Is Jim Ratcliffe still interested in buying Manchester United? Yes

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Webby and O’Neil also came out last season with the exclusive reveal that we’d agreed to appoint Pochettino. Sure fire stuff.
We agreed to appoint him but then we didn't appoint him, could have been feeling out options who knows.

Fan channels though are full of shite, but it doesn't mean a takeover isn't happening [it probably isn't happening though]

Kaos

We agreed to appoint him but then we didn't appoint him, could have been feeling out options who knows.

Fan channels though are full of shite, but it doesn't mean a takeover isn't happening [it probably isn't happening though]
No I'm pretty sure it was more conclusive than that. They went all in with the 'Pochettino will be next Man United manager, you heard it here first' claim, which obviously backfired.

ROFLUTION

Please god, let it happen - There should be more talk about change of ownership regardless of recent results.

Recent good games = 4. Recent bad years = 10.

stw2022

No I'm pretty sure it was more conclusive than that. They went all in with the 'Pochettino will be next Man United manager, you heard it here first' claim, which obviously backfired.

This is how these things work. You hear a rumour/story that you think seems credible and you pretend to 'confirm' it, the gamble being that if it happens you've got 'ITK' status forevermore. If it doesn't then you do it several times a transfer window. It only has to not backfire once.

All it involves is reading the papers and taking calculated risks as to which rumour to run with.

crossy1686

career ending
Sounds like @crossy1686's 'prophecy' came true but some still refuse to believe it.

Hopefully, there's enough momentum to get rid of the Glazer plague eventually.
Watched the stock again yesterday and it seems as though there was a lot of people playing the earnings when you see how hard it dumped on market open. Surprisingly it pretty much recovered throughout the day, and you don’t buy the dip unless you think it’s going above that point.

Spoony

The People's President
Watched the stock again yesterday and it seems as though there was a lot of people playing the earnings when you see how hard it dumped on market open. Surprisingly it pretty much recovered throughout the day, and you don’t buy the dip unless you think it’s going above that point.

So, what do you think is happening?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Sounds like @crossy1686's 'prophecy' came true but some still refuse to believe it.

Hopefully, there's enough momentum to get rid of the Glazer plague eventually.
Nothing has 'come true'.

The Glazers have been looking to sell a bit part of shares in United for months in order to drive investment rather than putting in their own cash. They were in talks with an American group recently in which nothing has as yet materialised.

These recent rumours surrounding Ratcliffe are essentially riding the wave of what's coming from Knighton recently, as in talks are ongoing behind the scenes. This doesn't t mean talks with Glazers per se, but the plans surrounding the takeover is ongoing between different parties.

crossy1686

career ending
So, what do you think is happening?
It’s hard to tell at this point. Traders chase news because news creates liquidity and volatility in a stock. Since the Bloomberg story that United were up for partial sale the stock has been pretty liquid and seen way more volume, some of which have been extremely big buys from one or more persons.

Stocks usually dump into earnings so I’m not surprised that happened, but I am surprised it recovered quite well considering the losses posted yesterday. That drawback provided the perfect opportunity for someone to get in at a lower price if there is going to be a bigger move down the line.

Right now there’s a lot of ‘noise’ in the stock but there’s still clear evidence of insider trading when you consider the size and timing of some of the big buys, especially when you consider the earnings post summer were always going to be bad due to no football being played.

crossy1686

career ending
Nothing has 'come true'.

The Glazers have been looking to sell a bit part of shares in United for months in order to drive investment rather than putting in their own cash. They were in talks with an American group recently in which nothing has as yet materialised.

These recent rumours surrounding Ratcliffe are essentially riding the wave of what's coming from Knighton recently, as in talks are ongoing behind the scenes. This doesn't t mean talks with Glazers per se, but the plans surrounding the takeover is ongoing between different parties.
Impossible to say nothing has happened. It's best for all parties that no one knows about a potential deal until the deal is done, otherwise it could get very expensive for either party involved. The stock suggests something is happening or someone know's something is happening.

Champ

Impossible to say nothing has happened. It's best for all parties that no one knows about a potential deal until the deal is done, otherwise it could get very expensive for either party involved. The stock suggests something is happening or someone know's something is happening.
I didn't say nothing has happened, I said nothing has materialised, which is the truth.

Currently we know there are/have been talks with the Glazers from interested parties in buying a small percentage of shares (around 10% or so was the figure from the Apollo links)
Knighton has also alluded to the fact that plans are still ongoing to buy a percentage also/possible hostile takeover funds and support permitting.

The stock suggests people are gambling that something will/is happening, doesn't necessarily mean something immediately will happen. These things take time and I highly doubt anything will be announced anytime soon, as much as I hope I'm wrong!

crossy1686

career ending
I didn't say nothing has happened, I said nothing has materialised, which is the truth.

Currently we know there are/have been talks with the Glazers from interested parties in buying a small percentage of shares (around 10% or so was the figure from the Apollo links)
Knighton has also alluded to the fact that plans are still ongoing to buy a percentage also/possible hostile takeover funds and support permitting.

The stock suggests people are gambling that something will/is happening, doesn't necessarily mean something immediately will happen. These things take time and I highly doubt anything will be announced anytime soon, as much as I hope I'm wrong!
While I would normally agree, people don’t gamble in stocks, especially with very large sums of money. No successful trader puts $450k into a stock to watch it get cut in half, as you can imagine, they wouldn’t be in the business of trading for very long if they habitually made trades like that. A stock traders mindset when entering a trade is “how much can I potentially lose and how do I avoid it”, not “I’m going to make a tonne of cash!”.

What makes it even stranger is Man Utd is a dead stock with no liquidity or volatility 99% of the time, meaning your chances for potential gain are next to none. Despite that, someone or a couple of people who are possibly privy to something have put down a very large amount of cash.

I’ll continue to watch the stock and update here accordingly, more big spikes in the stock will indicate something is happening and the bigger the move the more imminent the news. Every time I’ve posted in here about large volume entering their stock, roughly 2 days later a news story has broke about a potential takeover. Could be manipulation, could be valid. We’ll find out in time.

red thru&thru

While I would normally agree, people don’t gamble in stocks, especially with very large sums of money. No successful trader puts $450k into a stock to watch it get cut in half, as you can imagine, they wouldn’t be in the business of trading for very long if they habitually made trades like that. A stock traders mindset when entering a trade is “how much can I potentially lose and how do I avoid it”, not “I’m going to make a tonne of cash!”.

What makes it even stranger is Man Utd is a dead stock with no liquidity or volatility 99% of the time, meaning your chances for potential gain are next to none. Despite that, someone or a couple of people who are possibly privy to something have put down a very large amount of cash.

I’ll continue to watch the stock and update here accordingly, more big spikes in the stock will indicate something is happening and the bigger the move the more imminent the news. Every time I’ve posted in here about large volume entering their stock, roughly 2 days later a news story has broke about a potential takeover. Could be manipulation, could be valid. We’ll find out in time.
As always, appreciate the details you provide. Helps understanding the stock market in general, and what it could mean for United.

red thru&thru

I'd dare say that nobody on here has been involved in a billion pound deal
Agreed. There's one particular poster in here who comes in and says how things do or don't happen in regads to billion pound deals. However, just by going of their logic for their argument, you can tell they have no clue. But yet, they come in hear spouting out rubbish.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
First thing I saw on Twitter this morning was #GlazersSellManUtd trending. Immediate deflation to discover it was another #GlazersOut hashtag and and not the news we dream of. :(

Champ

Makes sense. Although if there's no volatility then the chance to lose something is reduced, is there not just a case of people putting money behind something whereby its a safe option, almost as a placeholder? Granted the timing is convenient!

We already know however that something is going on, so surely the spike is down to that as well as the financial figures being released?

Generally the stock seems to gain when rumours are abound, for example when Elon Musk tweeted something, when Ratcliffe mentioned he was potentially interested.

In the past month we have had Apollo potentially purchasing a percentage, Glazers have pretty much confirmed they are looking for investment, and in the past few days we have had Knighton tweet that things are progressing behind the scenes, no real explanation as to what the plans are though other than trying to raise the funds I guess.

I'd say that combined with the latest figures are probably the reason behind what we are seeing rather than anything imminent with the Glazers selling up.

But as you say, we'll have to watch this space.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Is it really on , there seems to be something happening? I see Howson on at the minute about this. Webby and O'Neill are a mouthpiece for Gary Neville (not that he needs another mouth) and Co92 but this may give them the link to Sir Jim.
Imagine howson, webby and O'neill reaction if rio and gaz end up into an argument

Tarrou

that lad who likes to tell us this isn’t how billion pound deals are done will be along soon to tell us, once again, this isn’t how billion pound deals are done

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
that lad who likes to tell us this isn’t how billion pound deals are done will be along soon to tell us, once again, this isn’t how billion pound deals are done
He probably asked the same loaded question for that Q&A

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
And I'll just sit here smug at those who refused to accept it when I said the Glazers will not sell the club, and have no intentions of selling back when all this crap about Ratcliffe originally broke.

TheReligion

Abusive
And I'll just sit here smug at those who refused to accept it when I said the Glazers will not sell the club, and have no intentions of selling back when all this crap about Ratcliffe originally broke.
Sit smug whilst the club goes down the shitter

Top man!

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Good little boy - you must have been the only one who thought this