Is Mainoo the real deal?

Is Kobbie Mainoo the real deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

frostbite

He is probably the real deal. I hope the next manager uses him correctly (ie, not every game) and continues to improve.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That's Arsenal fan on here that claimed he's nothing special :lol:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I wonder if England will utilise him much at the Euros. He’s the kind of player really needed in that midfield.

Siorac

I'm still in the "Patience" camp but it's getting more and more difficult not to get carried away.

Abraxas

Could be very special. A goal in a game like that is huge. Turning up in the biggest fixtures. There are some very good players that don't do that, they fade into the background on the big days. I think if he was on the market every club in the world would love to buy him at his current age and potential.

siw2007

Injuries and hunger to succeed will be huge factors with any young player. Mainoo comes across as a mature player but will still be susceptible to the many distractions that come with the game of being a player of Manchester United.

However there is no denying that he is the most ludicrously talented midfielder to come out of our academy in a generation or even more. If he keeps his feet grounded he can enjoy a very successful career for United and even England.

David Bartley

He was average at Anfield and thats being kind. If that's the level of performance you call good then Utd are worse than even I thought.

He's a good prospect nothing more. That Newcastle midfielder miley who's younger has far far more to his game and dominated Mainoo a few weeks back.

Stop overhyping Utd players
Oh dearie me …

bosskeano

He was average at Anfield and thats being kind. If that's the level of performance you call good then Utd are worse than even I thought.

He's a good prospect nothing more. That Newcastle midfielder miley who's younger has far far more to his game and dominated Mainoo a few weeks back.

Stop overhyping Utd players
is crack your mate?

David Bartley

I'm more curious why he thinks Mainoo getting Valencia's physique would be bad. Man was strong like a tank while being absolutely rapid
Forget who but a player once said trying to tackle Valencia was like being hit by a small car.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Body types can be deceiving. I remember a clip on a podcast of Bullard and O’Hara discussing Lassana Diarra and they said he was unbelievable in terms of intelligence and his movement but that running into him felt like you were “tackling a hotel”.

I could see Mainoo being that type of profile. He did quite well yesterday a few times against more physically imposing players and players can definitely have muscle strength without necessarily having the size.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Body types can be deceiving. I remember a clip on a podcast of Bullard and O’Hara discussing Lassana Diarra and they said he was unbelievable in terms of intelligence and his movement but that running into him felt like you were “tackling a hotel”.

I could see Mainoo being that type of profile. He did quite well yesterday a few times against more physically imposing players and players can definitely have muscle strength without necessarily having the size.
His lower body strength and balance is absurd. It’s why he wins so many duels as a teenager and why he’s so difficult to bully off the ball

T_Model101

Such an incredible talent, hope you lads are ready to see him play 15 mins for England this summer :lol:

Foolsgold21

Feels like a long time since I’ve loved a player coming through as much as him.

So so different to a typical English midfielder.

Once we start playing properly with 60%+ possession most games, he’s just going to get even better.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
His speed of thought is what impresses me the most. It's instant, and often perfect.
His finish yesterday was Solskjaer like :)

Mike Smalling

It's always a good sign when young players pop up in important games. Goal and great performance in FA Cup final, goal vs. Liverpool, goal deep in stoppage time to win vs. Wolves. Mainoo has had some huge moments this year.

SungSam7

£100M player
£100 mill wouldn't even have a phone call answered.
If Enzo was paid more and playing in the Portuguese league, we shouldn't even be considering anything north of 140 million on what he's shown alone this year. How many players that young get man of the match against a cheating loaded City side in a final?

miked99

I think his form dipped after the England appearance until the last couple of weeks, but that's understandable given his age and how much he's played.

Performances aside, the way he talks is so impressive. Absurdly calm and mature sounding for his age. You just know this isn't a guy that's going to get derailed by his ego or a belief he's already made it.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
His ball control and technique is already world class. Such a joy to watch him, and opponents hardly take the ball off him

TrailMonkey

He has this Berbatov-like ability to caress and manoeuvre the ball in a way that can't be coached. Low centre of gravity might help, but he certainly has time/patience/awareness on the ball that surpasses many experienced top class pros.