Is Fred the worst regular starter for United in living memory?

Offsideagain

He needs to continue his rejuvenated form. Is this down to Ole going or him waking up? I said when we signed him that he looked like a walking red card with some of the tackles he did. I hope he can score a few more but he’s gone from not being able to hit a barn door to the goal he scored today. Amazing!

Tyrion

I mean stepping on De Gea’s foot.

I think his passing is better higher up the pitch as he don’t have positional awareness to be a DM. In tight areas and when team mates are closer he is very good with one touch passing. I want to see that closer to opponent goal.

Support our player not whine about his passing. He is one of the only players who is improving his game constantly (Forward runs in the box, contributions to goals). And he will improve more.
I support the club. Not each and every player.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Fred has always been a good presser, doing those ugly things, but if he can keep this little run of assists, keeping the passing simple, and scoring the odd goal, then he'll be a key player for the new guy.
I think McTom is at way more risk of being booted mid term.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
This thread has been great for weeding out reactive posters who don’t understand who to blame for our not being great. Hint: it’s not Fred, he’s our best midfielder and has been for ages. I fecking love him. adding goals and assists and motm performances to his already freakish work rate? He’s unique.
Surely calls to lock the thread after one good game is more reactive?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
whose saying to lock it? It’s just the last few games have shown what some of us have realised a long time ago. He’s a special player if you use him right. You could even see it when he was trying to do everything himself. he seems mentally strong and he just keeps going. Perfect for a pressing coach. I’m just glad he’s getting some recognition again. He’s not a dm and it was a pity he was made play there and have to do his box to box one man press thing at the same time. There’s no other player out there doing all that, not in this league anyway. I understand he’s looked ridiculous at times but the manager set him up fail so often.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Lock this thread
Think this thread needs to be locked and archived now.
This thread should be locked.
whose saying to lock it? It’s just the last few games have shown what some of us have realised a long time ago. He’s a special player if you use him right. You could even see it when he was trying to do everything himself. he seems mentally strong and he just keeps going. Perfect for a pressing coach. I’m just glad he’s getting some recognition again. He’s not a dm and it was a pity he was made play there and have to do his box to box one man press thing at the same time. There’s no other player out there doing all that, not in this league anyway. I understand he’s looked ridiculous at times but the manager set him up fail so often.

Jean claude van hire

No mate it isn’t. You’ve missed the whole point. I dont honestly believe anyone here claims Fred is the greatest player to ever pull on the shirt but to suggest he’s the worst starter in living memory is frankly pathetic. I can think of a few current ones worse now, let alone living memory. Pathetic thread and pathetic to even support this theory in my very humble opinion.

Litch

No mate it isn’t. You’ve missed the whole point. I dont honestly believe anyone here claims Fred is the greatest player to ever pull on the shirt but to suggest he’s the worst starter in living memory is frankly pathetic. I can think of a few current ones worse now, let alone living memory. Pathetic thread and pathetic to even support this theory in my very humble opinion.
Point well made

justboy68

He's twice the player of his midfield partner. I like that no matter what Fred at least shows for the ball and makes himself available. Even when he is a having an absolute stinker. Centre mids that hide from the ball, really piss me off.

Highfather_24

Calls to end this thread "after one game" is not reactionary, because its not after one game. Fred had a really good 20/21 and 19/20 season. He started this season poorly(along with the rest of the team), but the way the whole forum scapegoated him was franly pathetic. Decent footballer, and should stay as a squad/rotation option in the mid/long term. Right now, a guaranteed started tbh.

kthanksbye

He's done really well off late, happy for the lad, it's all well and good in a team that is celebrating beating Palace at OT, these are the kind of results that have eluded us and it's good to look like a cohesive unit and get, what looks like, the best of Fred.
Having said that, his weaknesses are going to be exposed against top teams in the PL and in Europe, he could be a very useful player but I don't see how we'll challenge for titles with him in our midfield.
Probably thinking too far ahead, we've got a very winnable run of games in the next 10 fixtures, hope he keeps up the good work.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
, that tickled me, he isn't as bad as some say but he certainly isn't Robson 2.0,he was a great player.
I am looking forward to seeing how Fred plays improve with a better coach in charge
Yeah. I wasn't entirely serious if that wasn't clear.