g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Internationals September (Nations League + Friendlies)

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ha, was there even a replay for the first one? I might've missed it, but there was at least 3 for the Gomez one
Yup there was 1 replay. Was a really harsh pen. Would have been furious if that was given against my side

Chief123

Am I watching a different game? Everyone ripping the referee for giving two correctly awarded penalties?

padr81

Supports
Man City
England were comfortably the better team and did all the football (albeit very little). Kanes goal was onside, good peno by Raheem. Might also put to bed the myth Foden should be benching Bernardo and David Silva. He's a good player with high potential but has a long way to go.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Roll on Premiership.

Rather watch grass grow at Old Trafford than such dire and pointless internationals.

dbs235

You feckin lucky bastards. Undeserved penalty and you got lucky the that feckin Bjarnason took our pen.
Feckin hell I’m pissed
Did you not see Kane's perfectly good goal ruled out in the first half?

dev1l

Just watched both penalty episodes -i think technically they re both incidents penalties.
Icelandic defender was unlucky, Gomez simply stupid.
Re Southgate - don't put all blame on him.
It is very difficult to motivate a group of highly salaried individuals to play in such a pointless and useless tournament.

Superunknown

Roll on Premiership.

Rather watch grass grow at Old Trafford than such dire and pointless internationals.
Blade 23 is having such a fantastic season, tremendous growth, but still a way to go until it catches up to Blade 4233. Miracle-gro has been a fantastic signing and will go down as the bargain of the window. Been a major influence on all areas of the pitch.

Classical Mechanic

England were comfortably the better team and did all the football (albeit very little). Kanes goal was onside, good peno by Raheem. Might also put to bed the myth Foden should be benching Bernardo and David Silva. He's a good player with high potential but has a long way to go.
There are no conclusions to be drawn from what is effectively the first pre-season game for many players. Fitness was clearly an issue for both sides as the game wore on. This is the strangest international break in a long time.

Nickelodeon

Couldn’t have scripted a luckier win for England. Walker is on thin ice seriously

Lay

International football outside of tournaments is fecking shit

Chief123

I know, but we were so close :(
It really is like Man Utd vs Rushden & Diamonds, and we almost got a draw. I’m much more relaxed now though ;)
Ahh you’re an Iceland fan. Fair enough. I understand the passion.

Walters_19_MuFc

Crazy last few minutes to the game. Was tough to break down a very disciplined Iceland team, but I think this is where we lack a deeplying playmaker.

That said, I think if that Kane goal isn't disallowed, then we probably go on to score more.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
You could see why I really don't like Hamrén. Walker gets sent off and what is the plan? Exactly the same, not trying to win one bit just not lose. Put on Emil Hallfreðsson on who shouldn't be near the squad. 36 years old and without a club.

Victor Pálsson was very good, that's about it.

England's midfield was shocking. Slow, little movement. Whole plan was to give Sterling the ball and watch him play. Kane tried a bit and had a goal wrongfully disallowed. Sancho did nothing.

Walters_19_MuFc

Bit pissed Martial isn't starting, especially given France are going with two strikers. Hopefully he'll get some minutes tonight.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's a struggle watching a lot of these England games as it is, let alone behind closed doors.
Just about worth it for the tournaments which are still great to watch.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Iceland didn't deserve anything. Diabolical 'football' team
Imagine putting every man behind the ball against 10 men and not even attempting to go forward
Harsh on a country where there are probably more professional footballers and football pitches in Essex than there are in
the whole of Iceland.

The failing was on a team full of professionals playing in the most organised league and infrastructure in the world looking clueless and resorting to desperate challenges

anant

Under current rules that's a penalty. The second yellow card was very harsh though.
Is it? Not sure what the new rule is, and if it came out recently, but as per the earlier rules, that wouldn't have been a pen.
He could't have reacted faster, his hand was within body frame and not really flung out.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Yup there was 1 replay. Was a really harsh pen. Would have been furious if that was given against my side
It was a pen. 2 replays nota bene. You should be furious if it were your team because Gomez was as dumb as Walker there.

Paul_Scholes18

Iceland deserved a point and England got really lucky. I am not sure it is a pen for them.
Then of course they miss the one they got too.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
International football outside of tournaments is fecking shit
International friendlies need to be scrapped, plain and simple. For all the talk about pride, the players don’t want to play these games and people don’t want to watch them either. Painful for everyone apart from the Dave nugents of this world who get their sole appearance in a meaningless and forgetful game.

I’m actually surprised in today’s era where players have insane insurance taken out on just a single leg that they still allow these games.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
International friendlies need to be scrapped, plain and simple. For all the talk about pride, the players don’t want to play these games and people don’t want to watch them either. Painful for everyone apart from the Dave nugents of this world who get their sole appearance in a meaningless and forgetful game.

I’m actually surprised in today’s era where players have insane insurance taken out on just a single leg that they still allow these games.
How are international teams supposed to prepare for tournaments and qualifiers? Why not have clubs not play friendlies before the season starts as well then?

Josh 76

Roll on Premiership.

Spot on.
I didn't even realise England were playing until halfway through the game.
Not interested one bit. This will all be forgotten about next week.