Internationals November (World Cup Qualifiers)

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
feck off Santos, if he manages another game I'll root against us. What a disgrace. This will be the best thing that's happened to us in the past couple of years if he gets fired and we make the World Cup anyway. If we had qualified he'd have been coach for the World Cup and we would have been shit there so at least now there's some hope. Maybe it's better that he gets fired even if we don't make it

By the way, we scored a 93rd minute winner in Serbia that got wrongly ruled out because FIFA was too incompetent to have VAR at the start of qualifying :lol:

Idxomer

Portugal would be better playing the likes of Leao and Felix in attack, they have no pace at all up front.

PoTMS

Watching Portugal tonight was like watching Man United. Absolute shite. The game against Young Boys comes to mind.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
As I commented couple of days ago with Serbian user whose name I've forgotten ( izvini brate :D), Piksi is really great coach. So much better than Santos and similar old-style coaches.

Lukinho

Lets go!!! One of the best feelings when your team scores an important goal in the last minutes of the game. Really deserved the win as well.

RedDevilRoshi

As it currently stands:

Seeded

Serbia - 17 (GD+8) Away to Portugal in final match
Switzerland - 15 (GD+9) Home to Bulgaria in final match
Sweden - 15 (GD+7) Away to Spain in final match
Croatia - 14 (GD+12) Home to Russia in final match
Poland - 14 (GD+9) Home to Hungary in final match
Wales - 14 (GD+5) Home to Belgium in final match

Unseeded

Scotland - 14 (GD+5) Home to Denmark in final match
Turkey - 12 (GD+1) Away to Montenegro in final match
Finland - 11 (GD+2) Home to France in final match
North Macedonia - 9 (GD+1) Home to Iceland in final match
Austria - NL
Czech Republic - NL

Updated after today's matches;

Seeded

Portugal - 17 (GD+11) Group finished
Russia - 16 (GD+9) Group finished
Switzerland - 15 (GD+9) Home to Bulgaria in final match
Sweden - 15 (GD+6) Group finished
Poland - 14 (GD+9) Home to Hungary in final match
Wales - 14 (GD+5) Home to Belgium in final match

Unseeded

Scotland - 14 (GD+5) Home to Denmark in final match
North Macedonia - 12 (GD+3) Group finished
Turkey - 12 (GD+1) Away to Montenegro in final match
Finland - 11 (GD+2) Home to France in final match
Austria - NL
Czech Republic - NL

BorisManUtd

As I commented couple of days ago with Serbian user whose name I've forgotten ( izvini brate :D), Piksi is really great coach. So much better than Santos and similar old-style coaches.
Hello brate ponovo :D yeah, he's been great for us but I'm not getting carried away as we always, always manage to feck everything up. Win was always possible with the way we play under Piksi and the way Portugal play under Santos, won't be surprised if Portugal get rid of him even if they go through in playoffs, it's a team that really should be doing much better. Santos seems to be their Ole. It must be devastating for Ronaldo and Bruno.

avgp_1

How do Serbia always mess up the expanded Euro Qualifications but make it through to the World Cups?!

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Hello brate ponovo :D yeah, he's been great for us but I'm not getting carried away as we always, always manage to feck everything up. Win was always possible with the way we play under Piksi and the way Portugal play under Santos, won't be surprised if Portugal get rid of him even if they go through in playoffs, it's a team that really should be doing much better. Santos seems to be their Ole. It must be devastating for Ronaldo and Bruno.
Well, I for one am surprised, knowing just how badly run your FA is, that they have chosen someone as Stojković. I mean, you've been managed by has-beens like Muslin (yes, I know he managed to qualify for last World Cup, but he is Santos-like in terms of football), Krstajić, Ćurčić, Pižon and others... :houllier:

Considering how good your team usually is, you should be playing every EURO now that is up to 24 teams, and most of the World Cups too. Yet it's not going that smoothly because of how disorganized your FA is. Pretty much Bosnian story too, add the lack of quality in our case and you have team performing at lower standard than many European teams with weaker sides.

