Is Jim Ratcliffe still interested in buying Manchester United? Yes

Speako

Keep chipping away Jim. Chip, chip, chip, little by little. We’ll get there.

By the way, the pack of wolves mentality at very quickly rounding on @GaryLifo, reached a far lower level than his stupidly worded post. Daft, yes, but Putinesque ? No.

Guess it’s why I’ll never be on Twitter.

Telsim

The parasites made the deal of a lifetime. They aren't selling. They'd be fools to do so. The most likely time this club gets sold, barring extraordinary circumstances, is when Joel dies of old age. Probably 30 years from now on. Better strap in.

Acquire Me

By the way, the pack of wolves mentality at very quickly rounding on @GaryLifo, reached a far lower level than his stupidly worded post. Daft, yes, but Putinesque ? No.

The smug fecker needs the wolf treatment. It’s bloody serious you know :lol:

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.

thanks for your support. It has made me reconsider my plans to retreat from the forum and nuke the site from orbit ;)

Brophs

The One and Only
The parasites made the deal of a lifetime. They aren't selling. They'd be fools to do so. The most likely time this club gets sold, barring extraordinary circumstances, is when Joel dies of old age. Probably 30 years from now on. Better strap in.
What does Prince William have to do with th—actually, ignore that, I misread it.

croadyman

Well there won't be a club in that case

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Glazers are idiots. If Lizzie keeps plugging the same way, their dollar-denominated price would have plummeted over the course of the next two years.

Heinzesight

Just going to clutch at straws and hope this is him subtly saying I’m still here. Your price is too high. Call me.

Sell up you fecking turds!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If the super league doesn’t happen I think owning the club will begin to make less financial sense.
Even if they took out 100m in dividends for the next 30 years they would earn less than they would for a potential sale today

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I have a bad feeling the Glazers are about to take on more debt.

crossy1686

career ending
@crossy1686

Get in here and tell us it’s going to be okay before that smug fecker @GaryLifo gets bumped off down United Road by the baying mob
Haha sorry, I'll do my best with a quick update.

Nothing new on the stock front, it's down by about 0.50 since the earnings report, my feelings were probably right that it was being played by momentum traders in the run up. It's been putting in higher lows the last couple of months and it doesn't seem to be a downtrend but it is rangebound at the moment in the $13 zone. It will need news either way to move it at this point, or some big buys or sells from ITK's.

Volume in the stock is down since the news first broke but it's still trading with much more volume than it usually does, with some decent buys in there also, nothing huge though. For me it seems like United still are for partial sale at least, if they go off the market or stop being touted around this will probably drop back down to around $10 per share, or maybe that needs to happen before a buyer is willing to step in and get a good deal.

No real news here unfortunately but I'm keeping an eye on it and the financials to see if there's anything happening behind the scenes.

I saw what Ratcliffe said as well, he said he met the Glazer family to discuss a sale but they said the club isn't for sale. My take on that:

1. They agreed to have a meeting about the sale of United, you don't do that unless you're looking to sell. He didn't just pop in for a brew and a quick chat unannounced.
2. He says United aren't for sale, and from what we've heard they're not, but there is a partial stake for sale. Also, he doesn't really want to pay what they're asking.
3. No one in their right mind is going to give this mob millions for them to then turn around and take it out in dividends over the next 10 years, not without a contractual agreement that they will sell their stake in United within an agreed time frame.
4. If the club is for partial sale only and they can't hoodwink someone into funding them, we're looking at a stalemate until something gives. Either a huge offer comes in or they have enough at some point.

LordSpud

This. An official meeting took place, they didn't bump into each other in a service station McDonalds and have a quick chat.
Rumour has it SJR got Mayfair on his Big Mac in the Maccie's Monopoly. Joel just got a free McFlurry.

Pickle85

Think about it. They're out in the middle of nowhere with some club they barely know. They looks around them, what does they see? Nothing but fans that hate them. “Oh, there’s nowhere for me to run, what's Jim gonna do, say no?

Cause if the Glazers said no, then the answer obviously is no. The thing is that they're not gonna say no, they'd never say no…because of the implication.
Enjoyed this reference.

red thru&thru

I'm not too sure what people expected? Did they really expect him to say that he's negotiating? What do you think that would do to the stock price?

