Internationals March (World Cup Qualifiers)

Moonwalker

Don’t worry, it’s nothing against Serbia, if that situation didn’t happened the result was fair for the second half, but the guy who wrote that shit should be sacked. Blind or drunk.
I don't think a result can be fair if there's a perfectly valid goal disallowed. This is one of the rare instances where the otherwise meaningless word "deserved" can be employed pertinently. As far as I'm concerned, Portugal deserved to win.

But hey, all is fair in the name of some mythical perfect game that we all fell in love with that didn't have poisonous VAR that we all must despise unrelentingly.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ahaha, didn’t spoke with you for a while. Only trying to take that decision smoothly, we somehow like to suffer during the qualification matches. Somehow the referee had to be Dutch. I wonder why this happened.
We can't beat you on the pitch, but we can at least sabotage you through an incompetent ref:devil:

R'hllor

Damn, you guys taking this International shit seriously for real real. That Sporting guy flipped off completely, suprised he mentioned only Mitrovic.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I don't think a result can be fair if there's a perfectly valid goal disallowed. This is one of the rare instances where the otherwise meaningless word "deserved" can be employed pertinently. As far as I'm concerned, Portugal deserved to win.

But hey, all is fair in the name of some mythical perfect game that we all fell in love with that didn't have poisonous VAR that we all must despise unrelentingly.
Nah, I actually didn’t liked this situation happened because it will take the spotlight from our terrible 20 minutes on the second half and the inaction from Santos to react to the substitution done by Serbia on the second half, if we don’t beat Luxembourg Tuesday we don’t deserve to win the group. As simple as that.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Damn, you guys taking this International shit seriously for real real. That Sporting guy flipped off completely, suprised he mentioned only Mitrovic.
He isn’t from the time from former Yugoslavia, he might think Mitrovic might be the best player ever born in the Balkans.

Moonwalker

Nah, I actually didn’t liked this situation happened because it will take the spotlight from our terrible 20 minutes on the second half and the inaction from Santos to react to the substitution done by Serbia on the second half, if we don’t beat Luxembourg Tuesday we don’t deserve to win the group. As simple as that.
I'm not gonna get into 'deserved' argument. It would be too long and derailing. If you think there's meaning to that knock yourself out.

R'hllor

He isn’t from the time from former Yugoslavia, he might think Mitrovic might be the best player ever born in the Balkans.
I stopped watching national team, nor give a shit about those cnuts, maybe thats why i found reaction OTT.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
That one was from Montenegro and that fecker had a terrible temperament. His bad luck was that Paulo Bento had a terrible Iberian way to deal with the somewhat worldwide known balcanic mentality. Forgot what was the name from the other guy, goalkeeper, Stojkovic? @Moonwalker

Moonwalker

That one was from Montenegro and that fecker had a terrible temperament. His bad luck was that Paulo Bento had a terrible Iberian way to deal with the somewhat worldwide known balcanic mentality. Forgot what was the name from the other guy, goalkeeper, Stojkovic?
But what a dead ball on him. He is supposed to have played some of his best football at Sporting, the way I understand; which he never managed to recapture since. I guess rumors of his good performances were slightly exaggerated.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Fair result tbh: Serbia had a copuple of good chances on 1st half but their finishing was terrible. We score two goals from poor defensive positioning from the players and in the second half, we were too soft on the midle, where only Danilo was being aggressive. Serbia placed and explosive player on the right who prefers to play with width instead of going to interior areas, and as Cancelo is right footed he was having a terrible time to tackle his opponent and ended up mistiming all the time.

Poor refereing: this was a very correct game, apart from that aggressive challenge who was not worthy of a red card. This was a game where it could had ended with 1 or 2 yellow cards.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Fair result tbh: Serbia had a copuple of good chances on 1st half but their finishing was terrible. We score two goals from poor defensive positioning from the players and in the second half, we were too soft on the midle, where only Danilo was being aggressive. Serbia placed and explosive player on the right who prefers to play with width instead of going to interior areas, and as Cancelo is right footed he was having a terrible time to tackle his opponent and ended up mistiming all the time.

Poor refereing: this was a very correct game, apart from that aggressive challenge who was not worthy of a red card. This was a game where it could had ended with 1 or 2 yellow cards.
Tbh next game vs Luxembourg is crucial, 3 points or disaster.

Paul_Scholes18

Might be a daft question this but can FIFA not provide it?
I guess they can, but I guess they are cheap bastards haha.