Sad thing is, should we fire Petev, I'm hundred percent sure both Muslin and Krstajić will quickly get into contention to become the next boss.

Anyway, seeing team who tries hard for win against evenly matched or stronger opponent getting their reward at the end of the game is always very nice.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Deserved Serbia victory, Santos crap was too much for too long. The worst thing is that he will keep being the manager after this.

The only awkward thing is that goal Ronaldo scored in Serbia that was legit... if we miss the WC because of that UEFA will have to buy us the next WC :lol:
What is it that keeps Santos in the job if he's so unpopular and has such apparent flaws?

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
What is it that keeps Santos in the job if he's so unpopular and has such apparent flaws?
What is it that keeps Ole in the job if he's so unpopular and has such apparent flaws?

I mean, decision makers aren't always too crisp.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Well, I for one am surprised, knowing just how badly run your FA is, that they have chosen someone as Stojković. I mean, you've been managed by has-beens like Muslin (yes, I know he managed to qualify for last World Cup, but he is Santos-like in terms of football), Krstajić, Ćurčić, Pižon and others... :houllier:

Considering how good your team usually is, you should be playing every EURO now that is up to 24 teams, and most of the World Cups too. Yet it's not going that smoothly because of how disorganized your FA is. Pretty much Bosnian story too, add the lack of quality in our case and you have team performing at lower standard than many European teams with weaker sides.

Sad thing is, should we fire Petev, I'm hundred percent sure both Muslin and Krstajić will quickly get into contention to become the next boss.

Anyway, seeing team who tries hard for win against evenly matched or stronger opponent getting their reward at the end of the game is always very nice.
Thing is, if you discount Radomir Antić, Mihajlović, and Stojković, Muslin is probably the best NT coach we've had since SFRY fell apart....which really says a lot considering he's average at best. The football was absolutely terrible but he did manage to qualify which is hardly a given here.

BorisManUtd

I wouldn't be surprised if Piksi gets sacked by FA now, for actually doing a fine job :lol: watched some of Bosnia-Finland last night and it's odd, losing 3-1 against 10 men after doing well in France and Ukraine :houllier: just hope you get a quality coach in next. Tbf our football under Muslin was not great style-wise but at least he got the team to WC after 8 years. Not saying you should hire him, but whoever is to take over, getting to EURO 2024 would be a success for start.

Banat

Stojkovic is also a puppet, heavily connected with our corrupted FA and political regime.
This result is a fluke, a stroke of good luck. It happens once in a while. We had a piss easy group with awful Portugal.
We wont do shit at the WC, as per usual.

Brwned

What is it that keeps Ole in the job if he's so unpopular and has such apparent flaws?

I mean, decision makers aren't always too crisp.
I wasn't asking that disingenuously, it was very genuine.

To answer your question genuinely, I think the reason Ole was brought in was because he was a yes man and presented United in the right light, from the Glazer's perspective. And I think that mostly still applies, hence he keeps the job.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
The way the Federation works, it's basically a bunch of yes-men trying to service themselves and licking any boots they can.
Santos won Euro 2016 and from that moment everyone gathered around him, lapdogging him.
Now they can't "betray" Santos or that will expose them too, so they will keep it rolling until the end.

IMO the only person that is able to shake the structure and make them tremble is Ronaldo, he is the captain and he is bigger than them, they cannot go against him as that's career suicide (even more knowing Ronaldo is correct to call him out) so lapdogging Ronaldo's decision will be their best way of "success".

In the post-game interviews Santos indirfectly started to blame the players and the players in their interviews have started to send some subtle jabs at him :lol:

Brwned

The way the Federation works, it's basically a bunch of yes-men trying to service themselves and licking any boots they can.
Santos won Euro 2016 and from that moment everyone gathered around him, lapdogging him.
Now they can't "betray" Santos or that will expose them too, so they will keep it rolling until the end.

