Internationals October (Nations League + Euro 2021 play-offs + Friendlies)

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Deschamps will never abandon Griezmann but Mbappe - Martial - Dembele (Ousmane will get his ish together) would be scariest trio in the world (in form.)
This will never happen because as you said, Griezmann does not get dropped but more importantly Martial really isn't helping his chances with those displays. He still hasn't clicked and look a bit lost and isolated. Lacazette might be blacklisted but Ben Yedder show a lot more when called upon. Dembele is the same old story, can he have a run with Barca and be fit when the Euros come around ?

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
What's lazy is applying a "lazy" stereotype to Grealish because he's a "flair" player, when you'll find, backed up by a whole host of statistics, that Grealish has a great work-rate, both defensive and offensive alike.
I can understand fans who aren't paying close attention falling into this stereotype trap, but surely not a manager paid to know better. He watches a lot of Villa games at VP. God knows what he was doing there if he thinks he's a lazy flair player.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
England were shit so no excuses. The ref was really appalling tonight though.

Again, no excuses for Southgate & his shocking decisions, just critiquing a truly hideous refereeing performance.

Deery

Dreary
Did Sancho even touch the ball the whole time he was on the pitch?

Pains me to say it cause I hate the cnut but Rice is quite good..

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Dunno, i think we're both not very good honestly
Is Moise Keane ever good for Italy? He seems rubbish. Also, I cannot get over an Italian not having a name that sounds like Peter Griffin speaking Italian.

Cloud7

I agree the manager could be upgraded, but I don’t think we have the defence or midfield to win a tournament. Our best players are all 10s, wingers, strikers & right backs.
Henderson/Graelish/Some defensive clogger is a good enough midfield to win a tournament if they're set up properly. Agree about CB on paper, and LB as well to an extent, but a better manager can set up the team to cover those deficiencies. From the outside as a neutral that's the way it looks to me anyway. I genuinely think this crop of players can win a tournament with the right manager.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea

Coady rice james had good games
Walker mount phillips were ok.
Rest naff
The ref utter fukin shit.

Tiber

I thought all Southgate needed to be a successful manager was a trendy waistcoat and soft fixture list. Who could have guessed that bubble would burst?

Paul_Scholes18

Moyes knows how to develop players. I think that might be his strong part
and why he does better at smaller teams. In big teams the players are often ready made
and he need to motivate them and find good attacking patterns more than anything else.

Cloud7

I'll be honest, I barely ever watched Sancho for Dortmund. I watched the highlight videos, and the numbers that he put up are without a doubt outstanding. However, having watched him for England and trying to gauge what his game is like, I don't think he would have been the transformative player for United that we all expected him to be. Diallo looks like much more of what we need IMO. Sancho reminds me of a more mobile version of Mata, and a wide playmaker isn't necessarily what our team needs to take the step up IMO.

Zoo

Grealish was motm against Wales then gets given zero minutes to build on that.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
I thought all Southgate needed to be a successful manager was a trendy waistcoat and soft fixture list. Who could have guessed that bubble would burst?
The problem is it isn't really going to burst. He'll be kept on through thick and thin because he's a nice yes man who doesn't rock the boat.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Joao Felix might have lost his starting spot to Diogo Jota after tonight

Game against France in the next international break will be incredible if France come with the mindset that they need to win the game.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Is Moise Keane ever good for Italy? He seems rubbish. Also, I cannot get over an Italian not having a name that sounds like Peter Griffin speaking Italian.
He's usually decent, he's just not a very good player yet. He's lively and plays his arse off though

Also, what the feck was the second part of that post :lol: (and yes i know about mustachioed peter griffin speaking "italian")

