Internationals September (Nations League + Friendlies) | England RELEGATED

Leg-End

England are just lifeless aren’t they, Southgate’s sell by date is long past due. The cycle of this England side really needs a new manager with a bit of attacking mindset.

Smores

This England side are really dull.

That said it's how we're going to play, that's clear. Southgate is conservative by nature and I think he believes it is necessary to protect his centre backs who aren't an impressive bunch. I think the plan is to try and 1-0 his way to a World Cup.
That's fine but you need a counter attacking option if you're playing that way. Gamble on Rashford and I say that as someone who doesn't yet buy Rashford is back.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Southgate needs to get the sack. It's not the players.

Got a lucky run in the World Cup fecked it up, scraped through at the Euros, now 5 games played and 3 points.

I still don't understand how he's the coach. Picking a team with no width, restricting players who honestly at very good at club level to play in a shit system.

So dull, I hope he gets the sack before the WC.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
emberassing to see such good players as England has play such absolute shit football

slyadams

He’s done well overall but creating great squad harmony and being a nice guy only gets you so far. I think international managers in particular need to come in cycles. Southgate’s should be over now but we won’t do it until after a poor WC unfortunately.
Oh yeah, in truth I think he hit his limit in both those tournaments. Wtih a squad bristling with talent the conservative approach got him through the rounds, but ultimately he just didn't present enough quality when it really mattered.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Graelish' hair is so offensive to me. I'm not sure why. It just screams IM A CNUT.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Potter would’ve been perfect but that chance has gone now.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I can see why Southgate likes Maguire. They're about the same level professionally - completely overrated and out of their depth

slyadams

England should hire Tuchel.
This would be a seriously gutsy move if only he had a little more time. We've seen what he can do in short order to a talented squad that has been mis-managed. Just offer him a 12 month contract that gets him through the world cup and to next summer.

Too bold, too brave, too imaginative for the FA.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
Why? England have been doing this for decades?
Dont think you had a squad as strong as this one since decades. Some insane players in it and its just dreadful. Such a shame. Even fecking Frank de Boer would do better with this lot.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It would be insanity to sack him now.
It would give England a chance at doing something. They have lost all they had going for them with Southgate who was never more than a cheerleader like Ole essentially. Eventually, you just can't get them going and need someone who knows what they're doing, which Southgate doesn't. Keep Southgate and the world Cup will be garbage for England.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
We're such an utterly tripe team. Average players all around, Flick can't make this team into winners.

It's funny that tifo did a football manager simulation of the world cup 100 times and Germany won the most.