IMO the only person that is able to shake the structure and make them tremble is Ronaldo, he is the captain and he is bigger than them, they cannot go against him as that's career suicide (even more knowing Ronaldo is correct to call him out) so lapdogging Ronaldo's decision will be their best way of "success".

In the post-game interviews Santos indirfectly started to blame the players and the players in their interviews have started to send some subtle jabs at him :lol:
Makes sense! Santos doesn't seem very likeable and it seems hard to believe he could win an argument by pointing the finger at the players, providing Ronaldo is the face of the players and stands up for them, so I'm keen to see that one blow up in his face! :D

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
I wasn't asking that disingenuously, it was very genuine.

To answer your question genuinely, I think the reason Ole was brought in was because he was a yes man and presented United in the right light, from the Glazer's perspective. And I think that mostly still applies, hence he keeps the job.
Sorry if I sounded rude, but my guess was that you would correctly say why Ole's still in, and my guess was that same applies to Santos :D

Stojkovic is also a puppet, heavily connected with our corrupted FA and political regime.
This result is a fluke, a stroke of good luck. It happens once in a while. We had a piss easy group with awful Portugal.
Ok, I can't say I know a lot about his connections, but I wouldn't put results down to luck, this was well deserved and your team looks at its best ever since Antić days as far as I can tell. That said, wouldn't be at all suprised that the only reason he got the job, despite the fact that he is obviously capable coach, is his connections.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Man, this is a quite a long while... I have been following football since 97 and I have never seen us beat a top team away from home until tonight. (Not even at home. We beat Germany on neutral ground in 2010 and that's it). We always manage to feck it up somehow, no matter the state of the opponent or how well we play.

We couldnt even beat a ten-man Domenech-lead France in Belgrade in 2009.

So credit where credit is due, this is the type of result I would expect Croatia to pull off. Our team, with our mentality in football, never.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Man, this is a quite a long while... I have been following football since 97 and I have never seen us beat a top team away from home until tonight. (Not even at home. We beat Germany on neutral ground in 2010 and that's it). We always manage to feck it up somehow, no matter the state of the opponent or how well we play.

We couldnt even beat a ten-man Domenech-lead France in Belgrade in 2009.

So credit where credit is due, this is the type of result I would expect Croatia to pull off. Our team, with our mentality in football, never.
Croatia getting better results it's due having better players than Serbia, ... even though Serbia still has good players to pull better results than what they have been putting for a while, i think you should be getting the results that Switzerland gets.

How good is Vlahović? He seemed very good today, and he is only 21 yo, i though he was older, he played like an experienced man ...i haven't followed Fiorentina in a while.

Last edited:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
No doubt.
Few things really, were in easier side of the draw (as good as they were Poland in Quarters and Wales in SF is obviously a good path to make a final) and they were just a total brick wall defensively which worked out superbly for them shutting down France in the final.

So Santos did well then but next two tournaments exposed his limitations and wouldn't shock me if Portugal made a change in next 4 months as I wouldn't beat on them to win two play offs despite their past good record.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yes Serbia are a strange old team....think that's 3 of last 4 world cups you've made now with only 12/13 places available while you've not qualified for the euros for ages even since it became 23/24 qualifiers. :lol: A year ago same team was being outplayed at home by Scotland.

Lots of talent though....Tadic, Milinkovic-Savic, Vahlovic, Jovic and rehabilitated Mitrovic in final third will mean you're a team to avoid in group stages next year.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Croatia getting better results it's due having better players than Serbia, ... even though Serbia still has good players to pull better results than what they have been putting for a while, it think you should be getting the results that Switzerland gets.

