Internationals September (Nations League + Friendlies) | England RELEGATED

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Englands football has been absolutely dire ever since the Euros.

Southgate just isn't doing it anymore. This 3-5-2 in particular is so badly put together.

Maguire LCB with Saka as a wingback? cmon...

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Can’t work Foden out sometimes. You wonder if he’s every going to be truly world class.
Agree with you. He is hugely skillful with great balance and lots of pace.
But despite all that, he has yet to really impose himself.
Really good player though.

little.triangles

Anyone would be better than Southgate.
I’d even go for hoddle and Eileen drewery as attacking coach at this point.
This is beyond awful……….
It's all people can muster, that Southgate shouldn't be replaced because it's just before the WC!

England could do with a new manager bounce.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I don't understand the decision to play Saka at LWB.

A 4231 with Walker at LB and Saka at RW (Foden in the 10) was what I expected when I seen the 11 pregame.

I was naive enough to think that Southgate was being brave :lol:

I couldn't believe what I was seeing in the opening minutes. I'll bet that Italy can't believe their luck because its a terrible Italian team tonight and that English 11 under a different manager would be a different prospect altogether IMO.

Absolutely atrocious.

Skills

Snitch
Can’t work Foden out sometimes. You wonder if he’s every going to be truly world class.
I think he's been moulded into the perfect cog for a Guardiola team. But I don't think that's necessarily a great player outside of a Guardiola team.

The likes of Bernardo, KDB and David Silva developed into creative forces at other clubs and learned how to individually influence a game. I don't think Foden has ever had the opportunity to do that, because he's always been the support piece than a more decisive player.

Gibb11

seen brazil formation for the ghana game ridiculously attacking, neymar and paqueta, casimiro midfield? 3-0 up tho!

Devil81

Southgate has gone that conservative with his team it's now like watching paint dry.

I know games against Italy are always tight but it's every match now.

I think the World Cup and then move in a different direction. This group should have won the last euros and it should do well in Qatar. The group has been kind but we will struggle beyond if we play as we currently are.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Kane is so greedy.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I think he's been moulded into the perfect cog for a Guardiola team. But I don't think that's necessarily a great player outside of a Guardiola team.

The likes of Bernardo, KDB and David Silva developed into creative forces at other clubs and learned how to individually influence a game. I don't think Foden has ever had the opportunity to do that, because he's always been the support piece than a more decisive player.
Fair point.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
England Harry Kane is a very different player to the Spurs one.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I don't understand Southgates tactics of 3 at the back, producing nothing.

Surely having Sterling as a winger and actually selecting Sancho would have been better.

Kane has been pretty shit too. I'd much prefer Trippier in the team for set pieces too. In general this shit run is down to Southgate, haven't rated him as a manager since he took over.

avgp_1

Bellingham starting to get forward and breaking from midfield is creating openings

slyadams

I think we all need to give Southgate immense credit for turning around the nation's relationship with the national team and giving us those runs in the last two tournaments, but the team is so poor now.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Every time an international break comes around the past year, I go away thinking that Netherlands has as good a chance as anyone in the world cup. Germany probably favourites even if they're losing today, but Netherlands just have a nice balance to them and play really well with Van Gaal.

England look awful, Portugal is so meh with Santos, France is so meh with Deschamps... Top 5 of Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Brazil and Argentina for me. Though I rate the european sides higher due to the managers.

Abraxas

This England side are really dull.

That said it's how we're going to play, that's clear. Southgate is conservative by nature and I think he believes it is necessary to protect his centre backs who aren't an impressive bunch. I think the plan is to try and 1-0 his way to a World Cup.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think we all need to give Southgate immense credit for turning around the nation's relationship with the national team and giving us those runs in the last two tournaments, but the team is so poor now.
He’s done well overall but creating great squad harmony and being a nice guy only gets you so far. I think international managers in particular need to come in cycles. Southgate’s should be over now but we won’t do it until after a poor WC unfortunately.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
If I was a football manager, I would fine any of my players 2 weeks wages for sticking their fecking arms up and looking at the linos.

Blood Mage

England have been thoroughly outplayed. Scamacca being a useless lump is the only reason Italy haven't scored.

Edit: and there it is, deserved.