Internationals September (Nations League + Friendlies)

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Germanys midfield was dead that second half and devoid of mobility. Who was missing from the midfield ? Or in other words whats germanys 1st choice midfield

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Germanys midfield was dead that second half and devoid of mobility. Who was missing from the midfield ? Or in other words whats germanys 1st choice midfield
Kimmich & Goretzka

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I forgot how calming it can be to follow a team with no expectations. There is no hope as long as Low is in charge and I'm not expecting anything else.

Wonder if UEFA will give us another pass if we come last in the group again?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Our play was way too static and not mainly due to fitness issues. Pretty much the way Bayern looked just about a year ago under Kovac. No cohesion, no plan for attacking and defending as a team.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Did Muller retire from international football? If not, he should be selected.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Impressive stuff by Spain, Ukraine are very good and rightly finished ahead of us (Portugal) in the qualification for the Euros.

Fati will be a star for Barca and Enrique is the right manager for the national team

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Kimmich & Goretzka
Our play was way too static and not mainly due to fitness issues. Pretty much the way Bayern looked just about a year ago under Kovac. No cohesion, no plan for attacking and defending as a team.
Ah fair enough
Kimmich goretzka muller Granby havertz and im sure more ive missed would add a lot.
A midfield that cant run consisting of gundogan and kroos isnt going to be doing much.
Adding gnabrys pace to sane and werner on the break would make germany great on the break. They need the right midfield balance though

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Ukraine brought back down to earth after their good run of results over the past two years. No solid replacement for Stepanenko in defensive midfield and Shevchenko has to step up phasing out yarmolenko for Tsyhankov now. He's a phyically washed up sloth, especially after those ankle injuries and can't cope with a starting wide role anymore. Too much loyalty there could get in the way of a good Euro performance next year.

DarkLord

Russia has impressed me. Proves their World Cup run was not a fluke and they've been consistently good since 2018. Germany is disappointing. In the past, once they score, its almost a foregone conclusion as they will hit another on the counter before you can equalise. Very uncharacteristic of the Germans to keep conceding. I don't know what else must happen before Low goes.

DarkLord

He was unceremoniously retired by Löw along with Boateng and Hummels with no option of return.
I recall that. But did they choose to retire ala forced to retire because they know they would never be chosen by Low again or it was a decision made by Low to retire them? I didn't think it was possible for a manager to retire a player like this.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I recall that. But did they choose to retire ala forced to retire because they know they would never be chosen by Low again or it was a decision made by Low to retire them? I didn't think it was possible for a manager to retire a player like this.
The NT manager calls up players for the squad. He just publicly announced he won't play Müller, Hummels, and Boateng again.

DarkLord

The NT manager calls up players for the squad. He just publicly announced he won't play Müller, Hummels, and Boateng again.
That's pretty sad when they were such an integral part of Germany's 2014 World Cup win and Müller is back to his best. Germany could do with him now. I guess there's no way back for them now unless Low make a u-turn or he's replaced.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Ah fair enough
Kimmich goretzka muller Granby havertz and im sure more ive missed would add a lot.
A midfield that cant run consisting of gundogan and kroos isnt going to be doing much.
Adding gnabrys pace to sane and werner on the break would make germany great on the break. They need the right midfield balance though
In all honesty, the player that would help the most is Brandt in CM. No other player in the team offers as much offensive impact from the CM position as him in the creative department. But Löw was always awful at using him correctly.
The whole team is just a mess right now. Löw completely changed his brand of football because France won the WC with a different style along with some other teams successfully applying a more direct approach.

Have no expectations at this point. Löw always made decisions that left you scratching your head but for the first time ever, I also completely disagree with the direction his tactical development is heading.

And it won't get better. He'll play Goretzka once he's back with the NT which will only make matters worse. Nothing against Goretzka but another vertical midfielder who's not particularly great in tight spaces or in creating chances isn't really what we need, IMO.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Missing the Bayern group of Gnabry, Neuer, Goretzka and Kimmich was one point, but then missing Halstenberg and Klostermann was also big.

