Internationals November (Euro Qualifiers)

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Our Szoboszlai looked good today with the brace and having a shot with the crowd

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Jacob Brown put in one of the worst Scotland performances I've ever seen. Bertie Vogts bad
Amazed Shankland didn't start given he actually scored last game. Or even give Lewis Ferguson a start given he's scored 3 already in Serie A this season.

Steve Clarke has done a brilliant job but he does seem a touch too loyal to some of the long serving squad players.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Anyone in Bosnia's play off quarter basically got a bye to the final/competition. They have basically chucked 2023. :lol:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Portugal vs Iceland is a damn boring game, where’s that Iceland from 2016?
Old or retired. No good CBs, no good full back, no good MC, no good keeper. Decent wingers, strikers and 10s but they're not allowed to play their game.

Best player isn't allowed to play and the previous best player got taken out of football for 2 years.

Previous manager had the 2nd worst record in the history of the NT. Basically all the managers since the WC have been afraid to transition the squad so now you have a bunch of players starting who have never started before and many of the are around 20 years old.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He’s scored the same amount of league goals as Maddison, Odegaard and Foden.
They can afford to score less goals as they have attackers that score goals. Bruno is obviously our most important player. Was just saying it seems like his all round game is better for Portugal.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
They can afford to score less goals as they have attackers that score goals. Bruno is obviously our most important player. Was just saying it seems like his all round game is better for Portugal.
I don’t know what your first sentence means. They could score more goals but don’t bother because their team doesn’t need them to?

I’m not really disagreeing with you anyway. I just think that, this season, Bruno’s goals for his club are being kind of ignored while everyone is so pissed off with the team and making him one of the main scapegoats. Which is wrong because he’s actually been quite prolific for the position he plays. For his club and for his country.

Ramos

So Pot 1 for the main draw is basically done:

It will contain Germany, Portugal, France, Spain, Belgium and England*

(*not definitive yet, but 99,9% chance)

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I don’t know what your first sentence means. They could score more goals but don’t bother because their team doesn’t need them to?

I’m not really disagreeing with you anyway. I just think that, this season, Bruno’s goals for his club are being kind of ignored while everyone is so pissed off with the team and making him one of the main scapegoats. Which is wrong because he’s actually been quite prolific for the position he plays. For his club and for his country.
Ye you’re probably right to be fair… it’s probably because of how poor we’re playing as a team that we forget how good and important he is. I’m one of Bruno’s biggest fans btw and always defend him. I wasn’t criticising him in anyway, I just thought he performed better for country.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Ye you’re probably right to be fair… it’s probably because of how poor we’re playing as a team that we forget how good and important he is. I’m one of Bruno’s biggest fans btw and always defend him. I wasn’t criticising him in anyway, I just thought he performed better for country.
It is a very small sample size. Last season he definitely struggled for goals. And you’re right about him generally performing better for his country than for his club. A player like him needs a solid midfield platform behind him to do his thing. Which is, depressingly, the opposite of what we have.

brunoag4

Joint-seventh highest scorer in international football's history apparently :eek:
scored more than Pele, R9, Romario, Batistuta, Suarez etc. thank to the magical Euro qualifiers, the biggest joke in international football..

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Feels weird and a bit billy big bollocks to say as a Scotland fan I'm disappointed with that end to the campaign considering we lost only one game throughout all of the qualifiers but I am. Those last two games showcased the best and the worst of this Clarke side and still makes me nervy going into a tournament. The best of us has an excellent opportunity to get to the knockouts but the worst of us can do what happened at the last Euros.

Patchbeard

In the past it was more the other way round, he was scoring for fun for Sporting and then us whilst not clicking internationally, playing perhaps in the shadow of Ronaldo. It's since he's been less prolific at club level in the last 2 1/2 seasons that he's been more prolific at international, possibly helped by playing alongside Ronaldo here for a period. Just a shame that Ronaldo didn't have the legs anymore to be as much of an impact for us :(

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
I was expecting a 6-0 lose today as we have been so poor last two years.
Why? Did something change? Is the Dentist still in charge? I've always had the impression that Iceland isn't a money making team and they play just for the love of the game.

Hanks

Both Kazakhstan and Moldova could directly qualify today if they secure away wins vs. Slovenia and Czechia.

I hope at least one of them can pull it off. Will be a big slap in the face for the "Minnows should have a pre-qualifier before competing with the elite" brigade.

Asger

Why? Did something change? Is the Dentist still in charge? I've always had the impression that Iceland isn't a money making team and they play just for the love of the game.
The dentist "Heimir Hallgrímsson" went from being an Iceland coach after the World Cup in Russia 2018. He went to Qatar after that and managed Al Arabi until 2021. Last year he was hired as Jamaica coach and is still there.

Joel Miller

Feels weird and a bit billy big bollocks to say as a Scotland fan I'm disappointed with that end to the campaign considering we lost only one game throughout all of the qualifiers but I am. Those last two games showcased the best and the worst of this Clarke side and still makes me nervy going into a tournament. The best of us has an excellent opportunity to get to the knockouts but the worst of us can do what happened at the last Euros.
I’m confident they’ll finish bottom of their group in Germany. Sometimes it feels like the more fans and media want Clarke to pick a certain player the more stubborn he’ll be about it. I think that was shown with keeping Shankland on the bench and bringing Dykes on, after starting Jacob Brown who was clearly way out of his depth. Zander Clark and Taylor surely must be kept away from the side at all times too, they’re absolute bombscares.