Internationals March (Euro Qualifiers + Friendlies)

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Before this match I'd have said no but with Lewy's recent shit form as a #9 and what he's been showing here where plenty of times he's played as a sort of #10 (definitely when Zieliński came off) I wonder if we could play something like 4132 with Krychowiak playing the #6 role. Thing is that even then Zieliński is best at a #8/#10 role (I call it offensive box to box) and every coach of ours seems to rate him plenty (I don't) so there's that.

I mean, theoretically yes, we could, but I doubt we will. For me current Piątek is simply better than current Milik and he should start with Lewandowski.
Thanks for the answer.

Poland are now 99% qualified for the Euros :)

Sjaakmeoff

I know Holland's results don't back up my opinion but when I look at their team it really just looks poor other than the centre-backs.
Yes, you're absolutely right.
Cillessen - Crap
De Jong - Crap
Wijnaldum - Crap
Memphis - Crap
Bergwijn (who you probably don't know) - crap

onemanarmy

Hazard was incredible today.
Tielemans is growing on me.Good game.
Bats is no Lukaku...
Mertens was awful. Give Januzaj or Trossard a chance against Cyprus.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Watched Holland-Belarus. It was just more than a normal training. The real test is gonna be on sunday.

onemanarmy

With Scotland losing and us beating Russia, we are practically through to the next round in my opinion :lol:

Scotland and Russia were the hardest teams in the group, Kazakhstan, Cyprus and San Marino should be easy enough.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Bats is no Lukaku...
The thing I love about Bats is that he always seems involved. He might score the goal that wins the league, he might miss an open goal or he might hit the post and smash himself in the face with the rebound but he never hides in games or is too scared to try something.

dbs235

Yes, you're absolutely right.
Cillessen - Crap
De Jong - Crap
Wijnaldum - Crap
Memphis - Crap
Bergwijn (who you probably don't know) - crap
Obviously I know they aren't bad but they aren't exactly top level. And you're starting Ryan Babel.

onemanarmy

The thing I love about Bats is that he always seems involved. He might score the goal that wins the league, he might miss an open goal or he might hit the post and smash himself in the face with the rebound but he never hides in games or is too scared to try something.
Yeah, I actually like him too, but all in all Lukaku is a much better striker.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Tbh, Cillessen and Wijnaldum are average at best.
Wijnaldum might not be a glamorous player, but calling him average is kind of stretching it. Same for Cillessen.

Now Babel, that one is bang average in thr classical sense of the word.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Obviously I know they aren't bad but they aren't exactly top level. And you're starting Ryan Babel.
:lol: I mean, were those names meant to be some ace card or anything? Mixture of players who are best described as 'decent' (Cillessen, Wijnaldum) to players who are very talented but unproven in any top league. Hardly fecking worldies.

dbs235

:lol: I mean, were those names meant to be some ace card or anything? Mixture of players who are best described as 'decent' (Cillessen, Wijnaldum) to players who are very talented but unproven in any top league. Hardly fecking worldies.
Exactly. There's just no one that worries me in that team for when England face them in the summer. Except the centre-backs, but I'd rather be worried by centre-backs than attackers.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Pulisic just made Valencia look silly. Went around him like he wasn’t even there. If there was any doubt that Valencia has anything left... Btw, isn’t Valencia supposedly injured?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Pulisic just made Valencia look silly. Went around him like he wasn’t even there. If there was any doubt that Valencia has anything left... Btw, isn’t Valencia supposedly injured?
Yeah he destroyed him :lol:

USA were pretty fortunate to win. Created very little.

Sonny1972

i knew i was nuts when the squirrels started stari
Exactly. There's just no one that worries me in that team for when England face them in the summer. Except the centre-backs, but I'd rather be worried by centre-backs than attackers.

Hahahah yeah like the mighty England is a superteam ..lol , You lost 3 from the 7 games in Russia last summer !!! You wish you had a player like Frenkie de Jong.

Last edited by a moderator:

deef

Very happy with the win here
You should be. Very unlucky from our side but that's what quality strikers get you ... Our finishing was terrible...

Congratulations on the win. I was never too confident to finish above poland in this group but we should definitely get the 2nd place (if we don't feck it up, which wouldn't be totally surprising :lol:)

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
You should be. Very unlucky from our side but that's what quality strikers get you ... Our finishing was terrible...

Congratulations on the win. I was never too confident to finish above poland in this group but we should definitely get the 2nd place (if we don't feck it up, which wouldn't be totally surprising :lol:)
North Macedonia have a good young team....Austria will have a tough fight with them for the 2nd place.

Red Star One

Cheers, it was probably the most difficult fixture in our group for us, so I take three points without complaining too much. But our manager, with all these players, should be able to make them look much better.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
All qualifications for the World Cup and the Euros are now boring for the top teams.
They really are. I had a look at our group yesterday - Russia, Kazakhstan, Cyprus, Scotland and San fecking Marino. With our win against Russia, we're already qualified by default.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Aren't there any Scottish players playing for any top clubs bar McTominay?
They do have a fair few prem players who don't get called for various reason. Snodgrass been a regular for West Ham but didn't get called so might've retired, McArthur for Palace has retired, Phil Bardsley is first choice RB for Burnley again and dosent get called, Tom Cairney at Fulham and Matt Ritchie at Newcastle two more who are ignored currently.

Scotland just been in a malaise for so long. It reminds me of Wales under Toshack, countless call offs every international. They need to look at how Northern Ireland have done things last 5-6 years, limited pool of players but it's very much like a club set up there.

Ainu

Bats is no Lukaku...
Really, really terrible. Didn't do anything right. I don't think I've ever been convinced by him on that right wing. That foul at the end was totally uncalled for as well, bit dirty.

Hanks

I see Queiroz started his Colombia reign with one of his signature 1-0 victories away in Japan.

Somethings never change :drool:

Hanks

Speaking of Group I, That Kazakhstan vs. Russia match on Sunday should be interesting.

Kazakhs will be smelling blood, on a high, and know they actually will have a surprisingly great shot at second should they win that match. Russia will be without Golovin and those ex-soviet derbies are always intense.

Would love to see Kazakhstan in the Euros.

Still feels weird to say Astana Stadium in Nursultan. It'll take a while to get used to it.

In these qualifiers, we've seen a country change their name (Macedonia) and now a capital city name change (Nursultan).