Is Pogba as good as gone?

kidbob

Worlds longest ankle injury for one of the worlds most expensive players
Mate I broke my ankle a year and 5 months ago ad I'm still iffy when it come to just running. Not all injuries are the same and if he was already gone then I'm sure the press would have had a leak by now. He's gone in the summer no doubt but he's just injured right now. As of right now he's been out since the 29/30 of September. That's around 6-7 weeks. The guy also featured against Rochdale and aggravated his injury. If we had already decided to sell him would we have played him against Rochdale? The guy is injured and will play for us again and then will leave in the summer when it's easier to replace him.

fergiesarmy1

Mate I broke my ankle a year and 5 months ago ad I'm still iffy when it come to just running. Not all injuries are the same and if he was already gone then I'm sure the press would have had a leak by now. He's gone in the summer no doubt but he's just injured right now. As of right now he's been out since the 29/30 of September. That's around 6-7 weeks. The guy also featured against Rochdale and aggravated his injury. If we had already decided to sell him would we have played him against Rochdale? The guy is injured and will play for us again and then will leave in the summer when it's easier to replace him.
Broke my own ankle, took the cast off myself to go to watch a united game. He’s dragging this one out without guilt or shame.

VJ1762

I don't think he is necessarily faking the injury, but we can all see that he has always missed important games for us in the last few years. Either through injuries, red cards, or both. I think at this point, it is in the best interests of both club and player to part ways. Pogba is in his prime and tbh I don't think the majority of the supporters have liked him ever since he walked out as a teenager. And we don't look like we are challenging for anything in the near future. Sell him to Madrid, PSG or Juventus and move on.

That said, get rid of the fat cnut Luke Shaw as well. If he was fond of eating, he should have become like Matt Stonie and stuff himself with hotdogs. He should have never become a professional footballer. Just sell him, he is a waste of space.

VJ1762

Broke my own ankle, took the cast off myself to go to watch a united game. He’s dragging this one out without guilt or shame.
I mean, you are not going to make high energy sprints or cover kilometers in 90 minutes, are you? The circumstances are so different.

Needham

I honestly havent seen most of Utd games this season, but has Fred really showed any signs of promise? From what Ive seen its hard to imagine 'Fred' and 'developing' in the same sentence.

Genuine question.
He's miles off still.
Not ruling out the possibility of him raising his game from average 5 to average 6 but not expecting miracles either. Our midfield recruitment in the past 6 years has been the worse of any big club this century.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Being reported he's out for a few more weeks. Got a mate who works at OT and he told me a few weeks ago that it was common knowledge around the club that Pogba won't play again and is definitely off in January. I laughed it off at the time but I reckon he's right.
I worked at United in 2008, the same time as the Ronaldo to Madrid stories went off. I worked in merchandising and there were people I worked with who’s jobs were to place forward orders for stock. They’d be ordering stock 12 months in advance of it being delivered.

I can tell you categorically that anyone with sky sports news knew more than anyone of us on a day to day basis. If we didn’t hear it in the news, we didn’t hear it.

But sure your mate who cleans the toilets of Carrington.....Ed’s first call is to him.

Your mates full of shite.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Be careful, you'll get a lot of posters coming out angrily asking "what's wrong with having a life on social media"?

It's clear there are some staunch fans of his and others who see him as an overrated talent, or an unprofessional talent, or both.

I don't think either side would be convinced to change their views, but it will be intriguing to see how he fares in his new club nonetheless.
I don't mind that kinda stuff normally, if the players want to let their hair down and act the goat in their spare time what's the harm, but when the Manager comes out and said what he did recently it just feels as though Pogba with all the uncertainty over his future is saying you ain't stopping me pal.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I worked at United in 2008, the same time as the Ronaldo to Madrid stories went off. I worked in merchandising and there were people I worked with who’s jobs were to place forward orders for stock. They’d be ordering stock 12 months in advance of it being delivered.

I can tell you categorically that anyone with sky sports news knew more than anyone of us on a day to day basis. If we didn’t hear it in the news, we didn’t hear it.

But sure your mate who cleans the toilets of Carrington.....Ed’s first call is to him.