Classical Mechanic

I'll be honest, I barely ever watched Sancho for Dortmund. I watched the highlight videos, and the numbers that he put up are without a doubt outstanding. However, having watched him for England and trying to gauge what his game is like, I don't think he would have been the transformative player for United that we all expected him to be. Diallo looks like much more of what we need IMO. Sancho reminds me of a more mobile version of Mata, and a wide playmaker isn't necessarily what our team needs to take the step up IMO.
Keep living in fantasy world.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
FA need to sack this joker before it's too late. Experimenting late at this stage with all these shitty defensive tactics. He should know by now with all the attacking options we have what the best set up is and the best eleven when available. He's been in the job for over 4 years, next year will be a total write off and a waste of another tournament guaranteed with him in charge.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Even the Spanish media made a meal out of it. Tbf I think they re exaggerated it a bit
The Spanish media talking about the NT, Real or Barca is like the English media talking about Pogba. Similar to England with all caps and exclamation point headlines across the whole front page.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He's usually decent, he's just not a very good player yet. He's lively and plays his arse off though

Also, what the feck was the second part of that post :lol: (and yes i know about mustachioed peter griffin speaking "italian")
I dunno, Italian is a cool language and all your players have those classy opera sounding names. And then there's Moise Keane..

Deery

Dreary
FA need to sack this joker before it's too late. Experimenting late at this stage with all these shitty defensive tactics. He should know by now with all the attacking options we have what the best set up is and the best eleven when available. He's been in the job for over 4 years, next year will be a total write off and a waste of another tournament guaranteed with him in charge.
You can’t really blame him when you see what Maguire done tonight he can’t trust his defenders, so has to play defensive. Ole will do the exact same come Saturday..

Aw, just seen you’re wan o them..

Classical Mechanic

Just my thoughts mate, no need to get snarky :lol:
You’ve seen Diallo playing in the u18 league. Sancho was probably the best u18 player in the world in that age group and has the awards to prove it. Then he comes and put up numbers only bettered by Neymar, Messi and Mbappe in Europe’s top 5 leagues in his first two years as a senior pro.

You're an optimist if you think Diallo is going to top that.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I am so disinterested in these England matches. Who are we playing today and when heck did we play Wales ?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Why the feck he's decided to compeltely change our approach and formation (to one that doesn't remotely suit us no less) with less then a year left before a major tournament is anyones feckin guess.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I never wish my teams to lose but considering this is the National league or whatever - I just hope we get thrashed soon so the FA realise that Southgate has reached his mark.

I am so excited about the english national team because it's the first generation that has fully pushed away the importance of physicality and resembles something more closer to technical abilities of a player.

Mount over Grealish? Like why? I've got nothing against Mount, hes a useful player but Grealish can self dominate teams to a way that Mount cant.

The fact Southgate took so long for Grealishs debut says enough.

Why not play Kalvin Phillips in a back 3 like he does for Leeds instead of these other defenders who end up further out in the field than they should be - that's the role of Phillips, not walker or Maguire or Coady.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It's only 25 days till the next International break. This year is really taking the piss at this stage.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Oh dear God :lol: He plays crap you call him out. Captain or no captain. Am I a United fan :lol:
Nobody's arguing that he's playing crap. He is seriously out of form and has been affected by the events of the summer imo. Which is why we should get behind him, not kick him while he's down. I could understand if he wasn't our player but he is and he's also our captain.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I never wish my teams to lose but considering this is the National league or whatever - I just hope we get thrashed soon so the FA realise that Southgate has reached his mark.

I am so excited about the english national team because it's the first generation that has fully pushed away the importance of physicality and resembles something more closer to technical abilities of a player.

Mount over Grealish? Like why? I've got nothing against Mount, hes a useful player but Grealish can self dominate teams to a way that Mount cant.

The fact Southgate took so long for Grealishs debut says enough.

Why not play Kalvin Phillips in a back 3 like he does for Leeds instead of these other defenders who end up further out in the field than they should be - that's the role of Phillips, not walker or Maguire or Coady.
We're stuck with Southgate until we flop at the Euros. He's a the type of Yes man that the FA love. He'll be hard to get rid of.