Is Rashford better than the likes of Saint Maximin?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Rashfords end product is obviously improving this season. Saint maximin just like Adama traore seem like players that just run through you with pace and dribbling. Their end product isn’t that good.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Form is temporary
Class is also temporary I learned from Ronaldo

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Scores a goal and that means I'm wrong? Everything I said about him was true and was agreed upon by many last year. Just because I'm not a kneejerk clown, doesn't make it wrong.
I've shit on him plenty in the past but never attacked his character for the work he did off the field.

Nick7

This thread made me laugh at the time. Now it’s even worse. Rashford’s worst season was no worse that ASM’s best season. The comparison gets even worse when you find out ASM played twice as many minutes over the course of that season than Rashford.

SER19

I wanted him sold. Cashed in on. I just didn't see this level coming even though he'd hit high levels in past. Now it's just about consistency over seasons

stevoc

Yes and comfortably so, Saint Maximin is a headless chicken.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Love how these threads swing at times. Hopefully it stays being an utterly ridiculous question.

But I remember the Danny Rose Shaw one!

Golden Nugget

Ignoring the comparison - Saint Maximin is one of the best dribblers I’ve seen. His quick drop of the shoulders and technique is brilliant but quite often when I watch Newcastle (which isn’t much) he tends to disappear for large parts of the game, and only occasionally doing something special (which can lead to goals, or a poor shot/pass).

i wonder if his end product can be coached or if he’ll forever be a moments player

stevoc

I know Rashford had a terrible season last year but how was this ever even a debate.

Saint Maximin since 2019 has 32 goals/assists Rashford has bettered that in 3 of the last 4 seasons.

InfiniteBoredom

I understand if people rate him because of his exciting playstyle but he's the definition of an all fart and no shit footballer. The Caf just fall in love with the likes of him and Adama Traore because they can skin players repeatedly on a good day but none of that matters if the final ball is shit. And yes, wingers/wide attackers naturally will have a pretty high chance of their shot/final pass not coming off, but the intent behind the decision matters, one thing to have the right idea and fail to execute and another entirely to consistently choose the wrong decision.

The Barcodes are having their best season recently by far and he's not an undisputed starter as he has been, that kinda tells its own story.

Robbie Boy

ASM is shite tbh. He's one of these maverick type players that can produce moments of brilliance, but his overall consistency and output is rubbish.

I especially loved his piece of 'skill' yesterday when he ended up kicking it out for a goal kick. Rashford is light years ahead of this bloke, and literally always has been, even at his lowest ebb.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Let's be real here, Rashford doesn't have to face AWB. :nervous:
Its purely speculative but I actually think Rashford would have real problems getting past Wan-Bissaka. Then again so does everyone