And the biggest giveaway that he's interested, is him calling them "nice people."

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
Think about it. They're out in the middle of nowhere with some club they barely know. They looks around them, what does they see? Nothing but fans that hate them. “Oh, there’s nowhere for me to run, what's Jim gonna do, say no?

Cause if the Glazers said no, then the answer obviously is no. The thing is that they're not gonna say no, they'd never say no…because of the implication.
They'll see anything but that. They'll see their billionaire properties, the sunshine and a lifestyle totally removed from most United fans. They're thousands of miles away and will doubtless be told some things about how the fans feel but it won't interfere with their lives one bit. If they lived in Manchester, Cheshire or even London it might be different but the fact they're hated will be water of a duck's back to them.

Why would he have met the glazers if not to talk about the sale? Surely they would of said “Nah, you’re all right mate, not interested” through intermediaries or a bloody email? Why would they have met and wasted Ratcliffes and they’re own time?
As above, these people lead totally different lives to us and move in totally different circles. Could even have met at something as obvious as a Grand Prix or an NFL game. He did say he had met, not met with. It's no real surprise.

Last edited:

Coops73

Just a gut feeling but after watching that I think he wants United and I don’t think this is the end, that last bit about Nice was a little weird, old club, California climate, we’ll probably have a look at what we can do with it?

stw2022

The only assumption they want to sell is this daft idea they're occasionally taken aback by their own business model.

At no point, despite what some want to believe, have they ever thought: "Gosh all this debt is a lot - we'd better sell"

They're proven, long-term sports team owners. It's unfortunate how some seem perpetually convinced they're about to sell us. It must be exhausting after 15 years.

There are a lot of people who can buy a lot of businesses. That's as far as this has ever gone.

We will be here again within a year. A new billionaire. Articles saying 'could' and 'rumour'. Speculation a rise/fall/plateaued share price is a sure sign of an imminent sale.

Last edited:

arthurka

So nice people, interested and saying he wants a premium club and won't wait forever. Lubed up and pressured. It's on

Bebe

thanks for your support. It has made me reconsider my plans to retreat from the forum and nuke the site from orbit ;)
You said something that a) was true, and b) people didn't want to hear. Expect nothing less than the hounds at your doorstep, we're on the internet after all.

(now please skip my house with the nuke)

Mr. Robot

@GaryLifo is incorrect in feeling smug because everything has a price. The Glazers aren’t going to say “Oh yes we are for sale, what do you want to pay us?”

They will pretend that there’s no way of selling until Lord Jim starts flashing his wallet at them.

There’s far too much noise now to be no truth in any of this:

- We’ve had that guy on Twitter who sounds like Brad Pitt in Snatch claim that he knows for sure the Glazers are open to selling (and he’s been right about stuff before)

- Webby and O’Neil have been told people are trying to buy the club behind the scenes. These are two matchgoing reds who know a lot of people at the club.

- Today, Sir Jim himself has said he has met with the Glazers. Plus he said they’re “very nice people” which is obviously untrue but a negotiation tactic nevertheless.

- Erm…profit.

CtRafidah

Many ways to interpret this latest musings from Sir Jim and his press team/tabloid/news. He may signaling to say he is ready and waiting like many posters here said, alternatively it could be to say he tried and the yanks aint selling hence im moving on, or there was never an interest to begin with since he knows those yanks wont sell.

Either way we look at it, up to us fans no matter what the play pans out on the field to get them out. History should be a good teacher on this, every plot/plan/scheme/dynasty comes to a crumbling end if its not changed. My only gripe is with the lawmakers as they are quick to turn on anything russian, BUT cant do the same to the yanks. Cant stress enough and bring up the same point of how a great institution with rich and deep ties to community is being sapped away and burned to the ground by these yanks and yet no action taken by those whom can do something about it besides the community themselves.

TheRedHearted

If the super league doesn’t happen I think owning the club will begin to make less financial sense.
Even if they took out 100m in dividends for the next 30 years they would earn less than they would for a potential sale today
In thirty years surely the club should be worth 20,000,000 , no?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
In thirty years surely the club should be worth 20,000,000 , no?
Why? You think the value of assets only appreciate?
In the last 5 years United share price has dropped 33%

Last edited:

stw2022

The assumption the Glazers must want to sell because we want them to needs scrutiny