Internationals November (World Cup Qualifiers)

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
@antohan What is Tabarez doing? 5 defenders, 3 DMs and 2 attacking players against Bolivia in a must-win game. I know he’s a legend, but this is a bit too much.
Tim Vickery said he's going to get sacked after this round, 2 down and Bolivia only one point off them. Really not got much upfront with Cavani not around and Suarez on the bench.

As an aside, how come you're not playing anymore at Centenario. Thought it might be getting rebuilt ahead of potential 2030 world cup but seems it's hosting Libertadores final in next few weeks.

Would love to watch a game there. Basic facilities but history oozing from every corner and seat.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I had him third but wanted to include Eboue!
That's a terrible excuse, no one limited your list to three players. But on topic, it was a great generation for Ivory Coast, they didn't win enough.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Turkey leading.

Am I right, Norway goal puts Holland 3rd?! :eek:

Doubt it will happen with no Haaland (surely they should put on Josh King who's scored a few for Watford in recent times) but that would be some epic meltdown from the Dutch considering they were 2 up and in v Montenegro.

RedDevilRoshi

Annoying commentary again watching a Wales game.

Why do they insist on saying Moore's full name every single time he touches the ball?

Is there more than one Moore in their team?

I don't get it.

JPRouve

Scout
I feel bad for Finland, Deschamps decided to put the starters on and they are now likely not going to the WC.

the_cliff

The introduction of Benzema flipped the game on it's head. Mbappe suddenly came alive, got to feel for Finland.

Wayne's World

Norway have played like a team who knew they were qualified already. Strangest performance I've seen from a country desperately needing to win

the_cliff

And Coman, he keeps beating his man.
Yes, the talent you guys have is ridiculous.

Have to wonder why Norway didn't go for it, really poor considering they had a big chance today. Played like they wanted to keep the score down instead of trying to qualify.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I feel bad for Finland, Deschamps decided to put the starters on and they are now likely not going to the WC.
Wouldn't feel bad, if anything I'd feel weird about a team going through because they got a lucky run of fixtures where they were able to play the last game against a B team when everyone else played against the A team.

JPRouve

Scout
Wouldn't feel bad, if anything I'd feel weird about a team going through because they got a lucky run of fixtures where they were able to play the last game against a B team when everyone else played against the A team.
It's more the scenario, Deschamps started the game with a diminished team and when things started to look a bit dire he sent the big boys and it was essentially game over.

Last edited:

OleBoiii

Norway not qualifying for a tournament is the most predictable thing ever.

Ramos

Play-offs:

Seeded:
Portugal
Scotland
Italy
Russia
Sweden
Wales

Non-Seeded:
Turkey
Poland
N-Macedonia
Ukraine
Czech Republic
Austria

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Play-offs:

Seeded:
Portugal
Scotland
Italy
Russia
Sweden
Wales

Non-Seeded:
Turkey
Poland
N-Macedonia
Ukraine
Czech Republic
Austria
Would be fun if Portugal and Italy end up in the same group.

the_cliff

Africa Play Offs:

Seeded:
Senegal
Algeria
Morocco
Tunisia
Nigeria

Unseeded:
Cameroon
Egypt
DR Congo