Internationals March (World Cup Qualifiers + Friendlies)

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
The one thing levelled with Rooney was his lack of scoring against top level opposition,
Kane has scored what, 14 penalties? Majority in friendlies,
Won't be long before his record is broken if the international game carries on as it is.

Sauerkraut

Supports
BVB
Southgate is footballs thin Nevill Longbottom.

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Pointless, isn't it. If he was a late bloomer that was just showing himself to be top class in the prem then fine, but he's clearly midtable... reasonable but limited
Exactly, add to that he will never drop Kane or Sterling - I'd argue Saka as well, so it's just tokenism and I'd rather give that to a u21 striker.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Great to see Julian Weigl back in the German NT, exactly 5 years have passed since his last appearance, after which he broke his ankle which dented his career so heavily.
He's starting the friendly against Israel, and of course reached the CL quarters with Benfica last week @FootyGirl88

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Holland are playing some good football, makes me wonder what we’d of been like if we stayed with LVG. He’s always said aswell with time he’d of got us playing like city do. With the right players under LVG we could of played a possession attacking brand of football.

MattofManchester

Holland are playing some good football, makes me wonder what we’d of been like if we stayed with LVG
He didn't exactly endear himself with signings like Schneiderlin, Falcao, Darmian, etc. While isolating Rafael and so on.
A lot of the players he signed are showing clear mentality problems now as well.
We were really good in the derbies, though. Gotta give him credit for that.

Paul_Scholes18

Holland are playing some good football, makes me wonder what we’d of been like if we stayed with LVG. He’s always said aswell with time he’d of got us playing like city do. With the right players under LVG we could of played a possession attacking brand of football.
Van Gaal was shit it was the right to fire him. Maybe would have been better with better players, but the style we had was pretty awful. I think the bigger problem is we have not brought in the right players under any manager. For example the times we played well under LVG was with Carrick in midfield and Herrera, but he did not buy better players with that style.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
India playing Belarus today is weird

Hester_manc

The first time we are over the middle of the pitch, Denmark scores. Denmark is without 4-5 profiles today, and for us it is very much about seeing some of the second best.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Van Gaal was shit it was the right to fire him. Maybe would have been better with better players, but the style we had was pretty awful.
Yes but we’d never played a possession style before, it was always going to take time. He always gets Holland playing well. Seems like our team can’t be coached no matter what players we have.

Paul_Scholes18

Yes but we’d never played a possession style before, it was always going to take time. He always gets Holland playing well. Seems like our team can’t be coached no matter what players we have.
That is true we have a huge problem with that. Although under LVG we played the style he wanted a lot and often failed it was just too slow and cautious a lot of the times.Sometimes we played faster and decent football, but it was rare.

LVG keeping Rooney as the main man was a huge problem when he was past it. Had we replaced him it could have gone better, but still LVG did fail against weaker sides than us too. Going out of that easy CL group was a disaster.

Paul_Scholes18

It is typical LVG to play good football in friendlies. We did too, but then turned ultra defensive in the league.

Hester_manc

It is typical LVG to play good football in friendlies. We did too, but then turned ultra defensive in the league.
He is playing his best side against a danish team without 6-7 players for the normal starting 11 (including the 2 injuries) in the match. Only Højbjerg, Mæhle, Schmeichel and Joachim Andersen would start normaly. So it is pretty easy to play good football today

adubmac

Genuine question coming from a Canadian with British ancestry - is the rivalry between the English clubs teams so strong that it makes it difficult to cheer for certain players even when they're in an England shirt?

For comparison sake, Canadians are passionate about their NHL teams but once the players are sporting the maple leaf, it's all about Canada and bringing home the gold. Reading these boards, that doesn't always seem to be the case with England, and I've been trying to figure out why.

Great to see Julian Weigl back in the German NT, exactly 5 years have passed since his last appearance, after which he broke his ankle which dented his career so heavily.
He's starting the friendly against Israel, and of course reached the CL quarters with Benfica last week @FootyGirl88
Oh wow thanks for the update! I did wonder why he wasn't being picked for the German squad. I thought it was down to form.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I have been saying this but people said i am trolling.