Is Ole’s football really any better than José & LVG’s?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Don’t watch us play then.

That was a woeful game, were in a bad patch, but overall it’s been much better in an attacking sense.

Of course we can pretend it’s the same or worse every time we have a poor result, that’s much more fitting for this place.
I wish that was an option

Swedish_Plumber

Not sure about this if I’m honest. We’ve had some fantastic games and performances but there just isn’t any consistency.
The really worrying thing is the complete lack of fight tonight. And Ole’s lack of subs too.
The players on the pitch need to know that if they’ve been shite, they’re coming off. Rashford was atrocious tonight but I feel like it’s Ole’s hope of individual brilliance to win games that keeps him on.
There just doesn’t seem to be any fluidity in our play and it’s so easy just to sit back against.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Poor away days and really low quality football coincide with Pogba being out of the team. Utterly devoid of creativity from deep midfield

Machine Elements

You can't really compare as he doesn't even have a sytle of play. "Ole's football" is relying solely on individual quality. There's no comparison with the likes of Mourinho or LVG who were top coaches once upon a time.

SeanyC

Better I say, Jesus LVG used to put me to sleep, Jose was park the bus, least we score now and play a bit better. Not much better though

Infra-red

Nope. Largely the same as Jose - poor at breaking down sides that sit deep, but decent on the break. It looks like our defensive shape is worked on in training, but the attacking part of our game is left up to the players to figure out on the pitch.

Football from the 90s, basically.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yes.

it is ten times better.
It's really not, it was like this under Jose. I will take Ole over Jose any day, but the last few weeks you could put Jose in the stands you won't tell the difference.

Double standards.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Play to not lose and then start trying with 10 minutes left.

Absolutely fecking awful. Sick of it

Phil

It's only good if we're allowed space to counter. Pathetic football once again.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think there's a couple boring performances for every enjoyable one. Maybe more.

It's not a problem if the results are justified but of late it's become more tedious. Ever since the Everton game for me, I feel we've been dire to watch.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He built a decent squad IMO. But this coaching staff has no clue. Not blaming Ole for all of that, but he's responsible.

JustAGuest

We scored 49 goals over a full Premier League season under LVG. Anyone who thinks this is as bad is having a laugh.

Paul_Scholes18

Mourinhos football was far more fun I think before the meltdown.

LVG was only fun at times, but mostly dull as feck.

RORY65

It's definitely better than the 2nd year of Van Gaal and probably slightly better than his 1st year and under Mourinho in that he gives the players more freedom but it never really looks like anything has been worked on, it's just vibes and hope enough good players have a good day. It's so marginal though, it's like the apparently clear development of the team in that the improvement is so gradual that Shoretire will be retired before we become a really good, entertaining side.

RepardReece

Such a lazy reply. I’m emotionally invested in this team & have been all my life of course I’m going to watch every game.
Same, watch game after game but tonight was really the final straw for me. Worst game of football I think I've ever watched. Back to how we were before Bruno - His magic isn't saving us anymore.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
We've definitely had better moments with Ole, but since Christmas we're pretty clueless.

I thought tonight my tv screen was stuck on Pause.

AFC NimbleThumb

Better than Jose’s.

I’m one of the few LVG fans so I won’t answer on that account.

SirMarcusRashford

Easy asking this question after 2 boring 0-0 draws and getting a kneejerk 'no' reply from lots of people, but United being the highest scorers in the PL and playing some great attacking football this season, the answer is easy, yes Ole's football is better than Jose's/LVG and Moyes .

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Its better but its still not good enough.

Some days the players are motivated. Then other days they cannot be bothered.

I still think we can be much better.

Someone

Something
He did a great job building a good squad. But I don't know if he has what it takes to take us further, only time will tell because I don't think he's leaving any time soon.

GlasgowCeltic

When there’s space to run it’s undoubtably devastating, but then that was the same for Mourinho...”4-0 FC” etc

Stringer

It is better but a long way off the standard that United should expect. I don't think he necessarily improves the football in an active fashion i.e. better coaching and patterns of play; he simply doesn't restrict the team the way those two did.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I preferred Moyes' brand on reflection. Comically awful.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Same, watch game after game but tonight was really the final straw for me. Worst game of football I think I've ever watched. Back to how we were before Bruno - His magic isn't saving us anymore.
worst game of football I’ve ever watched. It reminded me of games before last january.

they are two sentences you’ve just made in the same reply.

Swivel Hips

This was the worst performance I have seen in all the 65 years I’ve been a fan. No ideas no fight, no creativity outfought by Palace, tactically out thought. Team couldn't even pass the ball from one white shirt to another. I love Ole but I’m afraid he is not a good coach. Look at Chelsea, Tuchel comes and straightaway they look a different team with same bunch of players.
i am dreading next Sunday.

AFC NimbleThumb

Such a lazy reply. I’m emotionally invested in this team & have been all my life of course I’m going to watch every game.
You’re only allowed blind optimism according to the Top Reds on here though don’t forget that!

When the defence is ‘support someone else’ or ‘stop watching’ it’s rather clear they can’t actually defend the football.

JG3001

Better I say, Jesus LVG used to put me to sleep, Jose was park the bus, least we score now and play a bit better. Not much better though
Precisely, I think it says a lot more about how desperately bad things got under the previous two managers than how much better the current manager is.

Standards have been lowered hard, couple that with an ex legend player in charge, and too many fans are willing to give a free pass to crap. That’s sentimentality for you, unfortunately United have far too much for it’s own good.

RepardReece

worst game of football I’ve ever watched. It reminded me of games before last january.

they are two sentences you’ve just made in the same reply.
They ain't the same thing fella, we are back to how we were playing before last January, doesn't mean this game wasn't pretty shocking to watch? Not the same thing at all.

Ludens the Red

Easy asking this question after 2 boring 0-0 draws and getting a kneejerk 'no' reply from lots of people, but United being the highest scorers in the PL and playing some great attacking football this season, the answer is easy, yes Ole's football is better than Jose's/LVG and Moyes .
we’re not anymore. City took that last night. So that’s the Top since Bruno came, top on January 3rd and top scorers trophies all gone now.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You’re only allowed blind optimism according to the Top Reds on here though don’t forget that!

When the defence is ‘support someone else’ or ‘stop watching’ it’s rather clear they can’t actually defend the football.
These are the same people who think Pogba is our biggest problem. Well, this is us without him, hope they’re enjoying themselves..