g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Internationals March (World Cup Qualifiers)

Zen

Just looking at the Germany game - Goran Pandev still rolling I see. The names you kinda forget about. Good on him!

Abraxas

Cannot for the life of me work out what Phillips point is in this lineup. Think any of the other options would be better. Seems like Rice does everything that he does with more quality and more athleticism. He's a body out there at the moment.

Paul_Scholes18

Got to say England are playing some lovely football. It is them and Belgium that feels best managed in an attacking sense and play best football.

Although France, Portugal and Germany got the recent winning experience and quality needed for tight knockout games.

UDontMessWith24

The gap in quality on both ends of the pitch between Shaw and Chillwell is staggering. We still can't laugh at a club that got robbed by Leicester for an English defender though.

saivet

Watching Pope play out from the back is horrible, feels like a big error can happen at any moment. I actually want Pickford to come back in.

saivet

I'm not so sure. He's doing himself no favours tonight with his performance. If Shaw finishes the season strongly I think it's his spot comfortably tbh.
I agree. Shaw played well against Albania too. They are not vastly different players so switching to Shaw will not change the dynamics of the left hand side.

bsCallout

Pretty sure this would be Southgate's chosen 11 with Henderson in for Phillips.

saivet

Good first half from England, though should really be looking for a 2nd goal. Most have impressed apart from Phillips and Chilwell.

Classical Mechanic

For all the wide attacking players that are coming through for England right now we only have Lingard on the bench to change those positions! Hope we have got all our injuries out of the way in this international break.