Internationals September (Nations League + Friendlies)

Gordon S

Can you please explain to me how he is a great manager? Genuine question.
We play shit football, flat 442. Marcus Berg and Seb Larsson still start ahead of the likes of Isak and Kulusevski. There doesn't seem to any integration of young players in the squad.
The integration of young players is not very good, Isak and kulusevski should start, but we had more chances, more shots on goals than France. That is impressive considering how very few top players Sweden has.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
The integration of young players is not very good, Isak and kulusevski should start, but we had more chances, more shots on goals than France. That is impressive considering how very few top players Sweden has.
This short-term vision is not healthy IMO. But it seems to be a problem with Swedish football in general.

Paul_Scholes18

Isak has struggled in the national side though. Berg and Quaison has done it well together.
Not sure Kulusevski is ready for big things either yet.
They will get chances and hopefully grow with them.

DarkLord

That was a dreadful display. Won't be surprised if this ends goalless.

Irrational.

Just read that Brazilian-born Cicinho is making his debut for Bulgaria. This is the same Cicinho that we were heavily linked with quite a few years ago to the point that G Nev even showed him round Carrington. He ended up signing for Madrid and wasting his career.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just read that Brazilian-born Cicinho is making his debut for Bulgaria. This is the same Cicinho that we were heavily linked with quite a few years ago to the point that G Nev even showed him round Carrington. He ended up signing for Madrid and wasting his career.
It can't be, he's long since retired and played for Brazil a few times anyway.

FrantikChicken

I feel gutted for Bulgaria. Could have been 4 points and it's now 1. For such a limited team I think the coach is doing a great job at getting them to play a pretty organized game. The mistakes are obviously still there but not nearly as much as previously.

MrEleson

I don't think it's the same Cicinho.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
As promised I've not backed Ireland. So I'm watching with impartiality tonight, which means I might not be as harsh in my criticisms.

Disclaimer: im still a miserable sod, so i'll still be a prick, probably.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The Cicinho you are thinking about is 40 and retired.

diarm

Are these lads taking the piss playing a fella called Daniel O'Shaughnessy against us?

Deery

Dreary
Not the best of watches, Ireland had some good passing moves going the first 20mins. Still pretty toothless up front, but slightly better than before overall. We are lucky Pukki didn’t punish us but pretty solid in defence, can only see a goalless draw in this match.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
His hand was on his chest in this case. These are the rules now btw. Only the 3rd and 4th points are valid here - Has he made his silhouette bigger? - arguable as his hand was wrapped to his chest but looking at the angle, one can argue on that grounds. Was his hand above the shoulder? Hell no.

Probably you need to watch it 31 times to see that it was a very harsh pen, and I'm pretty sure that all neutrals would agree with that
He made his silhoutte bigger. You automatically do that by jumping in front of a shot. His arm and elbow stood out from the body and that's where the ball struck.

massi83

Fairly deserved win for Finland. Could have been a draw as well. Ireland were a lot worse than Wales.