How good is Vlahović? He seemed very good today, and he is only 21 yo, i though he was older, he played like an experienced man ...i haven't followed Fiorentina in a while.
I am not talking about results in absolute terms, I am talking about how they approach things. Basically , most of the time, you can expect Croatia to perform better than the sum of their parts, while for us it is the opposite. Has to do with our coaching, as well as with how players (used to) view the national team, and leave their best football for their club sides. This was never the case with Croatia.

As for Vlahovic, he is being linked with several high profile clubs and just broke Fiorentina's club record for goals in a calendar year. Knowing who used to play for them in the past, that tells a lot already :)

He looks easily like the best striker prospect we had in 20+ years. Having said that, so did Jovic. Our players do have the unfortunate habit of peaking very early. A fair few of them, at least

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Few things really, were in easier side of the draw (as good as they were Poland in Quarters and Wales in SF is obviously a good path to make a final) and they were just a total brick wall defensively which worked out superbly for them shutting down France in the final.

So Santos did well then but next two tournaments exposed his limitations and wouldn't shock me if Portugal made a change in next 4 months as I wouldn't beat on them to win two play offs despite their past good record.
There's no way our FA will drop Santos before the play-off, they absolutely love him. If he loses, he'll resign, if not, we'll stick with him until he decides to leave.

Our FA is still filled with old people that look at Portugal with an older mentality. When I was kid qualifying to a WC or Euro was an amazing feat, many still look at the national team that way. The lack of ambition is our main problem. Winning the Euro just seems to have validated everything in their eyes.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
The only things Santos had going for him was he knew how to set us up defensively and he was as lucky as I've seen a coach be. Now we're shit in defense and he's lost all the luck he had

They have to fire him, I've never seen the country so desperate for a coach to leave and we've seen much worse than Santos

bakalhau

Ronaldo better manager than Santos, telling the team to go up as sitting back is too dangerous, meanwhile Santos plan is 3 CBs and not letting Cancelo and Mendes (two offensive full backs) attack :lol:
Basically, this.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Possible we don’t see Ronaldo, Haaland, and van Dijk at this World Cup. If the latter doesn’t make it to this World Cup now at 31, it’s very likely he will end his career without ever playing in one. Has he even played in a Euros?

Gunnerineverylife

Supports
Arsenal
Possible we don’t see Ronaldo, Haaland, and van Dijk at this World Cup. If the latter doesn’t make it to this World Cup now at 31, it’s very likely he will end his career without ever playing in one. Has he even played in a Euros?
Nope.

Ramos

Yes Serbia are a strange old team....think that's 3 of last 4 world cups you've made now with only 12/13 places available while you've not qualified for the euros for ages even since it became 23/24 qualifiers. :lol: A year ago same team was being outplayed at home by Scotland.

Lots of talent though....Tadic, Milinkovic-Savic, Vahlovic, Jovic and rehabilitated Mitrovic in final third will mean you're a team to avoid in group stages next year.
Yeah, noticed that too. It's 4 in 5 even, though they probably rather forget 2006.

But no Euro's since 2000. They're like a reverse Czech Republic.

Chicharo

Very good. IMO we should definitely try to lure him here somehow. He is bound to leave Viola, and I don't think he would mind being second option behind Ronaldo next season

Last edited:

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Very good. IMO we should definitely try to lure him here somehow. He is bound to leave Viola, and I don't think he would mind being second option behind Ronaldo next season
Yeah, an interesting prospect. However, a lot of teams will want him. I can personally see him going to Bayern.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I dont understand whats happening :lol:

I think LVG referred to VDB in the same presser. Said something about not being able to select task awareness players because they're not match fit when discussing the collapse of their midfield in the previous game.

The old man fell off his bicycle. Cycling is dangerous. Silly Dutch.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon

Ramsdale making his first start. Maguire also playing so San Marino might be on for a rare goal tonight.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
From August 2019:

Aaron Ramsdale will be England's first choice #1 some day.
He's nearly there. A few more months and he should be starting ahead of Pickford regularly.