I think for Europe it would not be a problem, but Asia, Africa, Oceania might have many small countries without the wealth to maybe provide it.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
But what a dead ball on him. He is supposed to have played some of his best football at Sporting, the way I understand; which he never managed to recapture since. I guess rumors of his good performances were slightly exaggerated.
He was a interesting player, but the last 25 years the best players from Serbia who played in Portugal were Drulovic and Matic, from former Yugoslavia would include Zahovic too. And sorry, completely forgot Oblak ( both guys from Slovenia)

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Tbh next game vs Luxembourg is crucial, 3 points or disaster.
It will be 3 points, even though Luxembourg in the last 8 years became a very well drilled defensive team. The guy who scored the goal vs Ireland is actually a very decent player and almost every Luxembourg starting 11 player actualy play in very decent clubs and competitive leagues.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He was a interesting player, but the last 25 years the best players from Serbia who played in Portugal were Drulovic and Matic, from former Yugoslavia would include Zahovic too. And sorry, completely forgot Oblak ( both guys from Slovenia)
Kralj was great... for Porto's opponents. He made us laugh, despite Porto winning the league anyway.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It will be 3 points, even though Luxembourg in the last 8 years became a very well drilled defensive team. The guy who scored the goal vs Ireland is actually a very decent player and almost every Luxembourg starting 11 player actualy play in very decent clubs and competitive leagues.
Reason why I am not 100% confident, he will need to rotate players ( I would put Ronaldo on the bench, he is freaking out) Fernandes out, Bernardo and Cancelo need a rest imo, didn’t liked Cancelo on the left neither, and you’re righ, a lot of people in Portugal still see Luxembourg as if they are Liechtenstein level, and they clearly are much better.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Kralj was great... for Porto's opponents. He made us laugh, despite Porto winning the league anyway.
Jesus Kralj, forgot that one. And Milinkovic Savic father played at Alverca, if I am not wrong he played with Veríssimo, Caju, don’t know if Deco or Maniche played with him.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Reason why I am not 100% confident, he will need to rotate players ( I would put Ronaldo on the bench, he is freaking out) Fernandes out, Bernardo and Cancelo need a rest imo, didn’t liked Cancelo on the left neither, and you’re righ, a lot of people in Portugal still see Luxembourg as if they are Liechtenstein level, and they clearly are much better.
They have improved massively. Their clubs have reached Europa Leagues group stage a few times in the latest seasons which is a good feature for a league with such low budgets and small talent pool.

Jesus Kralj, forgot that one. And Milinkovic Savic father played at Alverca, if I am not wrong he played with Veríssimo, Caju, don’t know if Deco or Maniche played with him.
Karoglan was Croatian, but was a great striker. Too bad he came to Portugal late in his career, otherwise would had played in one of the big three clubs.

Jonkanovic was a solid defensive midfielder at Marítimo, and there was a left winger at Farense who's name I don't remember but was a great crosser.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Will be cool if Armando Broja gets a game against England tonight.

He's a 19 year old forward from Slough who has been at Chelsea since he was 8. He picked Albania as his national side because both his parents are from there.

He's currently on loan at Vitesse and havin a good first season, with 9 goals in 23 games. He's in line for another loan next season, probably to a decent Championship side.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

If you're not going to have VAR or goal line tech in the World Cup qualifiers, why not bring back these jokers and their magic wand? I know they were utterly useless 99 % of the time but at least they'd pick up whether the ball crosses the line or not.

One thing I never understood was why those assistants were placed on the same side as the linesman. So on one side of the goal you had two assistants whilst on the other side there were none...

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

If you're not going to have VAR or goal line tech in the World Cup qualifiers, why not bring back these jokers and their magic wand? I know they were utterly useless 99 % of the time but at least they'd pick up whether the ball crosses the line or not.

One thing I never understood was why those assistants were placed on the same side as the linesman. So on one side of the goal you had two assistants whilst on the other side there were none...
Those guys had the easiest job in football. Good view and never did anything.

big rons sovereign

Someone on here was bemoaning the pointlessness of the best teams steamrolling through the minnows and wanted something different. I kind of agree.

Would quite like two different groups (in Europe), the top tier ones, and the rest. Maybe the top 3 of the rest qualify, while the 4th and 5th play knockout ties against the bottom two from the top tier group.

Rarely do the top teams fail to qualify, and the qualifying games are often just about how many goals the better teams can put past the weaker ones.

This could also have the benefit of cutting down the number of International matches - at least for the major teams - which would improve the regular football calendar.
Yeah, that was me.

JuriM

Someone on here was bemoaning the pointlessness of the best teams steamrolling through the minnows and wanted something different. I kind of agree.

Would quite like two different groups (in Europe), the top tier ones, and the rest. Maybe the top 3 of the rest qualify, while the 4th and 5th play knockout ties against the bottom two from the top tier group.

Rarely do the top teams fail to qualify, and the qualifying games are often just about how many goals the better teams can put past the weaker ones.

This could also have the benefit of cutting down the number of International matches - at least for the major teams - which would improve the regular football calendar.
From a minnows perspective that's the worst kind of elitism you can ever consider..

As Estonian team we rely on these draws for Euro or World Cup plays to get to play with the best teams in the world or atleast Europe. We don't want to play with the ones at our level just a chance to get points, but we want to have the best here also.

LovelyLittlePanda

Supports
Feyenoord
Tuned in late, but was anyone else suprised at how Pogba and Martial were on different wave lengths? They train together every single day. What do they do during practice? :confused:

Zoo

Ffs Martial knee injury. Stupid artificial pitch

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
How the feck does Martial still get a game for that France side?

Same with Kepa getting into every Spain squad until recently, it's as though the national managers don't actually bother watching half of their players play club football at all. :houllier: