Is Roy Keane actually a good pundit

Litch

Brutally honest at times and it makes good viewing....

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's always interesting to see what he has to say.
When it comes to United there aren't many in a better position to comment than Keane.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He just went ballistic on Pogba out of nowhere. Crazy fecker.

RedDevilRoshi

He’s being brutally honest about the club and the players.

Totally agree with everything he has said.

How I wish we still had a leader like him in our team.

Art Vandelay

Can they get him on every week? He was having none of that Pogba bollocks.

Sky only have one pro Liverpool pundit tonight too. Refreshing change.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Yeah Keane's right. Pogba has to make his team mates better. On Sunday he should've put a chance on a plate for Rashford to get us into the game.
And he does have to deliver himself as well. He should try being our top scorer with 13 assists as well.

Pogba's mentality needs to be questioned but then Keane says stupid stuff like they were throwing hair gel at each other on Sunday in the dressing room.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don't know if he's a good pundit, but I love listening to him. He's spot on about our team right now. None of them are fit to wear the shirt. I'd love to feck them all off in the summer.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
This is the sort of situation where Keane comes into his own as a pundit. No need for any real insight and a free reign to be as critical as he wants of the players without anyone really being inclined to disagree.

Someone should sit him down and ask him his opinion of each and every player in our current squad, just for fun.

Minimalist

Don't think Keane has ever been too far away from the truth even at his most miserable. The issue is seemingly people believing his has the tools himself to come in and fix things if given the chance. Not much evidence of it.

He'd probably be better on the fecking board in truth. Setting standards from above rather than actually working with the players.

Gee Male

I actually thought he was quite reserved there. If we lose, I expect him.to go in with studs up.

Tarrou

It's a shame his mentality and fight doesn't mix with modern teenage millionaires otherwise he'd be a great manager.
It didn't mix with grown adults at times back when he was playing. Don't think we can put the blame on modern players to be honest, although it is probably a worse fit now yeah.

Nuts

He’s right. If there’s one thing he definitely knows a bit about it’s playing CM for United. Worth listening to him on Pogba.

AngliaRed

I agree with Keanes comments on Pogba, however...

Players these days don’t necessarily love the clubs they play for. Take for example, Ronaldo at Juventus, I doubt he loves the Italian heritage and Juventus history, he wants to break records and win leagues... same for Neymar, does he care about the French and PSG’s history etc..? It’s just a wage to some players these days.

I’m sure people wouldn’t be as harsh on Pogba if he actually wanted to be here and said he did. Then the fans would accept his laid back style of play more.

Keane is very old fashioned and on this occasion it’s hard to disagree with him.

Paul Pogba wants to leave and I believe he will this summer to Madrid.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He talks bollocks and has a history of it. The way he criticised Queiroz, Ronaldo and Fletcher was a disgrace in the past. It was refreshing to see all three have the last laugh.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I agree with Keanes comments on Pogba, however...

Players these days don’t necessarily love the clubs they play for. Take for example, Ronaldo at Juventus, I doubt he loves the Italian heritage and Juventus history etc.. same for Neymar, does he care about the French and PSG’s history etc..? It’s just a wage to some players these days.

I’m sure people wouldn’t be as harsh on Pogba if he actually wanted to be here and said he did. Then the fans would accept his laid back style of play more.

Keane is very old fashioned and on this occasion it’s hard to disagree with him.

Paul Pogba wants to leave and I believe he will this summer to Madrid.
Do remember Keane was a Leeds fan. Sterling in his interview confirmed he was a United fan.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
So Pogba doesn't track back...

Did Ronaldo?

Is Pogba being told to track back? If he's not doing what he's told, why isn't the manager being criticized for not subbing him.

Pogba is obviously the easy target for these bitter pundits for whatever reason.

He's come out and held his hands up after the game and that's unprofessional and bitchy from Keane.

He's literally been our best player this season ffs. It's laughable,

Minimalist

Did Ronaldo?

Is Pogba being told to track back? If he's not doing what he's told, why isn't the manager being criticized for not subbing him.

Pogba is obviously the easy target for these bitter pundits for whatever reason.

He's come out and held his hands up after the game and that's unprofessional and bitchy from Keane.

Are you seriously comparing a midfielder with a wide-forward/striker?

Baxter

He’s boring as feck. Tearing apart Pogba, who’s been put forward by the club to spout the lines the club wants the fans to hear.

Might have been interesting if he had dug out Rashford, Mata, Matic, Jones et al with the same force.

There’s a reason why he’s stuck with O’Neill and will never get a managerial job again. These guys know all from a position of no pressure.

breakout67

Supports
Man City

Did Ronaldo?

Ronaldo scores 40+ goals a season
Ronaldo is a forward

Please stop embarrassing yourself

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
People will trash on anyone and everyone to defend Pogba :lol:

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I'm asking why the manager isn't subbing him if he's not doing his role on the pitch.

Why he's not being screamed at.

Could it be that he's been told to roam and been given a free-role?
A CM that has a free role and can roam. Pogba really is a special player, can play 3 positions at once :angel:

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Ronaldo scores 40+ goals a season
Ronaldo is a forward

Please stop embarrassing yourself
Wind your neck in lad.

If you're not capable of understanding my point, it's not my fault.

A CM that has a free role and can roam. Pogba really is a special player, can play 3 positions at once :angel:
So what's his manager doing not subbing him?

Why's he not being screamed at?

You seem to think he's operating as some sort of rogue force and Ole can't control him - when in truth he could, and would sub him off if he wasn't doing as asked.