Internationals November (Nations League / Euro 2021 play-offs / Friendlies)

This Croatian pitch is absolutely horrific. Any bit of good play gets held up immediately.

Also the American commentators just said Bruno has been anonymous while praising Jota. Mind-boggling :houllier:

GameOn

Low is doing a wenger with Germany. Staying for too long to become a villain.
Thing is that Löw has always been a subpar manager, who was just there at the right time (golden generation with Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Müller etc.) and also had Flick as assistant to do the tactical work.

Once Flick left after the WC win in 2014 things have gone south in a rush.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
This Croatian pitch is absolutely horrific. Any bit of good play gets held up immediately.

Also the American commentators just said Bruno has been anonymous while praising Jota. Mind-boggling :houllier:
I've been watching the whole game just for Bruno and I would say he's been Portugal's standout player so far. Jota has been good, too - but the number of line-breaking passes Bruno has put in that Portugal have failed to capitalize on is disappointing. I would honestly put it down to the pitch - Ronaldo and Felix both seem uneasy turning here, and the weight of the final pass has been off due to the pitch being unpredictable.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
I feel nothing but the faintest hope that a 0:6 or worse might get people in the DFB thinking. It's sad to think how many months and years of national football have been wasted for so many players.

A-man

Sweden should have had a penalty in the last minutes imo. Varane dribbled and pushed down Kulusevski.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I feel nothing but the faintest hope that a 0:6 or worse might get people in the DFB thinking. It's sad to think how many months and years of national football have been wasted for so many players.
Wonder what Löw will have to say after this match.

10 shots for Spain, 0 for Germany.

MagooDad

I'm watching France-Sweden. Pogba has been too slow on the ball and Lindelöf has been ok.

The ref is terrible.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Wonder what Löw will have to say after this match.

10 shots for Spain, 0 for Germany.
Nothing new. What is he supposed to say? "The team will work really hard and we believe in the way we've chosen."

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Does he have a slab head?
No, but he's good in the air, decisive, comes out often, marks well, good with interceptions, comfortable with the ball, talks a lot to his defence, very strong in duels, solid tackler, no pace, slow to turn and prone to errors and poor positioning.

How have I not seen this before? :lol:

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
How did the Ramos injury look?

Not that I ever like a player to be injured, but any chance he misses the Inter game in a week's time?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Frustrating campaign but no hiding from the fact that 3 goals in 5 games just isn't good enough for the players we have.

Interesting to hear Southgate complain about not being able to pick his best squad,well maybe he shouldn't have made an example of Mason & Foden.
Only 1 from open play too. Really poor & an example of why Southgate’s extremely pragmatic style is not going to do us any favours.

luke511

Bruno off at half time, anyone know if it was a tactical switch or injury related?

Bruno off at halftime. Hopefully just to rest him, in which case thank you Santos. The injuries piling up across football during this break are absurd

United58

Bit off topic but looking at Ramos' stats, he has 100 goals for Madrid! Seriously impressive. 178 caps too, and that's through a period where Spain were the best on the planet by a distance for a few years running

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Just saw that Sule was taken off and Jonathan Tah was brought on.

So Low brings on a player who isn't even first team for a side that doesn't play in the UCL and chooses not to select a recent UCL winner and starter for the 2nd best team in the league :)

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
Who is doing Germany's team talks recently, Buzz Killington?

footballistic orgasm

Supports
No team in particular
Looks like the Spanish team has decided that Low needs to be fired tonight...
This is really embarrassing.

Footy van de Geek

The German back four says it all.

Koch has been poor since joining Leeds. Ginter is the German equivalent of Michael Keane. Max is good at going forward, but is playing for PSV Eindhoven at the end of the day.

A huge drop off from prime Boateng, Hummels and Lahm.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Would the worst be a good thing in the end or is his job so safe?
We can only hope that the worst will make a difference.

If we were going to lose, much rather get absolutely embrassed there being a glimmer of hope of him getting fired, than it be a small margin lose whereby there is zero chance of him being fired.