Is Jim Ratcliffe still interested in buying Manchester United? Yes

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And I'll just sit here smug at those who refused to accept it when I said the Glazers will not sell the club, and have no intentions of selling back when all this crap about Ratcliffe originally broke.
Brilliant mate, chuffed for you.

What other stuff do you revel in being right about? The environment crumbling? Energy and money crises?

LARulz

If it was for sale he'd have made a move weeks ago. It's just confirmation that we are stuck with these guys

Zippycup

And I'll just sit here smug at those who refused to accept it when I said the Glazers will not sell the club, and have no intentions of selling back when all this crap about Ratcliffe originally broke.
One of the worst things I've ever read. Anywhere.

redcucumber

Fantastic thing to be smug about.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Good little boy - you must have been the only one who thought this
No, but I did get mildly abused by those who didn't want to believe it.

I see also people are still being odd about it making out that me being right about this is in some way me being happy about it.

I was a founder member of FC United and a paid up member of shareholders United back when we were a PLC. I then let my investment roll into MUST. My opposition to the Glazers is backed by action, even if it's remote and small in the grand scheme.

stw2022

We’re not for sale until someone makes an offer high enough.
But that goes for every business on the planet. Yet that isn't the basis for speculation.

Whipping fans into buying a paper, subscribing to something, engaging on social media, becoming a member or joining a mailing list because of baseless speculation they are interested in selling is a well established thing now

Mike Keegan wrote article few weeks back that was literally nothing than 'in theory if they were interested Dubai could afford us' and everyone lost their shit

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
If we're trying to stay positive the fact he met with the leeches would at least suggest to me there has been the conversation.

Giggsyking

We’re not for sale until someone makes an offer high enough.
United will only be sold for huge amount of money like 6b. If one day the Qataris decide to leave PSG, they will 100% turn their eyes to united.

RopersReturn

So if Ratcliffe can’t or is no longer interested in buying us, then how the hell is anyone likely to succeed in wrenching ownership from the clutches of the Glazers, it seems like an impossible situation now.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Same old story as expected, we're not for sale.
Think about it. They're out in the middle of nowhere with some club they barely know. They looks around them, what does they see? Nothing but fans that hate them. “Oh, there’s nowhere for me to run, what's Jim gonna do, say no?

Cause if the Glazers said no, then the answer obviously is no. The thing is that they're not gonna say no, they'd never say no…because of the implication.

TheReligion

Abusive

I see also people are still being odd about it making out that me being right about this is in some way me being happy about it.

I was a founder member of FC United and a paid up member of shareholders United back when we were a PLC. I then let my investment roll into MUST. My opposition to the Glazers is backed by action, even if it's remote and small in the grand scheme.
Of course no one wants to believe it as every true United fan wants the club to change hands.

Seems a bit odd to be smug about it especially towards genuine United fans who are desperate for change.

Perhaps you chose the wrong words so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.

GaryLifo

Fascinating that I'm getting abuse for being correct. Maybe smug was the wrong word... perhaps justified in my views would have been better way to express it.

My point was, people were getting very giddy despite there being not one but of evidence that the Glazers would sell the club.

Chief123

Yeah you sit there nice n comfy buddy while the rest of us sit here nice and smug reflecting on your views before the Everton game….

I don't trust the players to work hard enough to win this one. Too many of them in the last two games just did not make the sprints needed to press the opposition. I find it incredible and it makes me extremely annoyed
United won't win this. Our players collectively do not apply themselves to the fight enough. They did it against Liverpool and to a lesser extent against Arsenal, but the last two games show they don't realise you have to do that in every single game these days.
@TheReligion @Sandikan @JJ12 @Zippycup Would you like some more tea lads?

Chairman Steve

Basically nothing new to report from what we already know. I’m sure Ratcliffe will downplay it somewhat to avoid someone else coming in with a potentially better offer and he’ll give praise to the Glazers to keep them sweet.

