Internationals October (World Cup Qualifiers + Nations League Finals)

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Sané was still fuming while shaking hands with the bench and staff, you could see the frustration build up to explosive levels in this match :lol:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
We were a bit shit, really. A more efficient opponent could easily have won today.

JuriM

Estonia 2-0 Belarus FT. Dominated Belarus all the game, but they were really decent in defence, hardly made any errors.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Boring Netherlands again under LVG? 75% possesion, but only 1 goal vs a crap side.
To be fair, teams like Latvia are just monumentally shite to play against, they put all their players in their own box and just keep. Time wasting even after going a goal down. The 2 matches before this were excellent and entertaining, but you do sometimes need 2 teams to play a match of football. Lvg's post match interview is excruciatingly cringe worthy though. He's such a narcissist twat.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I'm with Scholes. Pathetic display. We looked vulnerable on the break as well. Lots of work to be done by Vangle.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm with Scholes. Pathetic display. We looked vulnerable on the break as well. Lots of work to be done by Vangle.
Frenkie looks nothing like the player he was at Ajax. Worst match I've seen him play really. Only acceptable performances were Klaassen and Bijlow really.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Agreed. De Vrij too.
Ah right of course. Van Dijk on the other hand seems a bit off since his injury. That big chance they got in the first half from his failed pass is something he did against Norway as well.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
There's countless of examples where talented players became washed up in their 30s. You don't give Benzema any credit whatsoever for taking care of his body extremely well.

Not all trophies are created equally. You've remember the context. Benzema's 4 UCL-titles is almost meaningsless for his individual legacy. Most people don't think he's top 6-7 key contributors and Real Madrid heavily relied on Cristiano's goals. For comparision, Lewandowski's 2020 UCL-title as the best player for Bayern is much more

Strikers are judged how good they're based on goalscoring stats. Do you think Benzema is better than Pele, Puskas, Gerd Muller, Lewandowski, Romario etc?

Messi easily blows Benzema out of the water in the role as False 9 and it's not even debetable.

The idea of Benzema "sacrificed himself for the team" is revisionist history. Real Madrid tried to replace Benzema on several occastions for years. Hell, Benzema almost got shipped off in 2013 until Ancelotti veoted it. Benzema used to be treated as a meme player in most people's eyes due to his underwhelming numbers during Cristiano era (only two 20+ league goals in 8 years). Whenever people discussing Messi's & Cristiano's respective level of help, Benzema gets ridiculed for not being as good as Eto'o or Suarez.
People who don't know Football judge players just based of statistics.

My grandma (who never watched a Football game in her whole life) can say Kane is as good as Henry just looking at numbers... reality says not even english people/Spurs fans say that Kane is as good as Titi Henry.

The fact that you put Lewandowski in the same bracket as Romario,Pele,etc it's laughable, Lewandowski isn't even a better player than Eto or Henry.

Also Lewandowski has scored hatricks agains a lot of dross that UEFA has like Gibraltar,San Marino,Malta,Lithuania,Chipre,Feroe Islands,Latvia,etc...so him scoring as much as Pele for NT doesn't mean anything.
Let's see how many goals Lewandowski has scored against decent teams like Sweden, Ukraine,Croatia,Russia, Denmark, Switzerland,etc

I could give 3 Fs about what average football fan think, i have my own opinion...Sorry

Last edited:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
People who don't know Football judge players just based of statistics.

My grandma (who never watched a Football game in her whole life) can say Kane is as good as Henry just looking at numbers... reality says not even english people/Spurs fans say that Kane is as good as Titi Henry.

The fact that you put Lewandowski in the same bracket as Romario,Pele,etc it's laughable, Lewandowski isn't even a better player than Eto or Henry.

Also Lewandowski has scored hatricks agains a lot of dross that UEFA has like Gibraltar,San Marino,Malta,Lithuania,Chipre,Feroe Islands,Latvia,etc...so him scoring as much as Pele for NT doesn't mean anything.
Let's see how many goals Lewandowski has scored against decent teams like Sweden, Ukraine,Croatia,Russia, Denmark, Switzerland,etc

I could give 3 Fs about what average football fan think, i have my own opinion...Sorry
Yeah but did Pele score 3 goals against San Marino? Didn't think so, what a looser.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I remember some people on here having Turkey as an outsider at the Euro's because they accidentally beat us by employing some sort of all shots will go in hack.

Christ they're shite.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Vile behaviour by Scots fans - cheering for their team and booing all the way through the Israeli national anthem. proving they can manage to be worse than england fans

Swedish_Plumber

Never really understood why when a player goes down injured the ref let’s play go on for the attacking team but as soon as the defending team wins it they stop?
Either stop it straight away or leave it, its infuriating.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Never really understood why when a player goes down injured the ref let’s play go on for the attacking team but as soon as the defending team wins it they stop?
Either stop it straight away or leave it, its infuriating.
Are you referring to the advantage rule? Or do you mean that referees wait a moment to see whether the player is faking or for the attacking phase to conclude. All of the above sound sensible to me.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Vile behaviour by Scots fans - cheering for their team and booing all the way through the Israeli national anthem. proving they can manage to be worse than england fans
Good anthem to boo.