Is Pogba as good as gone?

KennyBurner

Hope he gets back quickly. I’m tired of alternating between pereira and lingard. Also want to see how he performs as a 10. Him excelling there could solve our current biggest problem. Also wonder if Ole might consider using him there.

fergiesarmy1

I’d like to know how many games he’s attended since he last played, can’t remember seeing much at all.

ReddBalls

Being reported he's out for a few more weeks. Got a mate who works at OT and he told me a few weeks ago that it was common knowledge around the club that Pogba won't play again and is definitely off in January. I laughed it off at the time but I reckon he's right.
What kind of work does he do?

El Zoido

Being reported he's out for a few more weeks. Got a mate who works at OT and he told me a few weeks ago that it was common knowledge around the club that Pogba won't play again and is definitely off in January. I laughed it off at the time but I reckon he's right.
I don’t believe it. Why would we sell him in January? He could make or break our season when we’re at the business end. Any team agreeing to buy him will have no problem waiting until the summer anyway, so it makes no sense on any level that we let him go in January.

The_Order

When you hate someone, it doesn't matter what they do, you'll always view them through your lens of disdain.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Works at Carrington. Can't really give much more detail than that mate. Not saying this is gospel, or that I'm in anyway ITK, but he never says much and was pretty firm about this.

Eckers99

I don’t believe it. Why would we sell him in January? He could make or break our season when we’re at the business end. Any team agreeing to buy him will have no problem waiting until the summer anyway, so it makes no sense on any level that we let him go in January.
I didn't believe him either - and I hope he's wrong (for obvious reasons). That said, he's not generally a bullsh1tter and I've never passed on 'insider' info like this before as I take most of it with a pinch of salt. Whether you choose to believe it or not, I'm not overly arsed.

Smores

If we've already got someone coming in to replace him in Jan then we might have decided it's better to get it done now so we can move forward.

It would be risky but i can see the logic in doing it now.

dev1l

.https://twitter.com/lauriewhitwell/status/1197824212502753282?s=19

Jibbs

B
Because if we keep him till summers, there will only be 1 year left in his contract and he can wait till Jan 21 to sign a contract with any other club and go for free then, If management see no long-term future of Pogba with United, the right time to sell him is this Jan. Get the money, invest and get the players who value the culture of the club.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
B

Because if we keep him till summers, there will only be 1 year left in his contract and he can wait till Jan 21 to sign a contract with any other club and go for free then, If management see no long-term future of Pogba with United, the right time to sell him is this Jan. Get the money, invest and get the players who value the culture of the club.
We have the option to extend his contract by a further year. Another reason we wouldn't sell him is that we've already sold 2 midfielders without replacement, we'd have to be utterly suicidal to sell a third and you're never getting close to a player capable of replacing Pogba in January. I actually can't think of a worse time to sell than this January.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
So,if he is off,where do people thinking he'll be heading and what fee do people see as acceptable ?

Edit: Like the new layout,btw. Top job.

dev1l

Back to Juve - £100m and we will get Mandzukic as part of the deal.
It seems so. Problem is how Juve will be paying the fee cause I cannot see them forking out 100m+ in cash.
In that eventuality we re likely to see a Juve player or two coming to us.

kidbob

For what it's worth I think this thread is off the mark and he'll stay until the summer and play again when he's fit. I like Pogba and rate him as our best player but does anyone really believe we wouldn't be better off selling him for good money and bringing in a proper 10 and 8/6. It seems like our biggest complaint is that Pogba is a bit of both but not quite the best of both. I'd be happy to see him go as long as we get 2 players in these positions who are first teamers right away. As for who them players are I'm not sure but I guess a Carrick type and prime Mata type would be awesome for us.

fergiesarmy1

It seems so. Problem is how Juve will be paying the fee cause I cannot see them forking out 100m+ in cash.
In that eventuality we re likely to see a Juve player or two coming to us.
Paid on the never never it don’t really matter these days, only time we got money up front for a sale of a star was Ronnie and £80m was a bargain to Real.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I like Pogba and rate him as our best player but does anyone really believe we wouldn't be better off selling him for good money and bringing in a proper 10 and 8/6. I
To rebuttal - do you trust the club "to sell him for good money and actually bring in a proper no.10 and 8/6"?

DoomSlayer

That's a serious claim, to be honest. I hope you are not on a wind up.

kidbob

To rebuttal - do you trust the club "to sell him for good money and actually bring in a proper no.10 and 8/6"?
Ed definitely not but the one real positive of Ole has been the signings so I'd have a bit of optimism. The important thing would be unloading a player who doesn't want to be here (even though I have never had a problem with his attitude) and bringing in 2 more committed players. I guess I'm optimistic that if we can replace him and Matic with 3 good players we might be better off. I do want us to keep Pogba and play him until the summer though. He could be vital for us, especially if it comes to needing to win the Europa.

