IPL 2024

Ish

Lights on for Luke
This has been a fun IPL, a competitive one where teams are playing entertaining cricket.

My pick would be KKR to win the championship.
Would actually like for RCB to go on and win it but yeah, don’t see it happening unfortunately. I think you’re right, the KKR will probably (& deservedly) go on and win it. My preference would be either RCB or SRH.

zing

Zingle balls
Solid rebuild so far but need to keep going for pretty much the whole 20.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I assume the IPL is going from strength to strength in India?

Definetly think it's lost interest in England - I've barely seen a ball this year and see no general chat about it at all, even with quite a few of our lads going well.

zing

Zingle balls
I assume the IPL is going from strength to strength in India?

Definetly think it's lost interest in England - I've barely seen a ball this year and see no general chat about it at all, even with quite a few of our lads going well.
Yes - it’s a proper league now. Local support is huge. I think there are a couple of things that still are off. One is that we get too much player-centric support.. like Chennai gets supported massively in away venues because of Dhoni. It’ll be interesting to see how the next generation of players are supported. I hope Virat, Rohit and Dhoni are the last of the celeb-players.

The other is that it’d be good for teams to retain the same players. The big auctions happen every 4 years and a bunch of teams get completely new identities. The ones which have retained their team players over a long time look like more serious teams. What this does well, though, is the league itself feels very competitive because the worst team can just release everyone and form a new team.

The league itself is very professionally run now. Dinesh Karthik was on a podcast and he spoke about how Mumbai Indians run things: players contracted to Mumbai Indians can contact them any time of the year for practise and Mumbai will arrange all facilities - net bowlers, balls, including renting out an entire stadium, flight tickets, accommodation - for a single player. There are also A team tours(Mumbai Indians sent a bunch of kids out to England to play some county teams in unofficial games.. likes of Tilak Varma, Brevis).

AshRK

Jaiswal is going to be the key here. He scores a quick 50 odd and RCB are done.

MDFC Manager

He's the least clutch player in all of India for last 20 years

This score really should be an easy target if Buttler was around.. but he's not..
Yeah he's good for 1, probably 2 effective innings thru the entire tournament.

I think we're short 15+ runs, but still, this can be made a game of.

AshRK

Such a silly shot by Jaiswal. Samson is the key here.

And as I type that he is gone. Two stupid shots.

zing

Zingle balls
Very good from the two West Indians to finish it.

Old Ma Crow

Shame RCB couldn’t carry their momentum into this match and score more. Well done RR.