Is Jadon Sancho really worth the 100 plus million fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I don't get the sourness to Dortmund. They have a price and aren't playing games here. It's dead simple for us if we want him pay, if we waste another summer on a price, we can only blame ourselves. Got feck all to do with Dortmund taking a piss.
They did take the piss though. They've got good PR in fairness.
If we want him, pay but not 100m.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They did take the piss though. They've got good PR in fairness.
If we want him, pay but not 100m.
Why? He's their player. He has a contract for another couple years. They can set whatever price they want. There's no pisstake. Either deem it enough or move on.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Why? He's their player. He has a contract for another couple years. They can set whatever price they want. There's no pisstake. Either deem it enough or move on.
Yeah it's like trying to purchase something that has a sticker price at the supermarket, except it's actually a player transfer which has negotiation parts in it. As I said if they don't want to negotiate then let's just pursue players in other positions that we need. Because there's no chance their initial asking price would be what Sancho is worth. "They don't need money" anyway :rolleyes:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah it's like trying to purchase something that has a sticker price at the supermarket, except it's actually a player transfer which has negotiation parts in it. As I said if they don't want to negotiate then let's just pursue players in other positions that we need. Because there's no chance their initial asking price would be what Sancho is worth. "They don't need money" anyway :rolleyes:
If they needed the money last year, they would have been flexible. They didn't so they now have a new price, reduced from last year by around 25-30m.

As I said, he has a price, buyers can pay or move on. They aren't taking a piss by being clear on the required amount. You're just upset it's a lot of money, but a 21 year old world class talent with a couple years left on his deal is worth that. So as I said, we can pay or we can move on. Unsure why the frustration with Dortmund on just being transparent on the price, as they were last season.

Nori-

Considering the amount of times we've lost out on transfers over the years due to other teams coming in and not messing about......I really hope we get this Sancho deal done quickly.

Cant do another summer waiting until 11pm on deadline day for some good news.

wise_old_man

Possibly why we are seeing the links to Coman today, keep the pressure on BvB and maybe Sancho if he’s asking too much
Coman is like a reverse Gaitan.
Gaitan used our name every year for whatever reason. We also use Coman's name every year to "pressure" our sellers. It's tedious even to us fans.

wise_old_man

We agreed a £50m deal then Mourinho vetoed it because the press would have given him shit. Then when we came back the following season Leicester set the price and said pay upfront. City turned it down and we agreed.
Where did this story come from? I only remember reading Mourinho throwing a fit because Woodward didn't land him a single CB (He wanted Maguire). I didn't see any story about him vetoing the deal just because he was scared of the press.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If the price was £70m for either Sancho, or Grealish, who would people go for?

I'll admit I've been thinking about Grealish in our team more and more and it excites me. He'd be a talisman for us wherever he plays.
I suspect you won’t get either of them for 70m.
Sancho is priced at around 95-100m Euro (82-86m pound), whereas Grealish was quoted at 85-90m from Villa last summer. To be honest 70m won’t even get you Rice, who is quoted at 90m.

red thru&thru

Dortmund know what they're doing. Sancho and BVB will have had conversation and he will know what price it will take for him to leave, especially this year.

If a team meets those conditions and them try to be greedy, BVB risk being a team where emerging talent will stop going to them, as they will see it somewhere that you will find it difficultto leave from.

Afterall, BVB is a stepoing stone club. They no longer compete for and win major trophies anymore.

RkkMan

95m is quite steep, if true, I don't see us paying that for one player personally
Reckon it could be closer to €90m and this time they're willing to negotiate so we won't have to pay everything up front like BVB insisted last year(£108m UP FRONT). A deal similar to what we offered last summer of £80m up front(of course this year it'll likely be £60-70m) with a few realistic add ons could do the trick

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Think there's more chance of decent deals to be found this summer compared to last, when the market essentially closed up whilst clubs tried to work out exactly what the impact of Covid was going to be.

Now there are more clubs needing to get income in. There are reports of Wolves thinking or selling Neves for £30m.

Even with the revised asking price, I can't help but think there could be shrewder ways of spending €100m.

gajender

Reckon it could be closer to €90m and this time they're willing to negotiate so we won't have to pay everything up front like BVB insisted last year(£108m UP FRONT). A deal similar to what we offered last summer of £80m up front(of course this year it'll likely be £60-70m) with a few realistic add ons could do the trick
I think you got your terminology wrong you have got Guaranteed and Upfront figures mixed up. No way United are paying £60-70m upfront considering our cash flow . I think deal would be done at £65-75m guaranteed and some add ons ,first installment could be anywhere between £25-35m but not more as we have other issues in our team which need addressing as well.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
If the price was £70m for either Sancho, or Grealish, who would people go for?