TheReligion

Abusive
So if Ratcliffe can’t or is no longer interested in buying us, then how the hell is anyone likely to succeed in wrenching ownership from the clutches of the Glazers, it seems like an impossible situation now.
Well he’s interested it’s just they won’t sell. If that changes then we are on.

GaryLifo

Of course no one wants to believe it as every true United fan wants the club to change hands.

Seems a bit odd to be smug about it especially towards genuine United fans who are desperate for change.

Perhaps you chose the wrong words so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.
You are right, smug was the wrong word to use. It wasn't directed at all United fans in any case. Just those who were acting like cnuts when I tried to make my point.

LordSpud

You literally said "I'll just sit here smug..." and so on, you could've done your petty told you so schtick without making yourself look like a fool.

Coops73

Why would he have met the glazers if not to talk about the sale? Surely they would of said “Nah, you’re all right mate, not interested” through intermediaries or a bloody email? Why would they have met and wasted Ratcliffes and they’re own time?

GaryLifo

You literally said "I'll just sit here smug..." and so on, you could've done your petty told you so schtick without making yourself look like a fool.
Okay, and I've already acknowledged it wasn't the best word to use.

Can we move on from that now or not?

redcucumber

Why would he have met the glazers if not to talk about the sale? Surely they would of said “Nah, you’re all right mate, not interested” through intermediaries or a bloody email? Why would they have met and wasted Ratcliffes and they’re own time?
They might have sat down and told him they'd happily sell 25% for £2b or something obscene. They are fecking leeches.

Chief123

This is the best you can do? The first quote wasn't even wrong. 3/10 there.
It’s just a weird thing to kick back and feel smug about considering you had zero knowledge of the details, zero contacts and zero people on the inside. You just took a hunch with the outcome that wasn’t what Utd fans wanted to hear.

Even the ones who did get excited about it, probably knew deep down the glazers would be hard work and defiant. The fact that has been confirmed today is nothing to sit back and feel proud about.

LordSpud

Okay, and I've already acknowledged it wasn't the best word to use.

Can we move on from that now or not?
Yeah there's more important things i.e. getting those parasites out.

I will say, its a very good sign that the man himself has come out publicly and stated that he would definitely buy the club. There is definitely 100% a viable buyer there which is something that we haven't been able to say before. Good signs I guess. Just whether they can be forced out is the issue. I fully expect this to jumpstart the 1958 into arranging bigger scale protests at pretty much most games and maybe even further action.

Woodzy

Billionaires calling each other the nicest of people is amazing.
To be fair, there’s a chance he expects they will want to sell eventually, and not sure it’s the best idea to go into those talks after having called them cnuts previously

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Hopefully this is a dog whistle to get the fans to ramp up the pressure on the Glazers.
I have maintained this for the longest. It's giving the fans something to aim for with the protests and also signal to the Glazers they can't just ignoring what their customers want forever.

GaryLifo

It’s just a weird thing to kick back and feel smug about considering you had zero knowledge of the details, zero contacts and zero people on the inside. You just took a hunch with the outcome that wasn’t what Utd fans wanted to hear.

Even the ones who did get excited about it, probably knew deep down the glazers would be hard work and defiant. The fact that has been confirmed today is nothing to sit back and feel proud about.
Well we've established that smug was a poor choice of words and I've acknowledged it.

Zero contacts yes. But I made my argument based upon what I've seen the Glazers do for 17 years and what was pretty likely given every decision they've made while owning the club.

I've put my money where my mouth is in contributing in a small way to opposing the Glazers ownership of United. If people want to object to my word use then fine, but please nobody ever accuse me of being happy about who owns the club.

Swedish_Plumber

To be fair, there’s a chance he expects they will want to sell eventually, and not sure it’s the best idea to go into those talks after having called them cnuts previously
Yeah I agree there! Just doubt any billionaire is nice either way :lol: