IPL 2019

MDFC Manager

Great stuff sending Uthappa and Karthik out to bat while Russell and Rana sit in the dugout. Karthik goes after 3 off 9. :lol:
This is quite entertaining to be honest!

Looking better and better for us at the world cup :lol:

Boycott

Observation: If every catch is a VIVO perfect catch then no catch is a perfect catch

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Srk is going to make wholesale changes after this season including the coaching staff. This has been a complete disaster and this innings sums up the season for kkr . Captain and coach are absolutely clueless and make so many mistakes in selection and batting order.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Crazy that the 80 run loss to Csk cost us a top 2 place . If DC had lost by 50 or so I think that our nrr would have been better . Of course the choke job against Punjab didn't help.

Moving on now I think that it is hard to see beyond a Csk Vs Mi final . So happy that DC made the playoffs but we are heavily dependent on a couple of individuals and also lack the tactical nous in tough situations. Hope we beat SRH though and after that you never know

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Mumbai are hitting their stride at the right time and seem to have all bases covered with key players hitting form. The first qualifier against CSK is going to be very difficult, that ground is the opposite conditions of Mumbai. I can see Mumbai going all the way losing against CSK and winning the second eliminator

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Crazy that the 80 run loss to Csk cost us a top 2 place . If DC had lost by 50 or so I think that our nrr would have been better . Of course the choke job against Punjab didn't help.

Moving on now I think that it is hard to see beyond a Csk Vs Mi final . So happy that DC made the playoffs but we are heavily dependent on a couple of individuals and also lack the tactical nous in tough situations. Hope we beat SRH though and after that you never know
SRK without the openers is not as potent as before. It's a even tie at best.

Mumbai are hitting their stride at the right time and seem to have all bases covered with key players hitting form. The first qualifier against CSK is going to be very difficult, that ground is the opposite conditions of Mumbai. I can see Mumbai going all the way losing against CSK and winning the second eliminator
MI has been CSKs Kryptonite at best and have already beaten us at home once, albeit without Dhoni. Again, too close to call. I'm dreading a CSK vs MI finals.

madRedDevil07

SRK without the openers is not as potent as before. It's a even tie at best.

MI has been CSKs Kryptonite at best and have already beaten us at home once, albeit without Dhoni. Again, too close to call. I'm dreading a CSK vs MI finals.
Delhi are without Rabada as well. So that evens out Warner's void for SRH. I am going with SRH as they have many big T20 match players as compared to Delhi.
CSK vs MI match result depends on the pitch. If it is a turning pitch, CSK have an upper hand. If it is a batting beauty, MI will be unstoppable.

paulscholes18

Very nice knock from Suryakumar, done what they needed to do only chasing 132 just needed one of there top 3 to but with his head

AshRK

Delhi almost there. After so many mediocre season it's so refreshing to see Delhi do so well. I still think Chennai will beat them , but if they keep this core for next 3 to 4 years then the trophy will finally go to Delhi sooner than later.

Also, shame how selectors did not pick Pant. Joke decision.

AshRK

Indian selectors are Kohli and Dhoni. Get all the mates in first then see if they’re any places left. On the flat ODI pitches Pant could’ve done serious damage in the WC
Don't forget Shastri. He is the Guru for all. I seriously hope he is sacked if we don't win the World cup.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Finally! First playoff victory for Delhi I think.

sport2793

Who's your pick in Q2, CSK or DC? If Rabada was still playing I would pick DC but I think CSK edges it now.

AshRK

Who's your pick in Q2, CSK or DC? If Rabada was still playing I would pick DC but I think CSK edges it now.
CSK solely because of experience. Being a Delhi supporter this is a massive achievement. If you had said Delhi would go to play offs I would have taken it. Anything from here is a big bonus.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Hard to understand the decision to not pick Rishabh Pant for the WC , just for the experience itself it made the most sense for India

paulscholes18

Pant doesn’t do himself any favours in the way he gets out, even today he got the total to under a run a ball, rather than batting sensibly and seeing it home he goes for the glory shot and gets himself out, luckily for him they got the win which hasn’t always been the case with DC this year.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Pant doesn’t do himself any favours in the way he gets out, even today he got the total to under a run a ball, rather than batting sensibly and seeing it home he goes for the glory shot and gets himself out, luckily for him they got the win which hasn’t always been the case with DC this year.
I genuinely have no problem with his approach. It was only cos of his heroics that Delhi were in that position. If a team can't hit 5 off 8 balls with 3 wickets to left then it's not his fault.

I really hope he doesn't change his game. For all the criticism that he has taken and all the praise Dhoni has got. He has more runs Than Dhoni with a better SR this season(had played two ore three matches more) I think.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The strange thing about Msd is that he and to a large extent Yuvi transformed the role of an Odi batsman in Indian cricket . Msd had this mad ability to play fast and yet have the smartness to finish matches which has made people somehow believe that it is the normal way and every player should do that . Pant played a bad shot today but it is strange how time and again he gets the blame for not finishing matches when he is the one scoring the runs at a fast rate . 20 over cricket is very different from odi's and so the top 3 are equally responsible to finish games having played majority of the overs . Shreyas iyer has had a good IPL as per most people but he has barely finished a game . Prithvi Shaw played a terrible shot to get out today as well . Pant will improve soon but his ability is genuinely incredible and I am glad that DC coaches haven't held him back

Interval

Level
Please let Delhi win against CSK. Can't be bothered to watch us play Chennai again in the finals even though we have a better chance of beating them than Delhi

prateik

Can someone tell me how Gavaskar still has a job?
Makes my ears bleed... and my brain hurt.. at the same time.. pretty impressive.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Everytime we play Csk it feels like everything goes their way , just hard to explain how that happens

AshRK

Everytime we play Csk it feels like everything goes their way , just hard to explain how that happens
True, we have a terrible record against Chennai. Worst part as always chennai will roll over in the final against Mumbai. Delhi had a better chance of beating mumbai.

Anyways really proud of this team. Now the important part starts. Build on from here. Delhi must keep ponting and Ganguly, and build the squad around Pant, Shaw, Iyer, Rabada. We can no way lose any of them. Add more quality each year and try to build on from this season.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Delhi were easily the 3rd best team in the competition. Need to buy some better foreigners and we should be better next season