The post you replied to is... the logical fallacy. To suggest that it's "common" knowledge, even with the everyday staff, that the star player of the club won't be playing until January, and journalists.. who's ENTIRE job is digging up stories from their sources, wouldn't possibly have heard about this, is about as plausible as the moon hoaxers thinking out of 50,000 people working at NASA in the 60's, no one would have spilled the beans. It just does not happen that way.

In other news, here is the player in question on day #2 of his rehabilitation training in Miami: https://www.instagram.com/paulpogba/?hl=en (click his thumbnail/face) - He's working on what we would expect him to work on: Ligament strength, balance, muscles.

M16Red

I have a friend who is friends with some Utd players and they keep this all close to their chest, as do the club.

But believe me there will be plans and options in place, there will be more than three clubs after him.

For me he just undermines the team management to much, he only cares about pogba.

RedDevilUnited369

Pogba won’t leave in January unless there are definite replacements.

So who do you seriously think we could buy in January that fits the current transfer strategy?

Which club are willing to let our likely targets go in January?

Madison? Nope

Who else?

OL29

The way some of you come to conclusions about Pogba based on nothing is really bizarre.

M Bison

Supports
York City
He won’t leave in Jan unless the price is heavily discounted. He’s not worth the sort of money we’d demand, any club paying £100m+ Would be stupid.

McT being injured for Sheff U is a bigger loss than Pogba. Wouldn’t be bothered if he left or stayed at this point.

Red00012

Ya I can just imagine Ed calling Pogba into his office and telling him to fake an injury so he doesn’t have to play until January and we’ll play his full wages also.
There are a some mind boggling thoughts on Pogba.

The_Order

The way some of you come to conclusions about Pogba based on nothing is really bizarre.
It's personal with Pogba, I would hazard a guess why but... We all know for some what it's really about.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Why? Anyhow I don't think he'll play for United again.
Maybe he won't.

But if that's the case, an agreement for a transfer is in place.

United will - rightly - want a decent amount for him. By "decent" I mean "obscene", of course, relatively speaking. The number of teams likely to fork out the required amount is slender. And his status, as such, ain't the best.

Nothing indicates that he's "toxic", as people keep claiming. His relationship with Ole is by all accounts good. And he's obviously injured - you have to get into pure conspiracy theory territory to claim otherwise.

Did he want out earlier? Obviously, I'd say. The "time for a new challenge" comment is feckin' obvious enough. Did Raiola intend to get a deal done (with Madrid most likely) at the time? No doubt.

Raiola isn't an idiot, though. The best scenario for him, here and now, is that Pogba recovers from his injury and gets back to doing well for Manchester United - setting him up for doing well for France at the Euros (in which case his status has been boosted - and someone might be willing to splash real cash for him).

Pogba won't leave United in January unless someone (who?) is ready to pay (truly) top dollar for him - and I doubt anyone is, as things stand. And I furthermore think Raiola (not being an idiot) is well aware of this.

flappyjay

This thread is getting ridiculous. Is Pogba leaving yes he is. But I believe it's going to be in the summer. The club and the fat man must have agreed on it. You would be stupid if you thought Raiola would keep quiet without any promises. Chairs would have been thrown in the summer window, words would have been said.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Broke my middle finger once and I was still able to walk. What's Pogba's excuse ?
He and the club are faking it,simple.
Hello.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Lost my false teeth in 'Nam; still captured Saddam.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Even during shark week I'm able to go to work so Pogba's got nothing om us females.

Last edited:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Honestly don't give a shit when he leaves, he's a major distraction and never plays well for more than 1/3 of the season with us.

northender

Supports
Preston North End
I think his desire to leave is being massively overstated on here. It’s almost every post suggesting we have reached the point of ‘no point’. I don’t pretend to know his intentions, but is this whole unwavering and burning desire to leave thing not largely fabricated? I mean, I can’t really see some sort of sustained campaign or restlessness coming from him, or even this agent everyone hates so much. If people can look past this notion that he’s only pretending he’s injured, he ‘wants to leave’ no more than Rooney did (before signing two new contracts over another 5 years) or De Gea, before doing the same. I’m not seeing this Alexis Sanchez at Arsenal situation, or Modric/Berbatov at Spurs etc where the player is practically kicking and screaming. It’s just not there, people are exaggerating the extent to which they seem to have concluded his intentions. Unless, of course, his absence through ‘injury’ is serving as some sort of daily evidence for them, because there isn’t much else most of the time.