Gosens was at fault for Switzerlands goal, not saying Halstenberg doesn't make mistakes himself but he's more assured defensively while also being good going forward. Klostermann at RWB would also be better than Kehrer.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Why did he do that? Sounds very strange unless they had a negative effect on the dressing room.
Löw is a fraud and Müller is pretty vocal. It's like the Kovac situation all over again, only that Löw has all the power since the DFB lives in his recturm. Löw wants a bunch of yes-men around him and Müller (as well as Hummels) aren't that.

backpass

Jogi Loew just has no clue. He should have stepped down after the last tournament. Now he is clinging to his job because he knows he will fail horrible at club level.
There is absolutely no concept. But worse, I can´t see any kind of urgency in Germanys games. Most of the players are moving on the field as if they dont care at all.
High pressing? What a joke, just because you stand high up the pitch doesn´t mean you are pressing. They stand high up, but no one is pressing toward the ball. As soon as the German player is overplayed, the player stops and stands looking. Especially Sane, Werner and Draxler were dreadful in this regard. Then you have super slow Kroos behind them, every time he wants to start moving it takes like 20 seconds he gets into 3rd gear. How do you press high up with that.

Playing out from the back, what a joke. No one is moving! Zero movement. That is disgusting, no urgency, happy with a 1:1, lucky not concede.

And Sane, come on yes he has skills. The ability is clearly there. But if you don´t care even a bit, then feck off. I really hope at Bayern, Müller, Kimmich and Lewandowski will sort him out. But the attitude is seriously pissing me off.

I could continue on and on and on, such an embarrassing display. Yes you don´t have all your players. But nations with weaker players at least run!

Feck Jogi Loew. I would rather have lost the world cup then continue on with this coach.

Reactions: Sultan

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
If we beat Italy tonight we're on our way to win the group since they drew against Bosnia. They've ways been our nemesis a bit though (not as badly as Portugal ofcourse). Quite looking forward to it. Hope to see some minutes for Ihattaren, he ca go far

GameOn

Why did he do that? Sounds very strange unless they had a negative effect on the dressing room.
Löw wants a bunch of yes-men around him. He can't deal with strong characters and Müller, Hummels and Boateng were the three most dominant characters (alongside Neuer) in the lockerroom. They don't hold back their opinion.

He also had to do something after the embarassing WC exit and using those three as scapegoats was a genius stroke in terms of saving his own behind. He even said that this had nothing to do with their performances, he "just felt they had to discover new ways now".

Not only did he blame others, he also bought himself another few years with that decision, since he can always claim that there will be problems by trying to integrate the younger players.

I'm actually surprised that he hasn't axed Neuer yet, but I guess even he knew that this would be a decision that even the casual N11-fan would question.

Last edited:

romufc

Jogi Loew just has no clue. He should have stepped down after the last tournament. Now he is clinging to his job because he knows he will fail horrible at club level.
There is absolutely no concept. But worse, I can´t see any kind of urgency in Germanys games. Most of the players are moving on the field as if they dont care at all.
High pressing? What a joke, just because you stand high up the pitch doesn´t mean you are pressing. They stand high up, but no one is pressing toward the ball. As soon as the German player is overplayed, the player stops and stands looking. Especially Sane, Werner and Draxler were dreadful in this regard. Then you have super slow Kroos behind them, every time he wants to start moving it takes like 20 seconds he gets into 3rd gear. How do you press high up with that.

Playing out from the back, what a joke. No one is moving! Zero movement. That is disgusting, no urgency, happy with a 1:1, lucky not concede.

And Sane, come on yes he has skills. The ability is clearly there. But if you don´t care even a bit, then feck off. I really hope at Bayern, Müller, Kimmich and Lewandowski will sort him out. But the attitude is seriously pissing me off.

I could continue on and on and on, such an embarrassing display. Yes you don´t have all your players. But nations with weaker players at least run!

Feck Jogi Loew. I would rather have lost the world cup then continue on with this coach.
The international break came at the wrong time.. Alot of players are not fully fit so there is lack of sharpness in the players.

Re: Sane - I think he is being played in the wrong position, we have seen when he played for City and played on the wing, he is threatening, playing him as a striker doesnt work. I am not sure why he opted with a 3 back formation.

Blackwidow

He will have to. It is a group thing and everybody has understood that they all profit from it.

Let Phonzy talk about it:

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
About time he gets his chance. Weird line up though. It's either 442 or Wijnaldum is playing as a right winger. Personally wouldve just put in Beek instead of Gini, he's been shite since the covid break which was showing against Poland.