DoomSlayer

Don’t see why would you think he is on a wind up, pretty clear the effort of both the club and player to get him on the pitch is zero.
Because it's the last thing we fecking need to be dealing with right now. I've had my issues with Pogba but I always wanted it to work out as we desperately need it and so does Ole if he wants to keep his job.

Right now, our midfield options are down to Fred only. How are we supposed to play like this?

fergiesarmy1

Because it's the last thing we fecking need to be dealing with right now. I've had my issues with Pogba but I always wanted it to work out as we desperately need it and so does Ole if he wants to keep his job.

Right now, our midfield options are down to Fred only. How are we supposed to play like this?
No point putting a player on the pitch that has no interest in helping the club especially if he’s already moving on.

Agree our midfield is terrible, worst I’ve seen in a decade but if Pogba has no interest in playing for us then Fred the red would be more useful. Pogba’s attitude stinks.

Brophs

The One and Only
The plaster cast might be a bit of a stretch, tbf. He'd just have claimed to have had a back injury like every other player who couldn't be arsed if he was sacking it off.

Ludens the Red

This has been what I’ve thought for a while, I mean to me the idea that Paul Pogba still wants to play for Manchester United is completely ridiculous. But then the club have been an absolute disgrace at providing injury updates on players this season. The lack of transparency is a joke. Shaw and Martial got injured, there were initially diagnosis of a few weeks and both missed months of action and there were never any updates from anyone at the club. Players seem to get injured and nobody says anything, they just disappear.

DoomSlayer

No point putting a player on the pitch that has no interest in helping the club especially if he’s already moving on.

Agree our midfield is terrible, worst I’ve seen in a decade but if Pogba has no interest in playing for us then Fred the red would be more useful. Pogba’s attitude stinks.
It's all a shambles right now mate, i have no idea how are we supposed to progress as a team like that. The worst part is that I don't see any club paying up the required money for Pogba in January or in the summer.

dev1l

It's all a shambles right now mate, i have no idea how are we supposed to progress as a team like that. The worst part is that I don't see any club paying up the required money for Pogba in January or in the summer.
I assume that if he signs for Juventus, we ll get a player in exchange plus a sum of money over a period of 4 years or so. I won't be surprised if we still owe them money from 3 years ago when we signed him. If that's the case,these will be deducted.

fergiesarmy1

I think they will take him for the same reason we did non football related, he’s great marketing for a club.

I think he wants to go for another pay day, his agent wants another ridiculous pay day and he knows he will look a better player playing for Juve or Real who most of the time have walkover games.

Eckers99

That's a serious claim, to be honest. I hope you are not on a wind up.
Been on the Caf for years and, despite hearing the odd rumour, I've genuinely never made any vaguely ITK comments before. And, just to reiterate, I'm only passing on what I've heard so not saying this is gospel. But the guy was pretty emphatic about it.

Hope he's wrong to be honest but... that's what he said.

fergiesarmy1

Been on the Caf for years and, despite hearing the odd rumour, I've genuinely never made any vaguely ITK comments before. And, just to reiterate, I'm only passing on what I've heard so not saying this is gospel. But the guy was pretty emphatic about it.

Hope he's wrong to be honest but... that's what he said.
Hope he’s right :cool::cool::cool:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ole came out in a presser recently saying he wanted his players to reign in their social media activity and to concentrate on football, so what does Pogba do, has a fecking video of his plaster-cast coming off, why he thought anybody would want to watch that is beyond me, and then a few days later another one showing him fannying around on a basketball court(or whatever the hell it was).

He obviously doesn't give two shits.
Be careful, you'll get a lot of posters coming out angrily asking "what's wrong with having a life on social media"?

It's clear there are some staunch fans of his and others who see him as an overrated talent, or an unprofessional talent, or both.

I don't think either side would be convinced to change their views, but it will be intriguing to see how he fares in his new club nonetheless.

Ban

Would the club cover all this, I mean him pretending to be injured but just waiting a January. Personally I don't believe it cause it would be downright idiotic.
On the other hand it would be king if apt if his United career ended like that.

fergiesarmy1

Would the club cover all this, I mean him pretending to be injured but just waiting a January. Personally I don't believe it cause it would be downright idiotic.
At the moment involved, 5% of the value of the club currently they have to in a way.

el3mel

I'm sure he's injured.

It's just a coincidence I guess.