Internationals November (World Cup Qualifiers)

Deery

Dreary
This is all but pointless, just a Harry Kane stat padding job..

JuriM

San Marino, Andorra, Gibraltar, etc won't learn anything from getting destroyed by better teams.

CONCACAF has pre-qualifier games for its rubbish teams.
It's nothing about learning from those games - it's about building the local football culture, getting to play the best of the best, and giving your football audience a chance to see the stars at their own home.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Watching this San Marino team is somehow more painful than watching us. Even by their standards they’ve found a new low.

RUCK4444

Rooney got his fair share against the likes of San Marino, Scotland and Andorra as well. It's the nature of the beast.
Yeah but I’ve been saying for ages, England seem to constantly have these easy games, never remember that many for Rooneys era.

He’s racked up massive numbers against shite has Harry I reckon. Be interesting to compare their records at some point, at this rate Kane will overtake him by the time we get to 90 mins tonight.

RedDevilRoshi

What does it mean with the playoffs?
This is how it stood after last nights games:

Updated after today's matches;

Seeded

Portugal - 17 (GD+11) Group finished
Russia - 16 (GD+9) Group finished
Switzerland - 15 (GD+9) Home to Bulgaria in final match
Sweden - 15 (GD+6) Group finished
Poland - 14 (GD+9) Home to Hungary in final match
Wales - 14 (GD+5) Home to Belgium in final match

Unseeded

Scotland - 14 (GD+5) Home to Denmark in final match
North Macedonia - 12 (GD+3) Group finished
Turkey - 12 (GD+1) Away to Montenegro in final match
Finland - 11 (GD+2) Home to France in final match
Austria - NL
Czech Republic - NL
We will overtake Poland as a seeded nation and give us a home semi against an unseeded nation.

Zen

13 goals in hat tricks against absolute minnows for Kane this season :lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Southgate gets a lot of stick around here, but I can't remember an England manager that got the team to perform so consistently well.

I wonder how he'd do in the prem with a talented squad and fat transfer kittey behind him.

RedDevilRoshi

Phenomenal 1st half performance by Scotland. Just need to keep it going for the 2nd half. Denmark look rattled and worst I’ve seen them play in a long time.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Southgate gets a lot of stick around here, but I can't remember an England manager that got the team to perform so consistently well.

I wonder how he'd do in the prem with a talented squad and fat transfer kittey behind him.
Not sure. I just think he is a really good international manager. Doesn't mean it will transfer back to club football.

Abraxas

Problem is they don't play consistently well against good sides and in the PL he would be facing good or at least competitive sides every week. Far too many qualifying games are foregone conclusions.

Nickholas

Supports
Chelsea
Not sure. I just think he is a really good international manager. Doesn't mean it will transfer back to club football.
Saka should be taken off for trying to shoot from there.. 3 players in the box unmarked

Mike Smalling

Phenomenal 1st half performance by Scotland. Just need to keep it going for the 2nd half. Denmark look rattled and worst I’ve seen them play in a long time.
We are much different side without Højbjerg and Delaney. They have really been both the workhorses and playmakers of this great run for Denmark. Not to take anything away from Scotland - they have played really well. Could easily have been two up, had it not been for an excellent Schmeichel save.

RedDevilRoshi

We are much different side without Højbjerg and Delaney. They have really been both the workhorses and playmakers of this great run for Denmark. Not to take anything away from Scotland - they have played really well. Could easily have been two up, had it not been for an excellent Schmeichel save.
Are Højbjerg and Delaney injured or suspended?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Interesting debate with San Marino.

I mean said on comms population is similar size to Rochdale so have to be realistic.

Perhaps fair solution is to if they're in nations league group with Andorra, Malta, Faroes or something bottom 2 teams don't make the main qualifiers perhaps?

Andorra beaten them comfortably twice and they don't get thrashed as often so they deserve to be in imo.

Superunknown

I feel sorry for San Marino. They came into this game knowing they were going to get smashed and it was just a question of what the score line was going to be. They're not going to get better at the game playing against the likes of England because the difference in quality is too great. I understand that they deserve to have that opportunity to play against the 'big' teams, such as England, but this game doesn't really serve anyone. It's an easy way to pad the stats, but that's it.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What’s the record for most individual goals in a single match?
Didn't that Aussie player score about 13 or something ridiculous when they beat someone 31-0 years back.

Kane probably break the Rooney record at world cup anyway.

Hester_manc

Thinking we (Denmark) can win with a half b-team is just stupid. The match does not mean anything, but a international team should (almost) always let their best players play. Cornerlius, Jønsson, Bruun Larsen, Kristensen and Vestergaard would not play normally.

Abraxas

Interesting debate with San Marino.

I mean said on comms population is similar size to Rochdale so have to be realistic.

Perhaps fair solution is to if they're in nations league group with Andorra, Malta, Faroes or something bottom 2 teams don't make the main qualifiers perhaps?

Andorra beaten them comfortably twice and they don't get thrashed as often so they deserve to be in imo.
I don't see the problem, they're a nation - why shouldn't they have a go. It's not compelling viewing but that's not the point, it's about fairness.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I feel sorry for San Marino. They came into this game knowing they were going to get smashed and it was just a question of what the score line was going to be. They're not going to get better at the game playing against the likes of England because the difference in quality is too great. I understand that they deserve to have that opportunity to play against the 'big' teams, such as England, but this game doesn't really serve anyone. It's an easy way to pad the stats, but that's it.
They did have Andorra in this group though and lost both comfortably so really little that can be done.

I read a while back they don't really bother or have financial resources to track players with parentage as you'd think they'd be some o.k players in Serie B-D who have some sort of links to them and won't ever get called up by Italy.