From what I see, and just my experience observing football over the years, Pogba is just as likely to sign a new deal here as he is to leave, and if one was to happen as early as January, then I’d put the former far more likely still. Press, as always, have their share to answer for. Pogba of course did give some ammunition at the beginning of the summer, but I think they then ran with it, knowing he’s our most popular player and tried to force a story/saga out of it (probably to create a welcome United misery story as they love). Before pre-season they were writing crap about him planning to go on strike to ‘force a move’ (which he did not for one second look like doing the entire pre-season) and even up until the final week of the window, there were ‘still time for Pogba to leave United’ stories.

I’m not naive as to think he has not/does not consider leaving. But that conclusion can be drawn before any comments of the summer, simply by doing the maths. He’s 26, there are some doubts about where the team is headed, and he may feel another club could better give him what he wants. But I don’t get the impression he is desperate to go by any stretch, there’s simply been little evidence of that, and there have been many other cases in football where there has been.
It's not like he tried to force his way out quietly. He publicly stated at a press event that he wanted a new challenge. If that's not a clear sign of a player being very keen to leave then I don't know what is.

I'm not surprised he'd want to leave. The current situation/project at United is very different to the one he probably envisaged when he was re-joining admist the fanfare of Mourinho's arrival. He's won the world cup and probably feels that he should be playing in the Champions League and challenging for the biggest honours. Signing a new contract would probably tie him to United until his 30s, I don't see that as something Pogba or Raiola will be looking to do.

I'll leave it to United fans to certify whether he'd be a major miss on the pitch or not, but as a neutral looking on I just think a massive asset like that can be used to strengthen a squad that needs investment in basically all areas, especially in midfield.

mu4c_20le

I'll leave it to United fans to certify whether he'd be a major miss on the pitch or not, but as a neutral looking on I just think a massive asset like that can be used to strengthen a squad that needs investment in basically all areas, especially in midfield.
Of course we miss him, his goals alone would have turned many draws and close defeats into wins in the last few weeks. But the scary thing is that even if he were fit today, he would've been wasted in a deep role as a destroyer rather than his best position, simply because we need the numbers. McT is great and all and Fred seems to be improving, but neither would start for a top 6 side. We need reinforcements regardless of whether he's staying or not.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Only four clubs could realistically afford to pay his transfer fees of at least €130m, maybe more: Barca, Real Madrid, PSG and City. I don’t think that Barca and City have overtly expressed an interest in him. That leaves Madrid and PSG.

Madrid wants Mbappe, and I can’t imagine a scenario where they get Mbappe and Pogba. 500m are the kinds of numbers they are talking for Mbappe. If Mbappe goes to Real, you have to figure PSG keeps Neymar and Pogba goes to PSG.

The Juventus link is just a smokescreen. They would need to sell Dybala and another player (DeLigt?) to even make it work.

I actually think Pogba might be here for another season unless the Mbappe domino falls....
You dont need magic to find 100m for pogba. His marketing value alone is worth it.

Need i remind you that inter just bought lukaku for 70m. Something i dont envisage an italian team would be able to do. Juve bought de light for 60m. 100m or thereabouts while expensive isnt out of reach

SirAF

Ageist
I don't remember the reliability of Cadena COPE, but Giæver doesn't just post any old shit. Or does he?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

I don't remember the reliability of Cadena COPE, but Giæver doesn't just post any old shit. Or does he?
I don't know what he is reporting exactly but it was said on Cope that United locker room thinks that he is going to leave in January. It didn't sound like a solid news but we will quickly see.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Why? Anyhow I don't think he'll play for United again.
If he does, he will probably start off well and make an impact. But as soon as something happens his form will deteriorate to his normal sloppiness.
We need players who are prepared to do whatever it takes and I am sorry but Pogba and Martial as well as many others are simply not tough enough.

Judas

Open to offers
The thought of us letting Pogba go in Jan, us bringing no one else in to replace him and having to watch our current midfield for the rest of the season is so beyond grim.