Internationals March (World Cup Qualifiers)

Paul_Scholes18

It was almost too easy for us. Kosovo much worse than Georgia yet people predicted this game to be harder.

SwedishFish

It was almost too easy for us. Kosovo much worse than Georgia yet people predicted this game to be harder.
Sagnol seems to have Georgia playing good counter football.

Kosovo did very little to threaten us, looked frustrated and uninspired. Let's hope they can find some energy for their game against Spain.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I had a feeling that playing internationals would be a bad idea...

This is the 2nd incident in CONCACAF after the Haiti Olympic team had to force themselves to play with 10 men, including an outfield player as a keeper due to delays over submitting COVID-19 test results.

Bwuk

Clarke is clueless. The 352 isn’t suiting Scotland at all. I’d also be looking to get Gilmour into the midfield, as he offers something others don’t, despite his lack of games at Chelsea.

Marshall
O’Donnell - Hanley - Tierney - Robertson
Gilmour - McTominay
Armstrong - McGinn - Fraser
Adams​

RB/RCB both worries and perhaps Tierneys size, but that’s a side more than good enough to beat the likes of Israel ffs.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Clarke is clueless. The 352 isn’t suiting Scotland at all. I’d also be looking to get Gilmour into the midfield, as he offers something others don’t, despite his lack of games at Chelsea.

Marshall
O’Donnell - Hanley - Tierney - Robertson
Gilmour - McTominay
Armstrong - McGinn - Fraser
Adams​

RB/RCB both worries and perhaps Tierneys size, but that’s a side more than good enough to beat the likes of Israel ffs.
Why not drop mc tominay into a back 3
Drop mcginn a bit deeper and push the full backs into wingbacks
Helps out Tierney in the defence with a tall mctominay (iirc he's played cb for Scotland before)
And Robertson can push forward
No chance he can start Hanley and teirny in a 2.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Does anyone know how these unofficial youtube highlights get made? Is it by an AI? Baffling choices, awful edits, zero flow, gives a headache if you watch too much and try to follow it properly.

Deery

Dreary
Lewandowski is out of the England/Poland match on Wednesday due to injury, real pity wanted to see him and Kane on the same pitch together..

Raredaredevil

Lewandowski is out of the England/Poland match on Wednesday due to injury, real pity wanted to see him and Kane on the same pitch together..
And there goes Poland's only chance of getting any result.

Blackwidow

Who cares about that match? He is in danger for the matches against Leipzig and PSG...

Deery

Dreary
Who cares about that match? He is in danger for the matches against Leipzig and PSG...
Might miss the match against Leipzig he’s been sidelined for up until 10 days with knee ligament damage.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeah, that was me.
Aye.

From a minnows perspective that's the worst kind of elitism you can ever consider..

As Estonian team we rely on these draws for Euro or World Cup plays to get to play with the best teams in the world or atleast Europe. We don't want to play with the ones at our level just a chance to get points, but we want to have the best here also.
I get that. To me it's two non-ideal choices. I think there is far too much pointless International football that clogs up the more important football calendar (not being elitist here, just talking about club football). And the pointlessness comes from pairing teams together where you know the result beforehand, and it's not even a tournament, but a qualifier. But I understand it's similar to smaller clubs wanting to draw big clubs in the cups, though the money is a huge factor there, it's also about the excitement of it. For the neutrals though, there is no excitement seeing England destroy San Marino and England fans being down after the match because they did not score enough from the chances created. Meanwhile, most of these players' clubs are desperate to keep them fit in order to comply with the mad schedule.

Another (similarly half-baked) idea is for the two teams from each group in the tournaments (the last 16) to automatically qualify for the next tournament. I quite like that idea. Once in a while you have surprises there and it will make the group stage in tournaments even more fierce. That would obviously mean the top 16 wouldn't have to play qualifiers, they can do their friendlies-spiel and the clubs can decide to pull important players from that season-interrupting charade (quite loaded here, but there you go).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Ricardo Ferreira and Frank Sturing will both be committed to the Canadian national team after this. I'm really looking forward to watching Ricardo Ferreira play as well as Corbeanu.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Ricardo Ferreira and Frank Sturing will both be committed to the Canadian national team after this. I'm really looking forward to watching Ricardo Ferreira play as well as Corbeanu.
Adekugbe from my local club having his talent wasted on the bench because of this random Davies guy.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Adekugbe from my local club having his talent wasted on the bench because of this random Davies guy.
When we faced Bermuda, we had Davies on the left wing and Adekugbe at left back. Adekugbe looked decent, too, until he got injured and had to leave. With the Cayman Islands being weaker, I think Herdman's playing it safe and going with a fully-fit XI.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It's funny to hear the French Canadians sing the middle portion in French alongside their teammates who sing it in English. That's actually pretty cool.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Here we go with the CONCACAF refereeing. Alphonso Davies was blatantly taken down from behind in the opposition box, and the ref awarded a goal kick to the Cayman Islands instead. :houllier:

Bertie Wooster

So Canada are in the pre-qualifying section of CONCACAF qualifiers with a lot of the smaller nations.
The 5 automatically through to the last section are USA and Mexico (obviously), and Costa Rica, Honduras, Jamaica.

Canada seem to be the next ranked team, so just miss out. I know they've got a few decent players in the squad - is there high hopes of them making it to a 2nd world Cup this time?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So Canada are in the pre-qualifying section of CONCACAF qualifiers?
The 5 automatically through to the last section are USA and Mexico (obviously), and Costa Rica, Honduras, Jamaica.

Canada seem to be the next ranked team, so just miss out. I know they've got a few decent players in the squad - is there high hopes of them making it to a 2nd world Cup this time?
There are, yeah, but you never know what would happen in the next stage. We were tipped to go far in the most recent Gold Cup, too, only to lose to Haiti at the end.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Canada thumped Bermuda last week, will be interesting to see if Cayman do any better. Weird stuff here with regards to players and the coach being unable to travel due to covid-19 issues (Bermuda).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Canada thumped Bermuda last week, will be interesting to see if Cayman do any better. Weird stuff here with regards to players and the coach being unable to travel due to covid-19 issues (Bermuda).
Bermuda were the next-highest ranked team in the group after Canada, so the other opponents won't be as hard. There have been discussions in the media about Canada potentially breaking their record scoreline against the Cayman Islands tonight. So far, we're 2-0 up, and we haven't played 20 minutes yet.

Bertie Wooster

Bermuda were the next-highest ranked team in the group after Canada, so the other opponents won't be as hard. There have been discussions in the media about Canada potentially breaking their record scoreline against the Cayman Islands tonight. So far, we're 2-0 up, and we haven't played 20 minutes yet.
I only recently saw that Suriname have finally started picking Dutch players with Surinamese heritage. Unsurprisingly their results have picked up since then, so they might be ones to watch out for as well?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I hadn't realised that Suriname have finally started picking Dutch players with Surinamese heritage. Unsurprisingly their results have picked up since then, so they might be ones to watch out for as well?
Yeah, we'd have to be wary of them, too, but if we destroy the Cayman Islands, then we can afford to take it easy against Suriname in the next international window.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Well, Canada are 75% of the way in breaking their national record. At half time, Canada are leading the Cayman Islands 6-0 with 6 different goalscorers.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Fulham Mitrovic: 3 goals in all comps
Serbia Mitrovic: 5 goals in the past 6 days