Internationals March (World Cup Qualifiers)

Hester_manc

Denmark (without a few of their best players) are 8-0 up against Moldova......match-fixing hello
Denmark were without 10 of their best players, so not just a few. Only Schmeichel played from their normal starting 11.

I hope the comment about match fixing was a joke. Denmark has a lager squad than for a long time. The second best players play in fair clubs such as Samporia, Bologna, Nice Southampton and Fulham. They all want to play well before the squad is selected for this summer's European Championship

saivet

Comfortable win. Not stellar but an okay performance as we were never troubled.

The main takeaway from this game for me is that Pope is really mediocre with the ball at his feet.

Against Poland, I hope we stick with a back 4 and go with a similar side as today, but JWP or Bellingham in for Phillips and possibly change right backs.

Raredaredevil

That has to be the best goal I've seen in this World Cup qualifier. What a cracking goal by Dani Olmo. Heartbreak for Georgia. They've played so well, pressed Spain relentlessly and very good on the counter.

Fredrik.A

That has to be the best goal I've seen in this World Cup qualifier. What a cracking goal by Dani Olmo. Heartbreak for Georgia. They've played so well, pressed Spain relentlessly and very good on the counter.
Really? Every keeper should save that.

diarm

I only saw a little bit at the end of the England game turning over after the Formula 1.

Did ye have Uhtred of Bebbanburg playing in midfield?

Abraxas

I just can't get my head round some of Southgate's thinking. I don't know if he's overcomplicating things or just a bit negative, but some of the midfield play is so stodgy with the collection of midfielders he likes to play. It's crying out for something else in there.

To me Henderson, Phillips, Rice are all much of a muchness, I don't know why he keeps playing two fairly pedestrian players in there particularly against such teams. I guess he wants to practice what we are likely to go with against better teams but at the same time if that's what we're going with I genuinely worry. It definitely needs a Foden a bit deeper or Grealish to liven things up, give them some dribbling ability and quality, these lot just pass it around slowly. Rice, Phillips, Stones and Maguire all in the same area of the pitch is way, way too much in terms of pondering on the ball.

I don't think the idea of locking down the midfield and hoping the forwards produce something is the way, I can't see us creating much when it comes to the crunch games.

Raredaredevil

I don't believe there is not a manager better than Southgate at this moment. This is the most talented group of England players I've seen in a long while with so many good creative attacking players and he is wasting their talent. The FA will never have the guts to dismiss him as he is a safe yes man. The logical choice would be to bring in Eddie Howe since he is without a club now and he is young and we've seen what he did with Bournemouth. So many what if and regrets to come in the future. Sigh.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I don't believe there is not a manager better than Southgate at this moment. This is the most talented group of England players I've seen in a long while with so many good creative attacking players and he is wasting their talent. The FA will never have the guts to dismiss him as he is a safe yes man. The logical choice would be to bring in Eddie Howe since he is without a club now and he is young and we've seen what he did with Bournemouth. So many what if and regrets to come in the future. Sigh.
Yeh good shout in Howe. I think he’s a good manager who would work well with this squad.

Raredaredevil

Germany has a very strong lineup, that is basically half of Bayern Munich's team, really should be beating Romania. Anything less than 3 points will be a poor result. Also I'm pleased to see Gundogan being recalled back to the national team. He deserves it more than anyone else.

SwedishFish

How's that game panning out? Sweden settled and controlling ?
Kosovo are not a bad side and are getting back into the game but Sweden have been pretty controlling this far. Different performance compared to the game against Georgia. Isak had a massive chance to make it 2-0.

SwedishFish

Kosovo are not a bad side and are getting back into the game but Sweden have been pretty controlling this far. Different performance compared to the game against Georgia. Isak had a massive chance to make it 2-0.
And now he did :lol:

2-0 Alexander Isak and yet another assist by Zlatan.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Italy take the lead against Bulgaria.
Ref been a joke, no way in hell that was pen.

Paul_Scholes18

Forsberg been really good and we are clearly the better side. Kosovo really open I think and easy to create chances against.
Zlatan have it easier in the air this game, but still not getting into any scoring chances. Better combinations with other players and I think Forsberg helps.

Isak scored, but missed an open goal as well. Also close to be sent off with a different ref. Best to take him off I think.

I think moving on Zlatan needs better movement into dangerous areas and others need to look for him more. He is the guy we want to get into chances ideally.

SwedishFish

Forsberg been really good and we are clearly the better side. Kosovo really open I think and easy to create chances against.
Zlatan have it easier in the air this game, but still not getting into any scoring chances. Better combinations with other players and I think Forsberg helps.

Isak scored, but missed an open goal as well. Also close to be sent off with a different ref. Best to take him off I think.

I think moving on Zlatan needs better movement into dangerous areas and others need to look for him more. He is the guy we want to get into chances ideally.
Think that his runs aren't getting spotted. Thing is, they are good because every time he makes a run he drags like 2 Kosovo defenders and creates space for Forsberg and Isak.

SwedishFish

3-0 Sweden. Sebastian Larsson from the penalty spot after a Kosovo handball in the box.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
feckin Neuer, hope Germany concede now. Absolutely feck all need in him trying to chest it. Could have waited till it came in box and caught it but he's a clever cnut.

I'd love to see Eze as a number 8.

Strange one, I know...but with his size and physicality, combined with the efortless dribbling and huge technical ability, I think he could be gamechanging there.

Edit - wrong thread ffs...sorry, had both tabs open.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Romania almost equalizing after a dodgy backpass. Neuer closed down the angle well.