Interpol Red Notice

Foxbatt

Interpol has issued a Red Notice for the arrest of Anne Sacoolas. It's obvious that the US government will not let her go to the UK.
Would this be the moment UK review the extradition treaty with the US?
Interpol can't issue this unless the UK government request it from Interpol. Anne Sacoolas is the one who drove on the wrong side of the road and killed someone in the UK.

Foxbatt

It’s actually disgusting that the US would protect her for this crime
Of course it is. But then they can't blame dictatorships when they refuse to extradite their citizens. The US should put her on trial or extradite her to UK under the bilateral agreement with the UK.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
The US protect their own regardless of the "crime". There's no way they will extradite this woman for a perceived motor accident. The twats still haven't helped with India's Bhopal incident where more than a motorcyclist died.
Kidnap Obama and offer him up to trump so he can stand trial for obamagate in exchange... That's the only way she's heading to the uk
If it's in trump's interest he will chuck her under the bus immediately... Which given what she did wouldn't be without irony

FireballXL5

That bitch has absolutely no intention of ever stepping outside the US again.

mu4c_20le

From what I remember, the UK government had no intention of actually jailing her, they most likely would've given her a slap on the wrist. All the Dunn family wanted was justice. What a coward of a woman.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
From what I remember, the UK government had no intention of actually jailing her, they most likely would've given her a slap on the wrist. All the Dunn family wanted was justice. What a coward of a woman.
Pretty sure it's down to a judge what happens ...

If she was guilty of death by dangerous driving I believe that can carry a prison sentence

As there has been no court case we don't know for example if she was on a mobile phone at the time... Factors like that would determine what the judge did but certainly not for the government to decide

Judge could say death by careless driving... I think maximum 5 year sentence

Probably running out of the country would make a prison sentence more likley I think

I understand northampton police were incorrectly advised she had diplomatic immunity at the time which seems a big failing

Can the family sue her in a civil court in the states as she has admitted causing the death? (I assume they can't press criminal charges in the states as no crime was committed in the USA?)

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The next time the US asks for an extradition, ask them to feck off.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea

If she was guilty of death by dangerous driving I believe that can carry a prison sentence

As there has been no court case we don't know for example if she was on a mobile phone at the time... Factors like that would determine what the judge did but certainly not for the government to decide

Foreign national, spouse of a foreign diplomat, first time offense, no way she was ever going to see the inside of a prison cell. It's ridiculous that she ran and created an international incident.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You have to be a very cruel person to try and escape justice like she has. It’s been 8 months since the incident. His parents haven’t been able to close the chapter on his death (not that you probably could with the death of your child) and her carrying this on is disgusting.

TheReligion

Abusive

Probably running out of the country would make a prison sentence more likley I think

I understand northampton police were incorrectly advised she had diplomatic immunity at the time which seems a big failing

Can the family sue her in a civil court in the states as she has admitted causing the death? (I assume they can't press criminal charges in the states as no crime was committed in the USA?)
I think the sad thing is if she'd have done the right thing I very much doubt for a first offence she'd have faced prison under the circumstances. She could have then gone back to the US and the family would have had justice.

The foreign office has alot to answer for judging by the leaked text messages sent to US counterparts post incident.

TheReligion

Abusive
Well this opens a can of moral worms.

If the situation was reversed, are you saying the a British citizen shouldn't be extradited to the US for knocking down a killing a US citizen in the US?
You'd have them executed in Texas depending on the car they were driving at the time.

Morpheus 7

Harry Dunn's family lost the case in the High Court today. Really sad for the family, the entire thing is a disgrace. People can get away with terrible things when they are connected to the right people.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This government let that woman get on a plan despite being in the country two weeks after the incident.
Raab is a disgrace.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Harry Dunn's family lost the case in the High Court today. Really sad for the family, the entire thing is a disgrace. People can get away with terrible things when they are connected to the right people.
What was the High Court's reasoning?

WPMUFC

What was the High Court's reasoning?
But in a ruling on Tuesday, Lord Justice Flaux and Mr Justice Saini said: "Our conclusion is that Mrs Sacoolas enjoyed immunity from UK criminal jurisdiction at the time of Harry's death."
They also rejected a claim by Mr Dunn's parents Charlotte Charles and Tim Dunn that the Foreign Office had "usurped" Northamptonshire Police's investigation into their son's death.
The High Court judges found officials "sought to assist rather than obstruct Northamptonshire Police in their investigation".
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-55057671

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I’m not saying you should be allowed to be a vigilante but if his family flew to America and ran her over I’d totally understand

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
This whole thing was fecking stupid from the Americans from the start. If she'd stayed and cooperated she'd have gotten a suspended sentence at most and the whole thing would have been a tragic story that was forgotten by everyone other than the families in a week. Instead they caused it to become an international incident purely because they're so fecking arrogant they think they can just treat allied countries like vassal states.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
This whole thing was fecking stupid from the Americans from the start. If she'd stayed and cooperated she'd have gotten a suspended sentence at most and the whole thing would have been a tragic story that was forgotten by everyone other than the families in a week. Instead they caused it to become an international incident purely because they're so fecking arrogant they think they can just treat allied countries like vassal states.
But they can, as proven in this case as well. So not stupid on their behalf since they can protect their important citizens while get the likes of UK to hand over theirs to be sent to Guantanamo if required. UK itself protects run away criminals from Asian countries (read about the case of Vijay Mallaya where even after all the court judgements, UK Govt is trying to find ways to avoid extraditing him) so can't take any kind of moral high ground anyway.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
But they can, as proven in this case as well. So not stupid on their behalf since they can protect their important citizens while get the likes of UK to hand over theirs to be sent to Guantanamo if required. UK itself protects run away criminals from Asian countries (read about the case of Vijay Mallaya where even after all the court judgements, UK Govt is trying to find ways to avoid extraditing him) so can't take any kind of moral high ground anyway.
Except doing it this publicly causes big public reactions, that then make it harder for subsequent governments to approve things the US want. Part of having this kind of massive power is knowing when to wield it and when not to. If you just go around swinging your dick at every opportunity you end up undermining your overall interests. There's a reason why empires always fall in the end.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Except doing it this publicly causes big public reactions, that then make it harder for subsequent governments to approve things the US want. Part of having this kind of massive power is knowing when to wield it and when not to. If you just go around swinging your dick at every opportunity you end up undermining your overall interests. There's a reason why empires always fall in the end.
Well let's wait till UK actually says no to US as a consequence of this case. I doubt it will happen especially since post-Brexit UK will be desperate for US support for trade deals.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Family confirmed they are pressing on with an appeal - interestingly they have been in contact with the Biden campaign for a year or so ... wonder if that could change things

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Well let's wait till UK actually says no to US as a consequence of this case. I doubt it will happen especially since post-Brexit UK will be desperate for US support for trade deals.
That's going to be interesting, considering how much the Democrats loathe Johnson.