Is football cancelled for the next week? | Man United-Leeds & Chelsea-Liverpool postponed

Snafu17

You are required to mourn for the requisite number of days. Anything less than the prescribed number of days in mourning is not satisfactory. Beep, boop.

Knightmare7

The Queen has passed and 90% of people are just worried matchdays are going to get cancelled. Not expressing an opinion either way, just quite amusing

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
This weekend's fixtures, I think so.

Big outcry if next weekend's fixtures go aswell, I imagine they'll be played and all London games will be played on Saturday if the funeral is going to be on a Sunday.

Uefa don't give a feck so will have european games next week regardless.

TOKUGAWA-X

The best way to celebrate the great life of the Queen is to have sold-out stadiums around the UK and give her a minute of silence and then a minute of applause.

She deserves such tribute.

Empty stadiums, no football would be sad to see.

Chief123

They truly will send most people into 10 days of mourning if they cancel the footy. It’s better to keep everyone happy and healthy and continue as normal.

the_cliff

The Queen has passed and 90% of people are just worried matchdays are going to get cancelled. Not expressing an opinion either way, just quite amusing
The majority of England is more worried about the football. For the majority of us here the Queen and her family is on a different stratosphere compare to us normal people.

PSV

To be fair football probably have 10 times the fans that the monarchy has, so the math just about checks out.

We need an rvn

Some of the posts on here are an utter disgrace.
Obviously no idea about history, respect or have any brains.

I hope the mods come down hard on them but no doubt they’ll give a warning and let these idiots post again

HookedOnAPhelan

I hope the mods come down hard on them but no doubt they’ll give a warning and let these idiots post again
Well said mate, it's utterly ridiculous to suggest football should be cancelled.

Kaos

Sorry for your loss.

Why the feck is the prematch coverage gone??

Chief123

Personally, it’s incredibly difficult for me to feel anything for a person who’s lived a very privileged life. A person who has been given that privilege through being born into that family. Not someone I have a say about.

I am genuinely more concerned about things in my life that make me happy being taken away from me due to someone who I can’t relate to at all passing away. RIP.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips

Do you mean that games have not been cancelled in the past but people saying that they will now be cancelled should be warned?

Strootman's Finger

You can't market your league all across the world, encourage people from all over to travel to your country to go to games only to cancel all the games and ruin the travel plans of 1000s of people because a figurehead dies.

Chief123

Reported.

Smithy89

You really want to get started on the history of the royals, goodluck buddy.

Red00012

Why would we be bothered …We didn’t know her :lol:

TsuWave

oh come on, right when Ten Hag's tricky reds were getting into form

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Don’t get how we’d fit all the games in though with the World Cup coming up aswell.

Flying_Heckfish

Representative of the apathy towards this event. Those that care are the minority. Sure we have lots of non-Brits here but I am seeing the same personally (I am British).

Red00012

Totally agree black armbands are a class act and a minutes silence would also be a nice touch