Internationals October (Nations League + Euro 2021 play-offs + Friendlies)

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Get in!! finally a good move!!

Good finish Alexis and beautiful pass from Aranguiz.
Pity :p

Translation for others: Maxi Gomez comes on on the 86th minute and scores the winner 3 mins into injury time

Suárez was rubbish

Yagami

Good post resistant
He’s quality. Would walk into our best XI and improve it significantly. A massive upgrade on Pogba, that’s for damn sure.
He'd be a massive upgrade on anyone. An upgrade on Pogba in central midfield, an upgrade on Rashford on the left, an upgrade on Bruno as the AM.
Get in!! finally a good move!!

Good finish Alexis and beautiful pass from Aranguiz.
I've always liked Aranguiz.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Pity :p

Translation for others: Maxi Gomez comes on on the 86th minute and scores the winner 3 mins into injury time

Suárez was rubbish
You've got an amazing volante coming through in Manuel Ugarte. A Uruguayan Frenkie De Jong.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Who ever said said we were underdogs overhyped us, we aint even on underdog level when it comes to national team. Hard to explain but trust me, you have to watch those cnuts for years and years to understand. Dunno what happened with Norway etc.
Most of the time the results were in line with the quality of the team.

That our public still believes we have world class players in every position like we did in 1998 is another thing.

Fosu-Mens

Lagerback is a fecking dinosaur. Put him out of his misery before he manages to waste the likes of Ødegaard and Haaland. Fair enough if we had lost by playing to our strengths but he puts out the most cowardly XI ever, gets ripped apart defensively and there’s no one there to provide any sort of service to Haaland. fecking joke how he uses players out of positions and players who aren’t even playing for their clubs, all the while there are form players in those positions on the bench who should be starting. We get what we deserve for hiring an outdated Swede.
Well, how your Captain even got a call up to the national team is beyond me. Surely there must be more footballers up there?
And your left back was an obvious weakpoint, together with that midfielder that was subbed of during half time. And your bald centreback was an easy target for Mitrovic.

The rest of the starting players was good enough to win against the Serbs, and King should have been an obvious starter. Shame about the tactics and some of the players used though. Completely outdated and relatively easy to spot the difference between som of the player's abilities, luckily the minority of those starters are the weaker ones, and not the majority AKA one man teams.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Bring it on. Absolutely fecking buzzing, will be seriously tough but what a chance. Was a nervy game last night as both sides didn't want to make any mistakes but we had the two best chances and one of which McT should have scored.

Two home games before we go to Serbia, should look to bring Griffiths back and get a few others fit. Underdogs for sure, but my God I would love to see us do it.

Highfather_24

He's not played Pogba's position in years, and didn't even look good there when he did.
Yep. Grealish would struggle in the same way Pogba does now. Grealish might be better at carrying the ball on current form, but he is just as easy to go past as Pogba is. With Grealish as part of a midfield 2, teams will continue to slice us open because his defensive work is not good. Also like Pogba, you would want him closer to goal. You know who you can compare to Pogba? Thiago. Thiago shows exactly what Pogba needs to do, but lacks the ability to.

So Grealish shouldnt be compared to Pogba, but rather to Bruno and Rashford. Will Grealish at 80M, be a massive upgrade on Bruno or Rashford?

Thats very very debatable. He is a gem of a player though.

onemanarmy

England - Belgium on Sunday will be a massacre :lol: Belgium will probably line up with half the players from our best eleven. No Hazard, Courtois, Mertens and probably De Bruyne. I really don't get why the fecking internationals have to be played now.

Eriku

Who ever said said we were underdogs overhyped us, we aint even on underdog level when it comes to national team. Hard to explain but trust me, you have to watch those cnuts for years and years to understand. Dunno what happened with Norway etc.
Piss off :lol: you played us off the park, and we’ve flaked in 4-5 play-offs since our last tourney in 2000. You guys definitely don’t have Norway’s problems.

antohan

You've got an amazing volante coming through in Manuel Ugarte. A Uruguayan Frenkie De Jong.
:annoyed:

We've spent a decade with a world class pair of strikers and CBs but a crap midfield.

Now they are about to retire (bar Giménez) we have a wealth of midfielders but nothing up front or behind. Gomez is the best of the bunch albeit no Suarez. Everyone else is a massive drop in quality.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Well, how your Captain even got a call up to the national team is beyond me. Surely there must be more footballers up there?
And your left back was an obvious weakpoint, together with that midfielder that was subbed of during half time. And your bald centreback was an easy target for Mitrovic.

The rest of the starting players was good enough to win against the Serbs, and King should have been an obvious starter. Shame about the tactics and some of the players used though. Completely outdated and relatively easy to spot the difference between som of the player's abilities, luckily the minority of those starters are the weaker ones, and not the majority AKA one man teams.
Bald CB I wouldn't put too much blame on because any CB will be an easy target for Mitrovic if you pin a cross towards him every other minute, the guy's only strength is to be a menace in the box and win every header. But the rest you mention I fully agree with. The captain is a Fulham reject, barely even plays league cup games for the worst team in the PL. The left back doesn't even have a club. The guy subbed at half time has been a Hull reject for the last couple of years. That's three players who almost play as many national team games as club games every year. We're lucky a Hoffenheim CB reject is injured at the moment or he'd be the one marking Mitrovic and we'd lose that game by a far bigger margin. Four players who get in the team no matter how shit they are.

Fair enough if we simply didn't have any better players, but we actually do. The likes of Normann, Midtsjø and Meling are nailed on players in those positions in bigger leagues. Elyounoussi, a natural winger, in good form for Celtic and was brilliant in the previous international against Northern Ireland, gets five minutes last night. Hauge, a natural winger, in insane form and was touted by some big name clubs, an unused sub. Glimt who are tearing up the league and were centimetres away from causing an EL upset at San Siro, have one player in the squad who has been an unused sub for the last three internationals. Tokmac, a talisman who almost single-handedly carried Ferencvaros to CL through some really though qualifiers, isn't somehow even in contention to be in the squad.

Again, I don't mind losing if we use our best players and play to our strengths. Then we're simply not better. But when a player of Haaland's calibre comes out and says he didn't feel like he was involved in the game at any point through 120 minutes, then that says all you need to know about the awful tactics and outdated dinosaurs in charge.

Fosu-Mens

Bald CB I wouldn't put too much blame on because any CB will be an easy target for Mitrovic if you pin a cross towards him every other minute, the guy's only strength is to be a menace in the box and win every header. But the rest you mention I fully agree with. The captain is a Fulham reject, barely even plays league cup games for the worst team in the PL. The left back doesn't even have a club. The guy subbed at half time has been a Hull reject for the last couple of years. That's three players who almost play as many national team games as club games every year. We're lucky a Hoffenheim CB reject is injured at the moment or he'd be the one marking Mitrovic and we'd lose that game by a far bigger margin. Four players who get in the team no matter how shit they are.

Fair enough if we simply didn't have any better players, but we actually do. The likes of Normann, Midtsjø and Meling are nailed on players in those positions in bigger leagues. Elyounoussi, a natural winger, in good form for Celtic and was brilliant in the previous international against Northern Ireland, gets five minutes last night. Hauge, a natural winger, in insane form and was touted by some big name clubs, an unused sub. Glimt who are tearing up the league and were centimetres away from causing an EL upset at San Siro, have one player in the squad who has been an unused sub for the last three internationals. Tokmac, a talisman who almost single-handedly carried Ferencvaros to CL through some really though qualifiers, isn't somehow even in contention to be in the squad.

Again, I don't mind losing if we use our best players and play to our strengths. Then we're simply not better. But when a player of Haaland's calibre comes out and says he didn't feel like he was involved in the game at any point through 120 minutes, then that says all you need to know about the awful tactics and outdated dinosaurs in charge.
Have you actually had any national coaches that have not been completely outdated in their approach to football since the 90ies?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
:annoyed:

We've spent a decade with a world class pair of strikers and CBs but a crap midfield.

Now they are about to retire (bar Giménez) we have a wealth of midfielders but nothing up front or behind. Gomez is the best of the bunch albeit no Suarez. Everyone else is a massive drop in quality.
From what I saw last night (only watched first half) De La Cruz looked an interesting attacker for the counter attack, good dribbler. WIll probably get to europe in next 12 months.

antohan

From what I saw last night (only watched first half) De La Cruz looked an interesting attacker for the counter attack, good dribbler. WIll probably get to europe in next 12 months.
He has played with both Bentancur and Valverde through the U17/20 NTs which obviously helped. After such a long break from internationals, different fitness levels and with literally no prep "playing from memory" was really important yesterday. Particularly in the first half, second half Chile started to get to grips with the game while those three just picked things up where they left off.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
This Spain have a new profile of players that we did not have before when we were too slow and predictable.
This is almost the team that I would like to see(perhaps today too attacking), with Oyarzabal as a false 9.
Merino is gaining prominence and there is going to be a lot of competition on the right between Ferrán Torres, Adama, Asensio and even Olmo who today is in the center.
Luis Enrique still proving the partner for Ramos.The other day Llorente and Eric and today Pau Torres.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Only 2-1 to Germany after pen to Ukraine. Let's squander another lead.

Pau Torres has been great again. Great range of passing, moves it quickly, comfortable receiving the ball under pressure. Really mobile for his height too. So surprised he's still at Villarreal.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Pau Torres has been great again. Great range of passing, moves it quickly, comfortable receiving the ball under pressure. Really mobile for his height too. So surprised he's still at Villarreal.
It's someone I'm very interested in.

I hope Barcelona or Real madrid dont buy him so we have a chance.

Left footed CB is so rare never mind if they are good or not.