Introducing new site design and features

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
That sounds odd considering they used to indirectly pay websites for using their search as it resulted in a lot of ad-revenue.

Adsense is currently down, so I can't check my account, but I'd be surprised if they don't still offer the search box.

They also have it for free here: http://www.google.com/coop/manage/cse/create/1 - but then you won't get any revenue from the ads, like you would if you used the one through adsense.
Thanks Top, the google search is now back.

twitter thread suggester
The PM box skips a line again now that we've gone into a double-digits day.

StringerBell

Like the new design, there's quite a bit of grey space between the logo and the PM box at the top, but can't think of how it could be filled up!

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Would like to say nice job on the new designs & features you have implemented, no doubt taking a bit of time especially with all the little things that come out after it goes live. Interesting that you have made a blog section in addition to the forum. Maybe as these are going to be the more 'quality' articles / posts, you could engage the modern craze of social bookmarking to attract more traffic, in theory.

Logan!

Whenever I click play/pause on the podcast a popup box appears prompting me to download the mp3. It happens no matter how many times I pause it and come back to it, not just the first time I hit play. Is this intentional or a bug?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Whenever I click play/pause on the podcast a popup box appears prompting me to download the mp3. It happens no matter how many times I pause it and come back to it, not just the first time I hit play. Is this intentional or a bug?
What browser/version/OS are you using?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Would like to say nice job on the new designs & features you have implemented, no doubt taking a bit of time especially with all the little things that come out after it goes live. Interesting that you have made a blog section in addition to the forum. Maybe as these are going to be the more 'quality' articles / posts, you could engage the modern craze of social bookmarking to attract more traffic, in theory.
That's a good idea, will add that to my lengthy to-do list! :)

Logan!

What browser/version/OS are you using?
Firefox 3.0.13 and Windows XP.

I think there's a newer version of firefox out so I'll download that and see if it fixes the problem.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Firefox 3.0.13 and Windows XP.

I think there's a newer version of firefox out so I'll download that and see if it fixes the problem.
Ok, I'll try and test it with Firefox 3 on XP and see if I can re-create the problem.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
The problem is still the same for me on Firefox 3.5.2 Niall.
Do you have any firefox plugins installed? If so can you try disabling them and see if that fixes it? Just trying to narrow down possible causes of the problem.

My next suggestion after that will be to format your hard drive and install a real operating system ;)

Logan!

Do you have any firefox plugins installed? If so can you try disabling them and see if that fixes it? Just trying to narrow down possible causes of the problem.
Only adblock plus. I've just disabled it, restarted firefox and it's still the same.

Would be helpful to know if anybody else is experiencing the same thing.

My next suggestion after that will be to format your hard drive and install a real operating system ;)
:lol: