g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Is Pogba as good as gone?

Robaldo

For sure I can understand people rejecting the idea that he’s got a bad attitude, but saying he wants to leave last summer on top of his brother telling the Spanish press every other week that he wants to go is hardly the way to act after three years at his performance level.

Ability wise he may well be the best player in the squad, but the inconsistency and injury issues counter that.

He has in no way lived up to his own hype, and I don’t see him as better than an alternative attacking midfielder.

The spine of this squad is emerging (De Gea, AWB, McTominay, Rashford, James) and I really don’t think he’s justified his place amongst those players with regards to application of ability.

fergiesarmy1

Should have never been created in the first place. I see nobody discussing Bailly or Fosu Mensah everyday while they are injured. There should be no Pogba convo really until he returns, or something actually happens. This is just a ‘put your Pogba-bashing here’ thread. He’s not the first footballer to be injured for a few months.
Might be something to do with the £100 plus million invested in him for little return.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
What exactly is his injury? The club's stance is he had an ankle injury but other sources are still saying he had a fissure on his toe. So what is it? Surely it can't be both?

mu4c_20le

I dont get why the media keeps bringing up the basketball video, it's not like he suited up and played in a game.. i'd rather he be keeping up his fitness with physical activity than stay at home playing video games, or out partying.

fergiesarmy1

The daily mail? Hardly a reliable source.

Isn't this all off the back of some absolute nonsense rumour from Spain?
Think they were the first with Poch sacked, think it’s more off the back of him pissing around for 2 months and wanting out at the same time.

DoomSlayer

He has a story on Instagram with his foot wrapped in something. Not sure if it's part of the recovery.

fergiesarmy1

Ole should subsidies him for his god awful tactics that made him not want to comeback.
So Pogba is right to refuse to play for a club that pays him £15m a year because the manager who replaced the manager Pogba helped get the sack doesn’t play tactics he likes?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

soapythecat

Pogba will know that he is here until the end of the season, at least. No way, Real Madrid will pay the asking price in January - not a chance.
He will be back soon but his performances need to improve. If he gets to play further forward, then he will do well because McT and Fred begins him are now playing at the level to support his style of football.

Baffles me why fans cant see Pogba as a failed transfer.

Incredible really.

Insane fee, insane wages and the guys form/commitment/attitude have warranted nothing but criticism.

He's egotistical, over hyped and believes in his own self worth more than anything else.

I've never been a fan of his coming back, and am absolutely sick of debating over this guy. He's shown at times glimpses, but never more. He's never grown into the player we hoped he would and he's caused way more problems than he's solved. Hell, we changed formations and signed players to "get the best out of him" and he's still been bang average.

He's been an absolute flop here for the 2nd time. We've put up with him for "marketing reasons" and cashed in on his name and shirt sales. Footballing wise, it's hard to justify.

He's been angling for a move for nearly 2 seasons yet sections of our fans still adore him and cant see a future without him. Time to wake up and move on
Pogba wasn't a flop 1st time. He joined us at 14 and left at 17 because he didn't see a route into the first team and Juve offered him first team football.

It hasn't gone to plan since his return - flashes of brilliance but nothing consistent. In his defence the team around him wasn't great when he signed and has got worse every year he's been back. His attitude has been odd at times and I think it's a lot to do with him struggling to cope with the pressure of being the main man who will carry the burden of responsibility for getting United results. Big players like Cantona, Keane, Rooney seemed to thrive when under the spotlight and United fans thought Pogba could do the same.

I think many United fans are scared of us selling another top player to Madrid and watching him spend his prime years excelling there.

ifightdragons

Baffles me why fans cant see Pogba as a failed transfer.

Incredible really.

Insane fee, insane wages and the guys form/commitment/attitude have warranted nothing but criticism.

He's egotistical, over hyped and believes in his own self worth more than anything else.

I've never been a fan of his coming back, and am absolutely sick of debating over this guy. He's shown at times glimpses, but never more. He's never grown into the player we hoped he would and he's caused way more problems than he's solved. Hell, we changed formations and signed players to "get the best out of him" and he's still been bang average.

He's been an absolute flop here for the 2nd time. We've put up with him for "marketing reasons" and cashed in on his name and shirt sales. Footballing wise, it's hard to justify.

He's been angling for a move for nearly 2 seasons yet sections of our fans still adore him and cant see a future without him. Time to wake up and move on
This is possibly the best post I've ever read on the caf.

Woodzy

My guess was that his injury was legit but he’s been healthy for a while now, refusing to play to push a transfer but also not get injured again. Honestly can’t blame him for wanting to leave if true.
If I was going to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon (which i'm going to do because feck all else exciting happens at this club), I personally think he decided he'd had enough after the Rochdale game.

Sing you a song

The more time he is missing, the more these rumours seem to hold some truth. It's an embarrassing situation for the club.
I said it months ago and I stand by it ,can’t wait for this self important , self obsessed sham of a player to get out of the club an absolute waster , no loyalty to his teammates only cares about himself .
If possible I would let him rot so he misses out on euro’s but failing that clear him out ASAP .
He will go down in history as our worst ever buy

RedTiger

Half mast
https://talksport.com/football/634614/paul-pogba-man-utd-alan-brazil-source-real-madrid-juventus/

Alan Brazil saying he’s heard from a very strong source that Pogba will never play for us again.
“He says: ‘From a very strong source – Pogba will NEVER play for United again’.
“Now, take that the way you want it, I don’t know who has told him but that is what he is saying.
So Alan wasn't specifically told by a primary source, instead he's passing on info that he received 3rd hand.

RedTiger

Half mast
I said it months ago and I stand by it ,can’t wait for this self important , self obsessed sham of a player to get out of the club an absolute waster , no loyalty to his teammates only cares about himself .
If possible I would let him rot so he misses out on euro’s but failing that clear him out ASAP .
He will go down in history as our worst ever buy
Where do you get this from? Which team-mate has he undermined or thrown under the bus?

Acole9

Outstanding
Can't believe people are still clinging on to him wanting to be here, of course he doesn't. We should cash in as soon as possible, he hasn't played for god knows how long, we don't need him. Get someone in that wants to play for the club and someone that can adapt their game... never known a midfielder that can't play in a two.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Neither of them are the best but at least they look like they want to be here. We also didn't pay a world record fee for either of them thankfully!
Pogba played a lot in a two, acting as if he couldn't or won't is dishonest, it's not ideal the same way playing Pirlo, Gerrard, Lampard or Iniesta in a standard two man midfield wasn't.

Acole9

Outstanding
Pogba played a lot in a two, acting as if he couldn't or won't is dishonest, it's not ideal the same way playing Pirlo, Gerrard, Lampard or Iniesta in a standard two man midfield wasn't.
He has played a lot in a two yes, but he hasn't done a very good job when he's been asked to. When he played in a two with Matic he normally leaves him isolated.

Irwin99

I wonder if Ole is disappointed by Pogba. He's never been anything other than complimentary about him in the media. He said he wanted to build the team around Paul but his behaviour hasn't been all that different from Lukaku who he did have a go at subtly and not so subtly (when Rom leaked the fitness results of the players to prove a point on Twitter). I always thought there was some double standards there but maybe he believed Pogba would stick around.

DoomSlayer

I wonder if Ole is disappointed by Pogba. He's never been anything other than complimentary about him in the media. He said he wanted to build the team around Paul but his behaviour hasn't been all that different from Lukaku who he did have a go at subtly and not so subtly (when Rom leaked the fitness results of the players to prove a point on Twitter). I always thought there was some double standards there but maybe he believed Pogba would stick around.
Interesting you mentioned double standards, but I remember reading stories in the summer that Lukaku was pissed off at Ole for treating his situation differently to Pogba's, even though the latter also went public in saying he wants to leave the club.

JPRouve

Scout
He has played a lot in a two yes, but he hasn't done a very good job when he's been asked to. When he played in a two with Matic he normally leaves him isolated.
He has played in a two with Herrera and was perfectly fine, he has done it with Kanté and was perfectly fine and he has done it with Matic and they were perfectly fine until Matic performances went down hill weeks after weeks. Again acting as if it was Pogba's fault is dishonest, he has his limitations and a playing him as a traditional DM is asking him to step out of his comfort zone but it's no different to expecting to see Iniesta do it at the same level than he would in his ideal role.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Surely there would be noise about a new contract if he was staying beyond the summer.

He'll be gone.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The club as an option, he is controlled until 2022.
Which means in the summer he's 18 month away from being able to sign a contract to leave for nothing. Raiola will be rubbing his hands together.

If he's still here in September imagine how that plays out for the rest of the season. There will be stories every week that he wants £600k+ or he'll walk away for nothing.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Pogba is a professional its quite poor to insinuate he is faking an injury even when he played in a match he shouldn't have whilst injured

Yes he wants to leave we all know that, who wouldn’t, but I really doubt hes faking an injury and the club are paying his wages

JPRouve

Scout
Which means in the summer he's 18 month away from being able to sign a contract to leave for nothing. Raiola will be rubbing his hands together.

If he's still here in September imagine how that plays out for the rest of the season.
It plays out like it did with De Gea and many players in many clubs. It won't be special or new.

Eric's Seagull

Pogba is a professional its quite poor to insinuate he is faking an injury even when he played in a match he shouldn't have whilst injured

Yes he wants to leave we all know that, who wouldn’t, but I really doubt hes faking an injury and the club are paying his wages
Not sure if he is faking injury or not, really hope not. In my opinion it is disgraceful for player to fake an injury just because they don't want to play for a club.

Sing you a song

Where do you get this from? Which team-mate has he undermined or thrown under the bus?
mate you joking ?
Who do you think he let’s down with his behaviour, with his downing of tools and not giving a damn about the club ? It certainly isn’t his bank manager or rat of an agent is it ?
Pogba was delighted when he was instrumental in getting Jose the sack but did he care that his constant underperformance ( remember the stat that he had misplaced more passes than any other player in the prem ) rocking the boat and creating conflict cost the club points and his teammates a chance to play in the champs lge