Is football cancelled for the next week? | Man United-Leeds & Chelsea-Liverpool postponed

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Not gonna lie, this thread has been more entertaining than a lot of United games of the past few years, so there's that

BerryBerryShrew

I bet the Chelsea v Liverpool game gets called off. And I bet it's because they know the minutes silence will get interrupted and don't want the bad press.
Yep. I'm amazed they still play the national anthem on FA Cup final day for the same reason.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I bet the Chelsea v Liverpool game gets called off. And I bet it's because they know the minutes silence will get interrupted and don't want the bad press.
Yep, can't see there not being any booing for a paedo harbouring family to be fair. Naturally, I don't expect Chelsea fans to join in. :p

mav_9me

This will be bigger and also likely watched on TV by billions globally. They wouldn't want something to happen and be seen by the whole world. It's why I think fixtures will also be canceled next weekend.
Haha

68cob

What's the reason behind this?
Uefa said the rescheduling was "due to the severe limitations on police resources and organisational issues related to the ongoing events surrounding the national mourning for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II".

Stadjer

Don’t be so dam disrespectful. Why even post this. You don’t agree, fine but stop being such a troll.
Im just showing interest in these difficult times. In times like these people should look out for eachother. Also im a bit bored since i cant watch football :(

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
One week is okay. Just consider it an extraordinary event that you need to respect. Other countries have it too. But you dont want more than that, its not North Korea.

m1tch

One week is okay. Just consider it an extraordinary event that you need to respect. Other countries have it too. But you dont want more than that, its not North Korea.
We're not so different to North Korea. One political ideology in place for decades, multiple parties just there to give the impression of democracy, with a state broadcaster that cowers to the government.

Broadcasting that gives an impression of a national outpouring of grief over the loss of our dear leader. Not quite NK levels but then we're not going to get shot for not publicly grieving hard enough I suppose!

redshaw

Uefa said the rescheduling was "due to the severe limitations on police resources and organisational issues related to the ongoing events surrounding the national mourning for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II".
Queen's death hit Scotland harder than I thought. Hopefully the Scottish police have got most of the sorrow out by Wednesday as well as all the other mourning events in Glasgow.

phelans shorts

Why is there a lack of police on Tuesday and not Wednesday? Plus why cannot Napoli fans attend?
Why don’t you ask the police that question? The reasoning for the game being moved is policing, and I don’t work for the police.

The likelihood is that the vast majority of Napoli fans were booked to be back in Naples when the game is now happening, so to avoid an unfair advantage they’ve just decided to go with no away fans for either game. Seems reasonable to me.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
We're not so different to North Korea. One political ideology in place for decades, multiple parties just there to give the impression of democracy, with a state broadcaster that cowers to the government.

Broadcasting that gives an impression of a national outpouring of grief over the loss of our dear leader. Not quite NK levels but then we're not going to get shot for not publicly grieving hard enough I suppose!
At least you dont have to cut onions and pretend to cry on camera :D

redshaw

So Police are working on Monday and Wednesday but not Tuesday. Have the 9yo schoolboy footballers that the police had to control calmed down yet?
You must not be familiar with Rangers fans either. Tuesday is tea and biscuits day draped in the Union Jack..

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Think it's more it's the latest game on the Sunday, half 4 so London will be ridiculously busy on that day. But of course quietly they'd prefer not having that type of fixture played although it will be very tough to reschedule later on in the season if you both have good cup runs and go deep in europe as happened last season.

Spurs-leicester should be alright as that's on the Saturday and Brentford-Arsenal will be played in 18k capacity so should be able to manage that crowd especially as most of Brentford's support will be local.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Why don’t you ask the police that question? The reasoning for the game being moved is policing, and I don’t work for the police.

The likelihood is that the vast majority of Napoli fans were booked to be back in Naples when the game is now happening, so to avoid an unfair advantage they’ve just decided to go with no away fans for either game. Seems reasonable to me.
The real reason I would like to know.
How do you know the travel arrangements of the Napoli fans, some could even live in Scotland.

The statement has changed and now says "Additionally, no away supporters will be present at the match, allowing the club to make additional tickets available to MyGers members as a priority. "

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The schedule will be a mess I reckon. What if the FA decided to stop the count and finish the season instead? Arsenal the champions.

phelans shorts

The real reason I would like to know.
How do you know the travel arrangements of the Napoli fans, some could even live in Scotland.

The statement has changed and now says "Additionally, no away supporters will be present at the match, allowing the club to make additional tickets available to MyGers members as a priority. "
I travel all over Europe watching United. I’m aware of how the majority of fans who do the same do so because I’ve spent a lot of time around them. travel in day before the game, travel home day after is generally how folk do it. The logistics of finding out who can attend and putting them all together at this short notice would be an absolute nightmare, to the point no away fans just makes more sense organisationally.

The latter part is obviously what happens when away fans can no longer attend. What a stupid thing to raise issue with.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
I travel all over Europe watching United. I’m aware of how the majority of fans who do the same do so because I’ve spent a lot of time around them. travel in day before the game, travel home day after is generally how folk do it. The logistics of finding out who can attend and putting them all together at this short notice would be an absolute nightmare, to the point no away fans just makes more sense organisationally.

The latter part is obviously what happens when away fans can no longer attend. What a stupid thing to raise issue with.
Are you that naïve? This is about Rangers not having anyone in the ground who might not conform .

PoTMS

Tuesday is the last day the Queen/Royal Family are going to be in Scotland. Possibly why it's been moved to Wednesday.

Chelsea is MAD

Don’t be so dam disrespectful. Why even post this. You don’t agree, fine but stop being such a troll.
What is your problem? What he said isnt even serious, remotely anything. Go lay low until she is buried, otherwise youre going to have full on panic attacks on the internet.

Last edited: