g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Internationals March (World Cup Qualifiers)

Paul_Scholes18

Our "brand" of football with this array of players is so sad. I can't believe for a second with this plonker in charge, it's a total waste.
It is a good squad, but England have always had good players. Apart from Kane there are no world super stars in the squad.

Judas

Open to offers
It is a good squad, but England have always had good players. Apart from Kane there are no world super stars in the squad.
What does world super stars have to do with anything at all? We'll be leaving home players for the Euros many top nations would love to have in their squad. This team is filled with brilliant attacking players, and we play like this. It's shite.

cyberman

England needs a ball playing midfielder instead of Rice and play him with a Grealish or Foden. The ball is being far too much between Rice, Stone and Shaw with the actual technical players just watching on.
You can also see what Rashford brings to this side. They look too 1 paced.

Paul_Scholes18

What does world super stars have to do with anything at all? We'll be leaving home players for the Euros many top nations would love to have in their squad. This team is filled with brilliant attacking players, and we play like this. It's shite.
Well just saying Englands results are pretty good though and it is not like they are not scoring goals.

I agree though that you should use more attacking players vs weaker teams.

Raredaredevil

20 minutes for Spain to find a winner. They could be in a bit of trouble if they don't win this game. Their group is quite tricky.

Paul_Scholes18

20 minutes for Spain to find a winner. They could be in a bit of trouble if they don't win this game. Their group is quite tricky.
Yeah could be really tight, but I expect us(Sweden) and Greece to drop more points though.

Still I think one win for us vs Spain and we have a good chance to win the group.

Rooney1987

Sterling will be lucky to start for England when all forwards are fit. Southgate will pick him though.

Raredaredevil

I guess Iceland's peak and their golden generation of 2015 to 2018 is over. They've now went back to being a minnow. Still amazing achievement for such a population of only 300k to make it to the quarterfinal of a European Championship and qualify for the World Cup.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Aye, he’s too pragmatic. I don’t know why he continues with this two holding midfielder thing against opposition who will essentially play a giant low defensive block. See this same shit at United, it’s fecking tedious. Total lack of balls.
It is sad to see. To be honest, very few NT's play consistently good football. It makes the international breaks even worse.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Lingard plays a few decent games and he's back playing for England.

Surely Henderson should also be playing for England then?
Lingard is adored by the England set up. I can only assume hes a great lad to be around because he was a sub standard player for 2 and a half years

saivet

Lingard plays a few decent games and he's back playing for England.
A lot of that is due to injuries, with Grealish and Sancho being out added to the fact that Saka and Rashford withdrew from the squad.

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
Haven't been this interested in seeing Sweden play for a long while (well, since the WC I guess). We have the most promising offensive in ages, and now Zlatan has decided to be available as well. Defense is a bit of a question mark, but having the possibility to field players like Emil Forsberg, Alexander Isak, Dejan Kulusevski, Jesper Karlsson and so forth along Zlatan feels very strange considering just a few years ago useless players like Jimmy Durmaz and John Guidetti featured prominently in the team. Christ.
Imagine typing something like this, only to then watch Sweden play their arguably worst game ever since Andersson took over. Painfully bad. Three points though, and all is forgotten should they do well tonight. Another performance like that against Georgia and we'll lose.