Is Jadon Sancho really worth the 100 plus million fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Who actually has the cash for Sancho/where would he go? For me, this should be a fairly easy transfer for Utd. Dippers won't spend £75m+ on him, City won't have him back owing to the embarrassment and Chelsea don't need him.

In Spain, Barca are broke and Real aren't far off. If this doesn't get completed I will be amazed as the only way I can see it not happening is if Chelsea go hard for him and he chooses London.

croadyman

Sometimes I really wish we had seen Grealish actually play on the RW then maybe we would prioritise signing him over Jadon

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
None of those would move for that price this summer, clubs have less money to spend. Those are pre-corona valuations. Outside of Mbappe I doubt anyone's going to spend more than £70m on a single player given all clubs have been nursing major losses this year. So either clubs reduce their valuations or more likely players just stay where they are.
And clubs are not selling them for lower price either, that’s the reality of this market.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Worth every penny for the creativity he would bring to this team. Not that were winning anything major until we make other changes of course. But he'd be a crucial addition.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
There are seriously 0 excuses for not getting this done early. If we want to respond to the disappointing loss in the final, we need to make a statement of intent in the transfer window. Which means getting our transfer business done early with quality signings to address our weak points. Otherwise we'll go into next season with an incredibly negative mood, and rightly so.

Nori-

If the lack of trophies has made Sancho rethink his move this summer and he ends up at somewhere like Chelsea (CL winners?) or LFC (CL football confirmed) then I cant forgive these owners/manager.

I won't watch this team again until at the very least OGS is gone.

jackal&hyde

With our only options for wide attacker a kid with little pro experience and one that most think is not good enough and people think we should prioritize CF or DM. We've run Rashford in to the ground by playing him so much while even injured because of our lack of options here.

Sancho must be our nr. 1 priority this summer.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
After today’s performance , I am convinced we need Sancho. Cant rely all on Rashford throughout the whole season. We need other options who is capable of creating and breaking defense.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
After today’s performance , I am convinced we need Sancho. Cant rely all on Rashford throughout the whole season. We need other options who is capable of creating and breaking defense.
We absolutely need Sancho.

Widow

People worry that Sancho is stronger when playing from the left and we need a right winger. Rashfords performance tonight shows he needs to be pushed more, let Sancho play on the left some games and Rashford sit on the Bench, maybe up his game with stronger competition!

lex talionis

We absolutely need Sancho.
You've got nearly 80k posts to your name, so you don't need me to tell you how right you are.

The morons of the world like Goldbridge can fukk off with their ridiculous hipster claim that we need a CDM more than we need Sancho. Tonight was conclusive proof, as if we needed any more, that we struggle to create chances against bus parkers. Sancho doesn't solve everything, but he's an important part of the solution up front we need to be honest about if we're going to push for a PL trophy next season.

croadyman

People worry that Sancho is stronger when playing from the left and we need a right winger. Rashfords performance tonight shows he needs to be pushed more, let Sancho play on the left some games and Rashford sit on the Bench, maybe up his game with stronger competition!
Yeah either Jadon or Jack (highly unlikely) needs to come in this summer and give Marcus a proper kick up the arse

Widow

Yeah either Jadon or Jack (highly unlikely) needs to come in this summer and give Marcus a proper kick up the arse
There's a player in Rashy when he's init but playing just over fifty games has taken its toll.

Tells isn't the greatest LB but he has pushed Shaw into a better play (Shaws words) hopefully Rashford will get that same competition next season

croadyman

There's a player in Rashy when he's init but playing just over fifty games has taken its toll.

Tells isn't the greatest LB but he has pushed Shaw into a better play (Shaws words) hopefully Rashford will get that same competition next season
He has been way overplayed and Ole is now suffering for making that decision

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
There are seriously 0 excuses for not getting this done early. If we want to respond to the disappointing loss in the final, we need to make a statement of intent in the transfer window. Which means getting our transfer business done early with quality signings to address our weak points. Otherwise we'll go into next season with an incredibly negative mood, and rightly so.
You must be new to the rodeo.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
I think when you look at our starting XI which was pretty much the best players we have (bar the absence of Maguire) and bench last night it was screaming out for having a quality creative player to come on and change the game.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If the lack of trophies has made Sancho rethink his move this summer and he ends up at somewhere like Chelsea (CL winners?) or LFC (CL football confirmed) then I cant forgive these owners/manager.

Bye. Grass is greener over there

Lyng

You've got nearly 80k posts to your name, so you don't need me to tell you how right you are.

The morons of the world like Goldbridge can fukk off with their ridiculous hipster claim that we need a CDM more than we need Sancho. Tonight was conclusive proof, as if we needed any more, that we struggle to create chances against bus parkers. Sancho doesn't solve everything, but he's an important part of the solution up front we need to be honest about if we're going to push for a PL trophy next season.
To be fair I think we need both.

Dante

Average bang
Sometimes I really wish we had seen Grealish actually play on the RW then maybe we would prioritise signing him over Jadon
Absolutely.

Sancho is an incredible player who's one of the biggest threats in the world at counter-attacking football. The thing is, United are already brilliant at that. It would be poor squad building to add another similar player to what we have, imo. An improvement, no doubt. But not a huge one.

Grealish, on the other hand, would give us something different. Not to mention the fact that he's a playmaker who can set the tempo for the team (something we've been crying out for). He'd be a completely new dimension to our attacking play.

You only need to watch their respective highlight reels to see what they excel at and how that might complement United. In the case of Grealish, it would be by adding something new: a completely different weapon in our arsenal rather than a slight upgrade on an existing one.

If reports are true that the United squad have told Ole they want Grealish, I'm with them on that one. I don't see Sancho as a target we should be prioritising. He might be worth £100m to somebody, but not United, imo.

Last edited:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Bye. Grass is greener over there
Only in difficult times, you find the measure of a man fan.

It's so pathetic and embarrassing the type of 'fans' we have. They only expect silverware and good times and jump the moment that it isn't achieved. I still remember United being a cup team under Ron. (Barely remember Dave Sexton.) And I am still standing.

bsCallout

Good. Hope you won't visit the cafe either.

croadyman

Absolutely.

Sancho is an incredible player who's one of the biggest threats in the world at counter-attacking football. The thing is, United are already brilliant at that. It would be poor squad building to add another similar player to what we have, imo. An improvement, no doubt. But not a huge one.

Grealish, on the other hand, would give us something different. Not to mention the fact that he's a playmaker who can set the tempo for the team (something we've been crying out for). He'd be a completely new dimension to our attacking play.

You only need to watch their respective highlight reels to see what they excel at and how that might complement United. In the case of Grealish, it would be by adding something new: a completely different weapon in our arsenal rather than a slight upgrade on an existing one.

If reports are true that the United squad have told Ole they want Grealish, I'm with them on that one. I don't see Sancho as a target we should be prioritising. He might be worth £100m to somebody, but not United, imo.
Yeah how loud do the players have to shout on this one (if true of course) for someone at the club to do something about it and you only need to look at Ronny in 2003 for a perfect example of how players raving about someone in the opposition can turn out very well indeed

GlasgowCeltic

Think he'll look out of place sitting on the right wing in the Prem, hope it's not setting him up to fail. potentially replacing Mane might be his best option.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Sancho to push Rashford out for 6 months while he get operations or whatever and heals up. It’s a no brainier. Rashford would be a sub/squad player on the basis of the last 6 months. If he can get fit and get back in over Sancho after that then fair enough. That can only be good news for us but if Im giving up on replying to people who say we don’t need Sancho or Grealish because we have Rashford and Greenwood anymore. Use your eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.