Is Jim Ratcliffe still interested in buying Manchester United? Yes

The Irish Connection

Keep targeting the sponsors all. This can be as simple as clicking on their google ads a few times. Ideally though, hit their email contact with a clear message that you will boycott and spread the word until they sell.

stw2022

I think the answer to the thread titles question is no. However he is interested in the publicity being linked affords him.

Obvious to me. I'll change my mind when he puts in a bid. Those who claim it can't be a publicity stunt because he's already a successful billionaire and doesn't need the attention, should really pay attention to other billionaires that are attention-seeking media whores. It's a rather long list.

Convincing people there's an imminent change of ownership that they can help facilitate by taking action, joining a mailing list, becoming a member, or buying some merchandise is an extremely lucrative business and has been for many years.

clarkydaz

supposedly a consortium are meeting the club about an initial 26% hopefully rising to 51%. Ratcliffe involved, proof of funds have been established

Wezzaldo

supposedly a consortium are meeting the club about an initial 26% hopefully rising to 51%. Ratcliffe involved, proof of funds have been established

Why’s he talking like a British tourist trying to speak to a foreign waiter?

red thru&thru

Obvious to me. I'll change my mind when he puts in a bid. Those who claim it can't be a publicity stunt because he's already a successful billionaire and doesn't need the attention, should really pay attention to other billionaires that are attention-seeking media whores. It's a rather long list.

Convincing people there's an imminent change of ownership that they can help facilitate by taking action, joining a mailing list, becoming a member, or buying some merchandise is an extremely lucrative business and has been for many years.

Not how billionaires do their business?

RopersReturn

I don’t think they have any intention of selling, certainly not for £4billion at least. They’re still trying to fly this idea of some form of super league/cup which will massively boost their revenue streams once the US market picks it up, doubling United’s net value and more precisely, their personal wealth.

pascell

I don’t think they have any intention of selling, certainly not for £4billion at least. They’re still trying to fly this idea of some form of super league/cup which will massively boost their revenue streams once the US market picks it up, doubling United’s net value and more precisely, their personal wealth.
Can fly the idea as much as they want, they're not going to turn it into a reality.

LoneStar

Is that a reputable source? Sorry, don't have time to watch the video rn.

stw2022

First Mike Keegan now Webby and O'Neil
Pretty much confirmed then

LoneStar

Webby and O'Neil have connection to Class of '92. They will have connections to others.

I personally believe them. But who am I? :lol:
Ah okay, let's all hope it is true then! If they agree for a 26% stake, surely that means they will sell it entirely soon.

The Irish Connection

Great news! This is positive no doubt. Talks are happening. Jim Ratcliffe will definitely want a controlling stake eventually.

Flying high

There does indeed. Interesting tactic by the Glazers to make it around 26% first. I wonder why thia tactic?
Probably because the glazers see this as a money making scheme. A more complicated sale process increases their chances to rinse investors and the club.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
A substantial investment of this amount will not be open ended.
There will be many conditions that would ensure the eventual control to the investors.
Should this not materialize than the cost to the Glazers will be prohibitive.

If there is a meeting scheduled, then there is hope.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
You can call Webby and O'Neill what you like/criticise how they talk. One thing neither of them are is a sensationalist.

stw2022

I honestly don't know what links someone has to the class of 92 has to do with anything. The owners are probably not likely to tell tell even the current chief executive until the time comes when the deal has already been complete.

Transactions of this nature are highly sensitive and information regarding them is highly protected on the Strictly need to know basis. I would sincerely doubt they are consulting with Paul Scholes over the whole affair

stw2022

You can call Webby and O'Neill what you like/criticise how they talk. One thing neither of them are is a sensationalist.
something else neither of them all is terribly credible on such matters. This isn't a criticism of them directly however given what we know about the glazer family and how secretive they are and how highly sensitive this information is it's very unlikely to people with a YouTube podcasts are going to have the inside scoop. At some point we have to accept we are believing this and suspending our own legitimate disbelief not because we actually believe this is happening but because we want to believe it is and they are two entirely different things

It is kind of on par with believing that the next big development in the Ukrainian has been uncovered by Tony cascarino on Talksport.

"Tony's close friends with Michael Burke"

regardless of Circumstance two blokes with a podcast on the internet are not the first people to know of a multibillion-pound takeover of one of world's most valuable sports teams. I'm sorry they are just not they can have links to the class of 92 they can have a photograph of themselves and Clayton Blackmore sellotaped to the downstairs toilet wall they are not credible sources when it comes to the stories the only reason why they are given that mantle is because everybody is desperate to believe this story is true

clarkydaz

I honestly don't know what links someone has to the class of 92 has to do with anything. The owners are probably not likely to tell tell even the current chief executive until the time comes when the deal has already been complete.

Transactions of this nature are highly sensitive and information regarding them is highly protected on the Strictly need to know basis. I would sincerely doubt they are consulting with Paul Scholes over the whole affair
theyve been approached by people in the consortium. Ive no idea why you are in these threads anymore

pascell

Bet you're a hoot at parties.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Sounds like @crossy1686's 'prophecy' came true but some still refuse to believe it.

Hopefully, there's enough momentum to get rid of the Glazer plague eventually.

stw2022

Webby & O Neill.
Seems legit :lol:

It's odd. If this was a transfer deal they wouldn't pass the threshold to be included in the Twitter thread, much less a new topic. And this isn't a transfer story. This is a multibillion-pound takeover.

The confirmation bias is rank and a bit daft. But maybe Hawksbee and Jacobs can shed some light on thistomorrow because heaven forbid actual well sourced financial journalist actually get the scoop on this.

We're a few days away from tracking flights and looking out for an ITK who uses 'BOOM'

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Is it really on , there seems to be something happening? I see Howson on at the minute about this. Webby and O'Neill are a mouthpiece for Gary Neville (not that he needs another mouth) and Co92 but this may give them the link to Sir Jim.

Coops73

I have zero knowledge or any idea how huge billion pound investments/business like this works but are some of the richest people on the planet really going to Webby and O’Neil to chat about it?…….Nah!

red thru&thru

Probably because the glazers see this as a money making scheme. A more complicated sale process increases their chances to rinse investors and the club.
Yeah, good shout.

However, any investor who comes in will want particular assurances, whatever they may be, to be able to get the rest of the controlling stake.

red thru&thru

People coming in here saying "this is not how billion pound deals get done", have no clue.

Such types of acquisitions can, and do, happen in public.

Last edited:

Hammondo

Which is why I said 4bn, with investment pledges. And that was on a club that was practically put on sale by force. Man Utd would require its valuation + debt clearance and on top of that whatever the Glazers would want for potentially lost profits. When that is all well and done there would also be a need for significant investment into the stadium and fascilities of the club.

At 3.7 bn valuation, the minimum price is 4bn - given that the club could be valued significantly higher in 5 years time - there is no way they are accepting a low ball offer of 4 bn. The brand is still very strong, the club's revenues are not dropping significantly and we remain one of the richest clubs in the world - despite being unsuccessful on the pitch. With the new TV deals in the US coming into play, an increasing market presence globally. The club's valuation will only go up.

The debt is a red herring as well. 500M debt on an asset currently valued at 3.7bn is not a lot. Most of the debt is on fixed interest, so interest changes are irrelevant. We're not over-leveraged.

The Glazers reportedly believed a 7bn valuation was well within the club's potential just a year ago - the Chelsea sale will have increased that belief. They flat out rejected the Saudis offer of 3.8bn. Negotiations went no further, likely because the Glazers at the time wanted closer to their prospective 6-7bn valuation. After the Chelsea sale, it could well be higher.
The companies debt is included in the valuation, it's a negative taken off. Why would future earnings be added on?

4b would probably be fair, just as Forbes said, they might hold out for more, but since the club needs investment they probably won't get much more.

croadyman

I have zero knowledge or any idea how huge billion pound investments/business like this works but are some of the richest people on the planet really going to Webby and O’Neil to chat about it?…….Nah!
Very true but Webby used to work in security for the club so he would have made contacts

Kaos

Webby and O’Neil also came out last season with the exclusive reveal that we’d agreed to appoint Pochettino. Sure fire stuff.