I'll admit I've been thinking about Grealish in our team more and more and it excites me. He'd be a talisman for us wherever he plays.
Swap Martial for Sancho and then buy Grealish for 65M.

RkkMan

I think you got your terminology wrong you have got Guaranteed and Upfront figures mixed up. No way United are paying £60-70m upfront considering our cash flow . I think deal would be done at £65-75m guaranteed and some add ons ,first installment could be anywhere between £25-35m but not more as we have other issues in our team which need addressing as well.
Yeah you're right I meant guaranteed not necessarily up front but you get the point that there will be a small scope of reasonable negotiation this time

Hulksmash

70M max or move out. Time is over where u could rinse Man United.

United should aim Sancho on a Free at 2023 if they can't lower their demands

Judas

Open to offers
I don't really have a problem with these latest Dortmund musings, its us who know exactly what we need to do and just need to get it done. The price is lower, and he's worth it.

crossy1686

career ending
Where did this story come from? I only remember reading Mourinho throwing a fit because Woodward didn't land him a single CB (He wanted Maguire). I didn't see any story about him vetoing the deal just because he was scared of the press.
A quick Google: https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/16/manc...man-utd-jose-mourinho-harry-maguire-11169116/

This is obviously Metro but there's multiple sources if you just Google those keywords. United publicly blamed Mourinho via the Athletic for the Maguire deal being so expensive also.

crossy1686

career ending
If Dortmund decide to price everyone out again this summer then what will our business look like? Kane is probably too expensive this year also. So do we address the midfield and defence instead?

GJNJ

A quick Google: https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/16/manc...man-utd-jose-mourinho-harry-maguire-11169116/

This is obviously Metro but there's multiple sources if you just Google those keywords. United publicly blamed Mourinho via the Athletic for the Maguire deal being so expensive also.
I watch the Gary Neville Harry Maguire interview the other day and the reason it didn’t happen while Mourinho was here was because Leicester said they wanted one more season from Maguire then would allow him to leave and wouldn’t sell him before then.

He also said he had a choice between us and City (he had also spoken to pep) and chose us as he had grown up watching us and that we had been pursuing for a long time.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
That €95m includes as ons. Eventually think he will go for €90m including as ons. That's a more than fair price for a 21 year old who is already one of the best in his position.

Judas

Open to offers
The price is already cheaper than what we were apparently willing to offer last year and thats before any negotiations on the price has even happened. If we're still interested, which seems likely going by the media, I struggle to see how the deal doesn't happen?

romufc

The price is already cheaper than what we were apparently willing to offer last year and thats before any negotiations on the price has even happened. If we're still interested, which seems likely going by the media, I struggle to see how the deal doesn't happen?
Looks like Liverpool are interested this summer too.

The problem with united is, when another team is interested they seem to botch up the deal.

Could you imagine the uproar if this deal goes bad as well, plus all the ESL and Glazer out stuff?

theklr

The problem with united is, when another team is interested they seem to botch up the deal.
Fred, Maguire and Sanchez says otherwise.

If anything we panic and spend to much money when others are interested.

I'm fairly certain Liverpool and Chelsea links are just BVB desperately trying to create a market for him.

gajender

Could you imagine the uproar if this deal goes bad as well, plus all the ESL and Glazer out stuff?

Are they though have any of reputable Liverpool journalists confirmed their interest most noise is coming out of Germany and this nonsense about us botching up deals when others are interested needs to stop you win some you lose some.

If past few years have taught us anything if we come up against our PL counterparts for players we usually get them not the other way round.

cyberman

Yeah how awful for them as they get to keep him for another season. I'm sure they will really feel like they lost.
Well they kept him, he sulked for half a season to the point they barely made top 4 and are now selling him at 20 percent off.
At least they stuck it to big, bad Utd.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We lost £100 in the past year, we got two young RWs and we have other priorities? Losing Harry only highlight the other priorities.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Well they kept him, he sulked for half a season to the point they barely made top 4 and are now selling him at 20 percent off.
At least they stuck it to big, bad Utd.
The point is that they don't want or need to sell him so if they don't sell them they do not 'lose'.

Status
Not open for further replies.