Internationals March (World Cup Qualifiers)

Paul_Scholes18

Such a defensive side by England. They are playing bloody Albania and not a top nation. Two defensive midfielders and only one real winger in Sterling. Granted they have few wingers in the squad, but could play one extra forward then.

saivet

Seems like Southgate has gone for a 4231 as I can't imagine Rice or Phillips will be as advanced as JWP was vs San Marino.

It seems overly defensive and I would have liked to see Bellingham start in CM instead of one of those two as I doubt he will start vs Poland, which makes me think he should have just gone and joined the u21s.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Seems like Southgate has gone for a 4231 as I can't imagine Rice or Phillips will be as advanced as JWP was vs San Marino.

It seems overly defensive and I would have liked to see Bellingham start in CM instead of one of those two as I doubt he will start vs Poland, which makes me think he should have just gone and joined the u21s.
You'd imagine the full backs will be bombing forward quite a bit.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Will be cool if Armando Broja gets a game against England tonight.

He's a 19 year old forward from Slough who has been at Chelsea since he was 8. He picked Albania as his national side because both his parents are from there.

He's currently on loan at Vitesse and havin a good first season, with 9 goals in 23 games. He's in line for another loan next season, probably to a decent Championship side.
He's starting. Big day for him!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
No crowd noises to drown out players singing the national anthem is absolutely hilarious. I thought it was dubbed :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Strakosha must be one of most unlucky keepers around, can't get in ahead of Reina somehow now at Lazio and now behind declined Berisha who dosen't even play in Serie A anymore.

Nice little counter for Albania there, should've scored.

Paul_Scholes18

Not too happy with Shaw playing. How is his fitness given that Ole do not want to play him as much as us fans want?

Superunknown

England are pretty dull. It's all just pass, pass, pass. Nobody seems to run with the ball and take on players anymore.

Paul_Scholes18

England are pretty dull. It's all just pass, pass, pass. Nobody seems to run with the ball and take on players anymore.
Look at that team and it is only Sterling and Shaw you think will do that. They need Sancho and Rashford I think for wing options or even Grealish.

Raredaredevil

Albania are not that bad I think. Englands team is pretty defensive as well so it does not look like they want to improve goaldifference.
I didn't realize they are a pretty decent team after looking up their recent results. Topped their nations league group and only lost to France 0-2.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Rice and Phillips in midfield is really average, there is a serious lack of talent in central midfield for England right now and they will never win anything until that changes. Anytime England come up against a reasonably solid or good team they look shite.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Southgate really has blood on his hands, can see him ruining another good English generation by his defensive approach. Rice and Phillips is just too much. There should have been Bellingham with the players today, and maybe even Lingard. You will have all the possession but so little creativity.

Paul_Scholes18

I didn't realize they are a pretty decent team after looking up their recent results. Topped their nations league group and only lost to France 0-2.
They are a side England should beat, but not a super easy game. Like that 2-0 vs France is what I expect from England pretty much.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
England really weak defending counter attacks today with the back 4 and no Henderson covering ground in midfield.

That's the crux for Southgate for the summer.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They qualified for a major tournament less than 5 years ago albeit quite a few of that squad have now retired.

Superunknown

Look at that team and it is only Sterling and Shaw you think will do that. They need Sancho and Rashford I think for wing options or even Grealish.
I just wonder if this is all part of a cultural shift, where we seem to value players who can play "safely" above all, especially in these midfield positions. It just seems very limited. There's more than one way to play the game, after all.

Paul_Scholes18

I just wonder if this is all part of a cultural shift, where we seem to value players who can play "safely" above all, especially in these midfield positions. It just seems very limited. There's more than one way to play the game, after all.
Other teams still going for pace on the wings I say. Spain have played without it, but even players like Iniesta and Silva could beat a player.

Ludens the Red

Southgate really has blood on his hands, can see him ruining another good English generation by his defensive approach. Rice and Phillips is just too much. There should have been Bellingham with the players today, and maybe even Lingard. You will have all the possession but so little creativity.
Aye, he’s too pragmatic. I don’t know why he continues with this two holding midfielder thing against opposition who will essentially play a giant low defensive block. See this same shit at United, it’s fecking tedious. Total lack of balls.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Aye, he’s too pragmatic. I don’t know why he continues with this two holding midfielder thing against opposition who will essentially play a giant low defensive block. See this same shit at United, it’s fecking tedious. Total lack of balls.
Lack of balls and talent. I don't think he's knows another way to play.