Internationals November (Euro Qualifiers)

Lee565

How is sterling not in the side when you look at how dire rashford is and average grealish is, he is clearly not picking on form

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
How is sterling not in the side when you look at how dire rashford is and average grealish is, he is clearly not picking on form
I think something has happened between the two of them - a falling out or whatever.

Sterling went from being one of Southgates favourites/most picked players to completely out in the cold overnight.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think something has happened between the two of them - a falling out or whatever.

Sterling went from being one of Southgates favourites/most picked players to completely out in the cold overnight.
He declined a call up last season. Something to do with not feeling fully fit. He's been ignored ever since.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
He declined a call up last season. Something to do with not feeling fully fit. He's been ignored ever since.
Yeah, just wonder if something more then that was said around the time though.

Reece James declined a call up this time around I believe so we'll see what happens with him.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, just wonder if something more then that was said around the time though.

Reece James declined a call up this time around I believe so we'll see what happens with him.
It wouldn't surprise me if there was more to it to be honest. We know he fell out with Ben White and has left him out in the cold completely ever since, so it wouldn't be out of character for Southgate.

I'd hope not though, because it would mean Sterling has no hope of making the Euro'24 squad regardless of how well he plays this season.

IRN-BRUno

Whoever gave channel 4 football and didn't demand that they bring James Richardson back to the studio and put Peter Brackley on commentary, is a total idiot.

Fecking Joe Cole and Dion flipping Dublin. The whole thing is just garbage.

The football just made it worse.
Only a few games left for them as ITV have the rights starting from September next year.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I've just seen Maguire's error last night.

I swear everytime he/the media/his siblings go overboard on his PR a disasterclass quickly follows.

KranjskaKlobasa

Šeško is legit player and quite down to earth individual. After yesterday's game he was the only one from our NT who stayed for quite some time on the pitch and went to greet the stands (primarily taking selfies with younger fans).

I'm not sure how do I feel about us getting to EUROs as we are quite likely to get trashed and crash out in group stages, as was evident when we were outplayedto second string Denmark side in Copenhagen.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
I was going to ask that earlier, but was worried I would look stupid.
Because the Greeks were not okay with an actual country called Macedonia so they settled calling it North-Macedonia. South-Macedonia would be Greece really.

Ramos

So either Croatia or Wales to be the last team to qualify, apart from the play-offs.

BabySinclair

If Croatia avoids a defeat against Armenia then Italy will go Pot 4.

That means England/France/Germany/Spain/Portugal/Belgium could get a group with Denmark, Netherlands and Italy.

If your are lucky then you can get a group with Albania, Slovenia and Romania (or another team from the play-offs like Estonia).

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Saliba doesn’t have the same aura for France as he does for Arsenal.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Gotta be a pen for wales that, he just fecking smashed through the back of Johnson

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yeah I know, if they dug him up he'd still be more interesting than Dublin and Cole.
Gary Bloom still around from the wonderful football Italia days although think he's actually a sports psychologist now.

No love on here for Steve Bower then....

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Watching that U21 England-N. Ireland game streaming on youtube and damn, the Irish are valiant but that England team has much better players.

RedRocket9908

Holland 5-0 up against Gibralter and somehow Weghorst hasnt scored any of them despite starting in the middle of their front 3.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
How the feck had he give that and not the one against johnson in the first half. This ref has been dire ffs
Davies didn’t touch him!

mu4c_20le

Don't usually see those given. Probably to make up for the handball earlier.

PoTMS

Germany are absolutely shite - I think the worst they've been in my lifetime. They've gone full circle being absolute bobbins in Euro 2004, then winning the World Cup in 2014, now back to being absolute garbage.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
My biggest takeaway from this International break is that the standard of reffing across Europe is absolutely in the gutter.