Is it time to burst “Rashy’s” bubble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens the Red

Im not a fan of the ‘in house point scoring’ but this is truly a thread that deserves to be bumped every time Rashford delivers.

Ace of Spades

It shows sometimes the difference confidence makes to a player, he only really became a regular starter since last season, and he is getting better and better.

It also shows that you need to have patience with young players, and that inconsistencies will be part of their game. We have so many good talents from the academy, instead of writing them off immediately hope people can give them time to develop in peace without hating them because they are not world beaters by 20.

sugar_kane

Normally does my head in seeing this thread on page one but it cracked me up tonight so fair play

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
He would have been lucky to score one goal tonight if he was pushed out to the left wing.

I don't think he has the hold up play to play with his back to goal as a lone striker like martial would do at times.

But I feel to harness his true potential he needs to be playing in a more central position.

Am I right in thinking all 3 of his goals came from him being on the central right side of the pitch tonight?

El Zoido

Lock this thread please, it's a stain. He is a class act and World class this season.
No. Bump it every time just to highlight the embarrassing idiocy of the entire thread. I can’t get enough of seeing this at the top after Marcus puts in another world class performance.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Is it finally time to burst"@Raees's" bubble?
You do realise it is okay to be wrong? And if it means a united player is doing well then why would I be bothered? Also I wasn’t saying he was shite and not good enough for United - just saying he needed to work on his game to polish it and simplify it to turn him from a moments player to a 90 minute player - in the context of a title winning and UCL winning side - atm United are neither. In fairness to him he hasn’t simplified it per se, it is more he is making better decisions and under a more appropriate manager for his development.

RC89

World world class perfoemance tonight. But all those saying this vindicates him... It's one game. If he performs to 70% of tonight's level consistently then he will prove to be a fantastic player. But he does have very long stretches of poor performances and nothing is ever said of it. That being said, long may this sort of form continue. Absolutely incredible tonight.

He’s still only 22.... since the age of 18 it’s been obvious to the world that he and Martial could become world class.

I think people that doubt these young players when they have quiet a patch need to stop watching YouTube highlights of the other young players at other clubs that they think are better and instead watch them play week in week out for 4 years as they have Rashford.

AR87

Really harsh a lot of that even at the time. I said as much on the pod then. Rashford was a top talent, being asked to be a top player from his first day in the squad. That's not easy, but somehow he's seen it through and we are seeing him come out the other side as that. Great talent.

Red_toad

World world class perfoemance tonight. But all those saying this vindicates him... It's one game. If he performs to 70% of tonight's level consistently then he will prove to be a fantastic player. But he does have very long stretches of poor performances and nothing is ever said of it. That being said, long may this sort of form continue. Absolutely incredible tonight.
He's had numerous excellent games, not sure where you get it from it's one game! He's 22 and still not in his prime, excellent player who seems to be a target for a section of our fan base.

RC89

He's had numerous excellent games, not sure where you get it from it's one game! He's 22 and still not in his prime, excellent player who seems to be a target for a section of our fan base.
I mean today is one game and people are reacting after this one game (although this one performance in particular was incredible). Sure he's had good games before, no doubt. But for me he still shows poor judgement far too often and goes on dry spells too often also.

Withnail

I mean today is one game and people are reacting after this one game (although this one performance in particular was incredible). Sure he's had good games before, no doubt. But for me he still shows poor judgement far too often and goes on dry spells too often also.
One game?

He's got 29 goals and 13 assists in his last 53 games with a serious back injury thrown in for good measure at the age of 22.

Are you having laugh?

Lyng

Notice how much Martials game improved when Rashford came on. The way they constantly know where each other are and how they support each other is such a joy to watch.
And how fecking boss of a player do you have to be to have the chance of hattrick and still hand the penalty to your team mate so he can get a goal and some confidence.
I just love Marcus Rashford so much.

Varun

Staff
Fair to say, there's no need to burst "Rashy's" bubble. @Raees has already accepted he was wrong so let's just move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.