sign him up already? He's a United player, if I ever saw one.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
FT Germany 1 - Denmark 1
Ah well. Another very uninspiring display. We hit the woodwork twice and might have grabbed a winner, but especially in the second half there wasn't a difference in class between the two teams.
Some of Denmark's players look like they could use these friendly matches to get match fit.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Agree, considering how many players were ruled out following Fleck’s positive Covid test yesterday.

Ref was awful. Everytime Depay was touched, it was given as a foul
Yeah, was trash. I can't fecking wait for the England game though. :D

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Media is obsessed with Trent.
The way ITV focused on his injury the last few minutes of the match, I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled the rest of their night's programming and going the full Prince Philip over TAA's injury :rolleyes:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
FT Germany 1 - Denmark 1
Ah well. Another very uninspiring display. We hit the woodwork twice and might have grabbed a winner, but especially in the second half there wasn't a difference in class between the two teams.
What didn't surprise me was that the moment Denmark decided to stay after being a goal down, we collapsed and really struggled to handle them.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Southgate letting all those who aren’t going to the tournament get some minutes apart from Ramsdale :lol: can’t stand the bloke.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I don't understand some of the team selections in these friendlies. Why aren't Belgium drilling their strongest team here?

Raredaredevil

Germany, Netherlands and Belgium have all been so underwhelming in the friendlies.

tjb

He'd said that before, too. Seems to rate him a lot.
Don't see how anyone doesn't rate him. People need to use their eyes. This is how players like Bruno don't get their big break till their 26, some fans only go off of hype. I remember how many people here said they didn't want him.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
A midfield of Danilo/Sanches/Oliveira against Spain is asking for trouble. I sincerely hope that he isn’t thinking on Sanches as a starter for this team. And Fonte/Pepe partnership also not inspiring. It is what it is.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
A midfield of Danilo/Sanches/Oliveira against Spain is asking for trouble. I sincerely hope that he isn’t thinking on Sanches as a starter for this team. And Fonte/Pepe partnership also not inspiring. It is what it is.
What's your strongest line up in your opinion?

Dan_F

Who arranged this fixture for a pre tournament friendly. Strange seeing Ronaldo’s name on the right wing. I don’t really watch Juve, but it feels like he hasn’t played there since he left us.

Samid

Once you notice that sunny stripe on the pitch it's impossible to unsee it.

Samid

Cancelo didn’t play but I forgot that game
Yeah but they would have joined up a full week later to the camp. Makes more sense to use players that have been together for 10 days. Same reason why Bruno only makes the bench.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Portugal kinda have a serious team on their hands don't they??
Well France has a stronger squad.

Portugals first 11 is about our level. Can probably count on one hand how many great games Bruno has had against top teams for United. Ronaldo is declining and there’s not much else about them to be scared of, good but not past Spain/Germany level of good.

marktan

Not watching this game but I'm curious how Ronaldo does.

With the amount of attackers they have, if he looks leggy they'd have to consider playing him as a sub? In today's team one of Bernado Silva and Bruno Fernandes are guaranteed to not start, you'd have Bernado being the one that misses out but he's a leftie and suits the RW.

Would have thought it would be Jota - Ronaldo - Bernado vs Jota - Felix - Bernado, but both Felix and Ronaldo are too good to be on the bench and Ronaldo prefers playing out wide. Tough one for Portugal.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona

Portugals first 11 is about our level. Can probably count on one hand how many great games Bruno has had against top teams for United. Ronaldo is declining and there’s not much else about them to be scared of, good but not past Spain/Germany level of good.
England?

Portugal have a superior 11.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Fernandes won’t be playing for United though.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Not watching this game but I'm curious how Ronaldo does.

With the amount of attackers they have, if he looks leggy they'd have to consider playing him as a sub? In today's team one of Bernado Silva and Bruno Fernandes are guaranteed to not start, you'd have Bernado being the one that misses out but he's a leftie and suits the RW.

Would have thought it would be Jota - Ronaldo - Bernado vs Jota - Felix - Bernado, but both Felix and Ronaldo are too good to be on the bench and Ronaldo prefers playing out wide. Tough one for Portugal.
It will be Bernardo, Bruno, Jota and Ronaldo front 4 at the actual tournament. Felix will be on the bench.

We're missing the 4 players who played european finals today, Bernardo, Dias and Cancelo from City plus Bruno who's on the bench. Renato is playing in Bernardo's place today

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
It will be Bernardo, Bruno, Jota and Ronaldo front 4 at the actual tournament. Felix will be on the bench.

We're missing the 4 players who played european finals today, Bernardo, Dias and Cancelo from City plus Bruno who's on the bench. Renato is playing in Bernardo's place today
Fonte or Pepe?

marktan

Is Renato likely to start or is Santos likely to go with 2 DMs? Would be better having Renato's energy in there like 2016 I would've thought.

cyberman

Bruno scored v every top side bar Chelsea in the top 7 last season if i remember correctly. That doesnt include PSG, RBL etc in Europe.
What else can he do? Become Lewandowski?

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Bruno scored v every top side bar Chelsea in the top 7 last season if i remember correctly. That doesnt include PSG, RBL etc in Europe.
What else can he do? Become Lewandowski?
TBH to be the high scorer in Germany for Bayern is not that hard, if Messi or Ronaldo played there for Bayern they would break all the records